Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Did I miss a change?
im level 81, starting t5 maps. I have not found a single uber lab trial yet.
Seems to be as common as usual for me, but I used #820 to get the last 2 I needed faster. I get a trial every, 6-7maps or so?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
How necessary is it to have 90% hit as a DS bleed build? I'm sitting at 85 currently and I just don't see anyway of going to 90 without spending a fortune. I'm extremely dex starved on this character.

Being at minimum low 90's for non crit and 95% hit for crit builds is essential because crit builds roll twice when they hit. There is a lot of easy ways to get accuracy on your gear and on the tree, if you want to link your profile i can suggest some. Normally though rings, amulet, gloves, and helms can have accuracy rolls you can add in some way.

@a_skeleton_03 any poets pen is going to be decent, I would look for an indigon one that doesnt use Zerphi's (those are 8ex, sold one last night). If you get 4k+ mana with MoM and 3 grand spectrum mana jewels + atziri's foible its going to be enough damage with 0 damage nodes on the tree to kill the entire game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I need a new build badly. As much as I like Whispering Ice, I just can't take the fucking fps hit anymore. Stacking more than a couple Icestorms in one spot results in fps in the single digits even with dynamic resolution making the game look like you're playing in watercolor world. It's not my computer either; I've got an R9-290X and when I group it brings a high end (forgot which card exactly, not a 1080Ti but close) Nvidia system to its knees too.

As far as seed money for starting over goes, I've got 1ex and 137c. Also have a perfect +116 Astramentis (1ex), and this:
cyccoil.png

which I have no idea on its value.

The belt and Astra would be perfect for an all-uniques HoWA build, but without selling the belt I'm not sure I can really afford to bankroll a complete build, especially not a 6L ES Atziri chest. And I really don't like the idea of playing MS as the 3 ball enchant is ridiculous in general and I don't even want to think about what it would cost to get it on a Vertex. The other version of HoWA uses 4 AW totems, but I prefer clear speed builds over uber-boss killing. Mostly I'm sick of getting RNG fucked as I kill a couple packs of incursion mobs and they give little to no time increase; I want a damn build that can finish that shit with 15+ seconds left on the clock every time.

So I guess if I don't try to make that HoWA build, anyone have an idea how much that belt should go for? And any suggestions on a clear speed build that isn't super squishy in incursions (my current build feels practically invincible as long as the fps isn't approaching zero, so switching to something that can't take a hit probably won't end well)? A proper 6L is probably out of reach but Korrupt Korrupt 's BV build with Shroud of the Lightless looked interesting to me -- how has that been for speed? Shroud isn't cheap, but ~190c + whatever it takes to 5L is a lot better than the 6L's used in other builds.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Being at minimum low 90's for non crit and 95% hit for crit builds is essential because crit builds roll twice when they hit. There is a lot of easy ways to get accuracy on your gear and on the tree, if you want to link your profile i can suggest some. Normally though rings, amulet, gloves, and helms can have accuracy rolls you can add in some way.

@a_skeleton_03 any poets pen is going to be decent, I would look for an indigon one that doesnt use Zerphi's (those are 8ex, sold one last night). If you get 4k+ mana with MoM and 3 grand spectrum mana jewels + atziri's foible its going to be enough damage with 0 damage nodes on the tree to kill the entire game.

I'm trying to make this my boss killer build and I'm kind of having buyers remorse on going Gladiator over Champion now.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now that I realiz it, shouldn't I just take Resolute techniques? I have no crit I don't expect to be building crit

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm about to get IRL busy so I said fuck it and altered my 6l inpulsa...... RIP 7ex

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need a new build badly. As much as I like Whispering Ice, I just can't take the fucking fps hit anymore. Stacking more than a couple Icestorms in one spot results in fps in the single digits even with dynamic resolution making the game look like you're playing in watercolor world. It's not my computer either; I've got an R9-290X and when I group it brings a high end (forgot which card exactly, not a 1080Ti but close) Nvidia system to its knees too.

As far as seed money for starting over goes, I've got 1ex and 137c. Also have a perfect +116 Astramentis (1ex), and this:
View attachment 168089
which I have no idea on its value.

The belt and Astra would be perfect for an all-uniques HoWA build, but without selling the belt I'm not sure I can really afford to bankroll a complete build, especially not a 6L ES Atziri chest. And I really don't like the idea of playing MS as the 3 ball enchant is ridiculous in general and I don't even want to think about what it would cost to get it on a Vertex. The other version of HoWA uses 4 AW totems, but I prefer clear speed builds over uber-boss killing. Mostly I'm sick of getting RNG fucked as I kill a couple packs of incursion mobs and they give little to no time increase; I want a damn build that can finish that shit with 15+ seconds left on the clock every time.

So I guess if I don't try to make that HoWA build, anyone have an idea how much that belt should go for? And any suggestions on a clear speed build that isn't super squishy in incursions (my current build feels practically invincible as long as the fps isn't approaching zero, so switching to something that can't take a hit probably won't end well)? A proper 6L is probably out of reach but Korrupt Korrupt 's BV build with Shroud of the Lightless looked interesting to me -- how has that been for speed? Shroud isn't cheap, but ~190c + whatever it takes to 5L is a lot better than the 6L's used in other builds.

BV was super strong and the sky is the limit with stat sticks for DPS. I used shroud for that reason, didnt want to want to die IRL linking a 6L on week one. Plus as a Trickster I was converting damage to 2/3 elements and using flat damage for fire. I mostly lighting to achieve around 87% pure conversion from physical (wrath gem + PTL) , and then lightning to cold with call of the brotherhood and using mostly flat damage jewels to get fire damage (trickster has insane increased recovery if you burn anything). With enlighten 3 in Atziris Vertex helm it allowed me to run Hatred + HoI + HoA real early on. My shaper DPS with Conc and a 2 stat shaper stick (73% conv) I was around 8m shaper DPS.

Now that I realiz it, shouldn't I just take Resolute techniques? I have no crit I don't expect to be building crit

Basically you should go RT if not crit or a jugg, but thats all preference. I love to crit and the dps that goes with crit, the melee sword wheels are really strong but Sunder for example doesnt use those unless you have a Varunastra.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically you should go RT if not crit or a jugg, but thats all preference. I love to crit and the dps that goes with crit, the melee sword wheels are really strong but Sunder for example doesnt use those unless you have a Varunastra.

Basically no point in going crit with axes though right? I have like no crit nodes either so flat phys might be better for me

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Running the double strike bleed explosion build. Oddly enough if there are a lot of mobs on screen it's a big draw on my computer. Double odd because there doesn't seem to be a lot going on graphically. Works fine on my gaming computer but it really draws down my work computer which I play a lot on. Just seems odd that build would do it compared to others.

But really like the build so far entering act 10. If you have souls collected when you get to a boss it's dead in damn near micro seconds. I didn't realise on certain bosses if you kill them fast enough the game still pretends you haven't and does the animation and voice while you stand there for a while for the game to catch up lol.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Running the double strike bleed explosion build. Oddly enough if there are a lot of mobs on screen it's a big draw on my computer. Double odd because there doesn't seem to be a lot going on graphically. Works fine on my gaming computer but it really draws down my work computer which I play a lot on. Just seems odd that build would do it compared to others.

But really like the build so far entering act 10. If you have souls collected when you get to a boss it's dead in damn near micro seconds. I didn't realise on certain bosses if you kill them fast enough the game still pretends you haven't and does the animation and voice while you stand there for a while for the game to catch up lol.

big pack explosions really fucks the game up for some reason, i'm really hoping the buyout puts some money into unfucking it

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Basically no point in going crit with axes though right? I have like no crit nodes either so flat phys might be better for me
Well crit is always an additional way to scale damage, and depending on the skill it can also be an additional layer of protection(frost damage chill/freeze + frozen bodies shattering so you don't get any corpse related shit). But if you're not planning on taking any nodes for it then yeah you can definitely take RT, that's the whole point of the keystone really, for those low dex marauders/templars/duellists who want to hit things and scale through str/raw damage instead. And if you do decide you want to crit later due to having money to fix your accuracy, you can always unspec it, I don't know how much of an investment it is on your tree but shouldn't be much to respec out of it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
SO does whirling blade suck for a movement skill or is it just POE in general that seems to desync my position fairly frequently? Had a few deaths now due attacks not registering because the game thought I was somewhere other than where I was on my screen.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Someone link me a beginners poet's pen guide. I am looking at a templar one but not sure that's the way to go.

I also have no clue what you level with until you get to the point that the pens make sense.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Someone link me a beginners poet's pen guide. I am looking at a templar one but not sure that's the way to go.

I also have no clue what you level with until you get to the point that the pens make sense.

I believe pen makes sense at lvl 12 and you lvl with it all the way. Think most beginner pen users go inquisitor. Tri ele (elementalist) pen should be great too?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
If my all white sockets Belly of the Beast 6L sells then I can afford this build.

What kind of EX do you need? I can most likely just give you either the items or a chunk of EX. The only thing most of us can buy at this point is odd helm corruptions, quad jewels, or a triple wrath elder jewel. Im also in the market for a no bleed corruption jewel with at least life and LD, I would pay seriously well for one.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What kind of EX do you need? I can most likely just give you either the items or a chunk of EX. The only thing most of us can buy at this point is odd helm corruptions, quad jewels, or a triple wrath elder jewel. Im also in the market for a no bleed corruption jewel with at least life and LD, I would pay seriously well for one.
Probably just around 12 ex if you are able to loan that out.