Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I took a 20/20 Arc gem and used this lapidary lens thing on it and now it is 21 and a vaal arc. Do I keep it slotted for this Poet Pen's / Inpulsa build you linked?
Yeah. You can't trigger vaal skills but the pen will just cast regular arc from the gem. The annoying part is that socketing it in the pen prevents you from casting vaal arc at all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Doesn't seem worth it putting vaal arc elsewhere since the build has no room for supporting it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If you have a weapon with does physical damage of a random element, does that rotate per attack, per map or ?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah. You can't trigger vaal skills but the pen will just cast regular arc from the gem. The annoying part is that socketing it in the pen prevents you from casting vaal arc at all. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Doesn't seem worth it putting vaal arc elsewhere since the build has no room for supporting it.
Supposedly today's patch should have fixed the vaal poet pen issue, so you can self cast it now, but haven't tested.

If you have a weapon with does physical damage of a random element, does that rotate per attack, per map or ?
Per attack.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Conversions are broken or better worded very overpowered, people are using triple converting for Ele Hit to get ridiculous DPS. I did the same on my Trickster which is why I used the abyss chest with Ele Pen to be a ghetto inquisitor with Tricksters asc.

Also saw ways now people are keeping perm soul eater with new flask, boots, and neck + belt that gives you soul eater while a flask is running. He was using those 20+ second mana flasks coupled with temple boots that drain 7% mana a second. Its interesting hes doing what people were saying was impossible but you have to use 4 slots /puke.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I took a 20/20 Arc gem and used this lapidary lens thing on it and now it is 21 and a vaal arc. Do I keep it slotted for this Poet Pen's / Inpulsa build you linked?

sell that shit and buy a 21/20 regular arc, vaal arc doesn't work with poets pen unless you have in non-weapon slot and self cast for 'lucky' arc

edit: this may be wrong if you can self cast from pen, just saw that a couple posts up

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Tade acting funky again. Sold a 3c item 4 hours ago. Then all of the sudden I get 10 whispers to buy it all at once. Then no whispers, then half an hour later another 10 whispers all at once again. It's like the API is releasing it again all over every so often.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

It is funky for totems too. If you use it in a totem it casts vaal arc once and then the totem just sits there, which is really bad. You have to socket the vaal version somewhere else and you can at least get the 4 second Lucky buff, which does affect currently placed totems. Increased duration does work with the buff.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
sell that shit and buy a 21/20 regular arc, vaal arc doesn't work with poets pen unless you have in non-weapon slot and self cast for 'lucky' arc

edit: this may be wrong if you can self cast from pen, just saw that a couple posts up
It is funky for totems too. If you use it in a totem it casts vaal arc once and then the totem just sits there, which is really bad. You have to socket the vaal version somewhere else and you can at least get the 4 second Lucky buff, which does affect currently placed totems. Increased duration does work with the buff.

Yeah tested it slotted last night. In the pen means it casts Arc but then I can hard cast Vaal Arc myself.

I am not sure I want to do that though just cast it when it's up by hand, I am playing Poet's Pen to not cast anything I don't have to :D

Vorph

Tade acting funky again. Sold a 3c item 4 hours ago. Then all of the sudden I get 10 whispers to buy it all at once. Then no whispers, then half an hour later another 10 whispers all at once again. It's like the API is releasing it again all over every so often.
Nah, it's poe.trade, not the API. Poeapp.com and the official site both work fine.

Well, fine-ish. Poeapp.com is a bit slower to get newly listed items, but the official one's live search is pretty busted. I get gongs when no items have actually been newly listed, and when I turn it off I get gongs for no reason at all until I close the tab and start over. Also, it's weird that it sends the whisper in the language of the seller instead of just using English.

Edit: Almost forgot the best feature of the official site: you can filter by number of prefixes or number of suffixes, not simply total affixes. And you never get ?? for the tier because it always knows exactly what the affixes are on items that have stuff like stun and block recovery or IIR.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My stupid Alva is bugged it's annoying as fuck. She bugged out a few hours ago when I tried to do a temple, she wouldn't show anything, so I figured I'd kick her and recruit her again, only that once you kick her, you can't recruit her again either. I googled it and apparently that's a normal bug, and to fix it you can log on another char and recruit her with them, which I did. Only to find out that she still won't let me open the temple from my hideout again. Shit's fucking annoying, it's not a huge deal since I can still run the temple, but I almost always forget to run it right away so I lose one run, and I hate having to use double portals if I have to go stash some stuff cause there was too much crap to loot(map room+gem room or whatever fills your bags stupidly fast).

Apparently has been reported/known bug since basically the launch of the league, guess it has to do with how she hijacks the portals from the map thing or whatever.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Dude wrote a script that parses search filters in poe trade for maps you need and people selling multiple of those maps and then sets it all up in a whisper. Testing it out now will let everyone know how it goes.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update on the script. It's a little fiddly. I tried it first to fill out the rest of my atlas, and it didn't give me any results. I then used it for just the rest of the T10s that I needed and got one hit for 3 out of the 4 maps I searched for. Used whisper macro but the guy only had 2 out of the 3 I needed. So it's something but it's not the perfect solution.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
For people who do the chaos recipe, what do you do when you run out of items under 75? I kinda ran out and now not sure if it's worth doing low tier maps to get some items back. I was thinking about tanking a temple level but then that's probably a bunch of high tier maps lost since temple has been pretty good for maps so don't think that's worth it either. I guess in theory I could just make regals and try to trade them but that sounds like it'd take a while.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Uh, TIL Atiziri is 70, I assumed she was 75 or whatever even in the normal version. Guess that sounds good then, I have a bunch of the entry thingies I don't need anyway.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just got back in to this for the first time since 3.0 patch. I have a level 3 Sacrificial Chamber in my next temple. What is the best item type to gamble with? Does someone have a high level crappy unique if that type I can use? Also, does it matter that I am level 22 so my incursion is low level?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just got back in to this for the first time since 3.0 patch. I have a level 3 Sacrificial Chamber in my next temple. What is the best item type to gamble with? Does someone have a high level crappy unique if that type I can use? Also, does it matter that I am level 22 so my incursion is low level?
I believe a belt for a headhunter would be best, iirc someone got one the very first day of this league on his first temple I posted a screenshot from reddit of it, he couldn't even equip it(too low lvl). Any unique belt would do probably, ilvl doesn't seem to matter, the one he got was ilvl 20.

Vorph

ilvl doesn't seem to matter, the one he got was ilvl 20.
Unless you want 'winning the lottery' odds, ilvl absolutely does matter. You should only put ilvl 38-40 belts in the machine; the odds still aren't great, but they're a lot better than opening yourself to the entire pool of unique belts.

It works just like the ancient orb exploit people used to get guaranteed Lycosidaes from Titucius' Spans a while back, except in HH's case there's quite a few other (sub-L40) things you can still get instead... just not all the things.

For people who do the chaos recipe, what do you do when you run out of items under 75? I kinda ran out and now not sure if it's worth doing low tier maps to get some items back. I was thinking about tanking a temple level but then that's probably a bunch of high tier maps lost since temple has been pretty good for maps so don't think that's worth it either. I guess in theory I could just make regals and try to trade them but that sounds like it'd take a while.
Use ~9 ilvl 75+ items and ~1 ilvl 60-74 item in each recipe. You still get chaos and your low level item supply lasts much longer.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Unless you want 'winning the lottery' odds, ilvl absolutely does matter. You should only put ilvl 38-40 belts in the machine; the odds still aren't great, but they're a lot better than opening yourself to the entire pool of unique belts.

It works just like the ancient orb exploit people used to get guaranteed Lycosidaes from Titucius' Spans a while back, except in HH's case there's quite a few other (sub-L40) things you can still get instead... just not all the things.

Ok, so if HH is low prob, is there something that is moderately valuable with a higher probability?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I've been using chests as I figure there are several chests worth something, not sure if that's the best strat though.