Path of Exile

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess it's time to figure out a poison bow build....

Edit: and just 6 linked in 50 fusings

20180607154921_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any1 sure if curse area of effect on hex master applies to blasphemy aura curses? Last I knew nothing made blasphemy auras bigger.

It does, Curse Area of Effect affects the base curse skills, which are modified into an aura and given bonus range by the Blasphemy support gem. Increased Area of Effect and Increased Aura Area of Effect also apply to a Blasphemy supported curse.

EDIT: Keep in mind diminishing returns, as well. If you're going out of your way just to get that AoE node, it's not going to be as much benefit on a Blasphemy supported curse as it would on a self-cast curse due to the innate AoE bonus on Blashpemy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of maps, what's with the prices this season? I'm used to pretty much any white map from T1-8(ish) costing a chisel, but fuckers want 0.66-1.0c for them now. Found one guy so far who would still sell at the old price when I was buying bulk, but bulk to everyone else seems to be 2-3x that price for everything above T3.

Can those mods appear on regular rare drops in incursions and temple? Or will my loot filter know when it's a special drop(bright red with black background)?
Only the boss drops have 'signature' affixes that Neversink highlights as mentioned. And since the base item isn't flagged like elder/shaper stuff I'm pretty sure it's impossible to reroll for something else.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can those mods appear on regular rare drops in incursions and temple? Or will my loot filter know when it's a special drop(bright red with black background)?

Not sure if that's better than Quill Rain.

It dropped off the construct as just the normal red text/outline with black background and my filter is on strict. I've only seen those "special" prefix mods from the final boss or blues from T3 room chests never any rares with it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I've found 5 Tabulas so far as raw drops. Been burning them on T3 Corruption Altars. Literally. All poofed. So yesterday I just blasted my 2 socket Tombfists. I got +2 AE and +2 Curse aura gems. Would probably be pretty neat if there weren't only two available gem sockets. At least some one call vaal chro the colors to blue-x to run a siqqq blasphemy.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Not sure if that's better than Quill Rain.

Someone earlier wanted 20c for 160 white maps. I'm not sure how you can even make that trade without breaking it up which sounds bad.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My league highlight so far has been hitting 6% int/4%dex and +20% to wrath effect (which I don't use and wish had been +%ES but oh well, the 6% int is exactly what I needed) on my Cyclopean Coil the second time I got a T3 corruption room.

I've got another T3 one of those right now plus a T3 gem room. Not sure what to do with either for maximum potential profit without risking too much up front. Question about the gem one, if I want to gamble for a 21/20 Vaal BV gem, then I need to put a plain 20/20 in it and hope it hits both +1 and Vaal? The way I understand it you still can't actually use the machine on a Vaal you already have because it's already corrupted. Seems like quite a risk though for a 35-40c gem that's not worth much even if you get one of the two.

Someone earlier wanted 20c for 160 white maps. I'm not sure how you can even make that trade without breaking it up which sounds bad.
Depending on tiers I'd definitely have bought that. Simple enough to break the trades up into 5c for 40 four times.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Learned something today on Mathil stream. On PoB you can put in the name (not yours) on the import page like Mathil and it will show every character he has or whoever and you can import the build/equipment straight from that. No need for a pastbin. I'm not sure the other person needs to set something to make it possible first, but it worked on Mathils when he showed that. I thought it was for only importing from pastbin or your own characters but apparently not.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I only just found out you could buy skill gems off Neesa. Made a bit of a difference being able to get some of the skills the build I'm following calls for :p
Yeah early on, you can buy every gem you don't take as a reward, as well as some other gems you're not even offered in quest rewards for more "off class" builds, like say attack skills for Witch, from the various vendors in each act. Once you reach the library in act3, you can buy every gem that's sold to every classes from the NPC there, if you're missing some stuff. Then from act 6 and on, you can buy every gem from Lilly Roth in town too.

There are still a few drop only gems though, for whatever reason, but it's a handful of them, Added Chaos, Detonate Mines, Portal, Enhance/Empower/Enlighten. And vaal gems only drop or are made with vaal orbs. Not sure why Added Chaos is still drop only, the others kinda make sense since they're a bit "special", but Added Chaos feels like it's just punishing chaos builds for no reason.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Fucking spent 20 chaos on a Queen of the Forest 6 slot, with 5 linked. Like a dipshit, I accidentally used a fucking jeweler's orb instead of a fusing on the goddamn thing. Ended up costing me 91 jeweler's and 28 fusings to get it back to a spot that it's at least worth the initial 20C I paid for it. The reeeeeeeeeee is strong with me today.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So what is the best method of leveling or best way to get to whatever the end game is? I'm like 21ish and on Act 2 right now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what is the best method of leveling or best way to get to whatever the end game is? I'm like 21ish and on Act 2 right now.
You just go through the story doing the quests. The optional ones are blue and say (optional) so it's not too hard.

The ways to make the whole thing faster is knowing the map general layout(say the exit as an example is to the north, knowing that you can orient yourself and find the next zone faster), minimizing time spent doing useless shit and killing only the larger packs/blue packs to stay slightly underleveled(hard to do with incursions if you do them though). Basically you get more xp if you're like 2-3levels under the area mobs, so you have to kill less mobs to level, so you can run faster through it. I don't optimize much and tend to stay around the same as the level of the area.

When I started I just full cleared every map though.

But there isn't really an obvious strategy to level faster, it's more about practice and knowledge, unlike say D3 where you know doing the story is dogshit so you want to adventure mode, and do like act1 shit to get the first 10levels, then rifts or whatever. Here everyone does the same thing, running through the story, the only difference is how efficient you can make that. If you google it you can find videos showing how to clear the 10acts in like a few hours, but realistically as a new player, or even an experienced player who hasn't practiced speedrunning, shit takes like 8+hours.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just fucking 6 linked my chest with <15 fusings within a minute of buying it. FFS.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did you get glacial cascade yet? Could probably give you some gems to get going. probably have a ton of gear you could use too, kept most of my old shit if your still going with the GC build i linked.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Did you get glacial cascade yet? Could probably give you some gems to get going. probably have a ton of gear you could use too, kept most of my old shit if your still going with the GC build i linked.

Nah still on the "low levels" part of that guide. Looks like it has me in that setup til level 29ish? I'm off next couple days so will make some progress.