Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got this message twice tonight, any idea what it's about?
rrr_img_19448.png
I believe that's the chinese MSN/ICQ/whatever youngsters use nowadays, you use that to buy gold from that guy.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got this message twice tonight, any idea what it's about?
rrr_img_19448.png
I got it to I just assumed or was spam which seems to be getting noticeably worse.

On a side note two Quill Rain's dropped for me a couple days ago if anyone is interested in trying the explosive arrow build let me know.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I believe that's the chinese MSN/ICQ/whatever youngsters use nowadays, you use that to buy gold from that guy.
Thanks. I assumed it was a spammer but I had no way of buying his shit if I wanted to so I didn't understand what his game was.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I do want to try explode arrow in the future, but not ATM.

What do you want for one?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
email_sl said:
Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China".

To play again, you'll need to type or paste the following access code into the game client after logging in:

If you didn't just attempt to log in from a new location, then someone else has your account password! You should change it immediately which can be done on our website.

If you have any problems with this process, please contact customer support by replying to this email.
wtf. changed my password and my gear is still there, but I really should never use that password again apparently, lol.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
wtf. changed my password and my gear is still there, but I really should never use that password again apparently, lol.
I've heard of numerous hacked accounts so I just use Kee Pass to generate a password for me unique to this game.

Glad to see the regional auto lock worked on your account though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Glad to see the regional auto lock worked on your account though.
Yeah me too, especially since I just borrowed a bunch of goods from Hateyou and Pasteton.

I'll have to look into using Kee pass... My problem with it was always that there was a central point of failure and I didn't understand what would stop someone from getting both the encrypted database and the key for it.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah me too, especially since I just borrowed a bunch of goods from Hateyou and Pasteton.

I'll have to look into using Kee pass... My problem with it was always that there was a central point of failure and I didn't understand what would stop someone from getting both the encrypted database and the key for it.
Well there is no such thing as perfect security but if you use a totally unique Kee Pass password and generated key then it's highly unlikely anyone will get both.

It is likely more then adequate security for anyone other then VIPs.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok then upload it to Dropbox then tie it to an RSA key and if you are the type to lose RSA keys then buy two and keep the second one in a safe place.

Also I haven't tried this personally but I think you can tie your login to your Windows account and system hardware making it so a hacker would have to emulate your computer to login. And then you can generate a one time use key series which you can store on paper somewhere in the event you lose your computer or need to access it remotely.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Throw me on OP. Name is Venijk in game, 74 Marauder. Also been playing a freeze pulse witch I have up to 41, Patchworker

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Throw me on OP. Name is Venijk in game, 74 Marauder. Also been playing a freeze pulse witch I have up to 41, Patchworker
Anyone know the details on how the loot drop penalty works? I've read the penalty is only for currency. And based on being level 77 I expected there to be a penalty for docks and city of sarn but i am told that there isn't? Anyone have an idea?