Path of Exile

Juvarisx

Florida

I did this build last league and just got the pieces to do it this league, the difference is night and day, its way stronger now but it could do Shaper in 3.2. Sadly it cost like 2ex total last league now its 10 or so lol.

If you are going to do it an extremely well rolled Inpulsa is mandatory to do the higher content, the build is way worse if its a low rolled one. You dont need to be 6L its viable with 5 just get great rolls.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I did this build last league and just got the pieces to do it this league, the difference is night and day, its way stronger now but it could do Shaper in 3.2. Sadly it cost like 2ex total last league now its 10 or so lol.

If you are going to do it an extremely well rolled Inpulsa is mandatory to do the higher content, the build is way worse if its a low rolled one. You dont need to be 6L its viable with 5 just get near perfect rolls.
Yeah, I am going to look for a 5L myself.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

If you are going to do it an extremely well rolled Inpulsa is mandatory to do the higher content, the build is way worse if its a low rolled one. You dont need to be 6L its viable with 5 just get great rolls.
Yes, unfortunately the popularity of Arc has made this quite expensive this league. I would say you could get a taste for it with just 2 poet's pens, just to see if you like the feel of arc and lightning warp.

Choir of The Storm is overrated as well. A good rare amulet is like 5% less dps with a fair bit more HP.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else find no trouble at all sustaining red maps with incursions/temple? Seems like it's been really good so far. Dunno how it is for some of you crazy fast map runners though.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So I've hit the point I always do in a PoE league. Build good enough to farm early maps quickly (up to t7 or so) but not good enough to farm Uber Lab (this build I can't even do it alone) and all my potential upgrades are at least 1ex and likely quite a bit more. Maybe it is my inexperience and I can't see the real upgrade path to dominance that doesn't just involve endless farming of lower maps to try and get lucky. I am trying for this build:

Forum - Duelist - [3.3] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Lacerate, The ULTIMATE 2H RT Melee Slayer Guide - Path of Exile

and I am here:

View Profile - Path of Exile - LiqudDeth (character name LiquidLacerator)

What am I missing?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else find no trouble at all sustaining red maps with incursions/temple? Seems like it's been really good so far. Dunno how it is for some of you crazy fast map runners though.

Maps are definitely a bit harder to sustain with the loss of Bloodlines, but temple definitely makes up for a good chunk of it, especially in t15/t16s.

So I've hit the point I always do in a PoE league. Build good enough to farm early maps quickly (up to t7 or so) but not good enough to farm Uber Lab (this build I can't even do it alone) and all my potential upgrades are at least 1ex and likely quite a bit more. Maybe it is my inexperience and I can't see the real upgrade path to dominance that doesn't just involve endless farming of lower maps to try and get lucky. I am trying for this build:

Forum - Duelist - [3.3] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Lacerate, The ULTIMATE 2H RT Melee Slayer Guide - Path of Exile

and I am here:

View Profile - Path of Exile - LiqudDeth (character name LiquidLacerator)

What am I missing?
Replace your voidheart with a steel ring that has a phys roll on it.
Get some flat phys on your amulet
Get a better abyss jewel in your belt, preferably with more flat phys
6th link is a huge difference maker, gotta try to get one of those. Perhaps buy a normal 6L armour chest and chaos spam til you get something good; you look like you've ton a ton of life from the passive tree since you are blood magic, flat health won't be too much of a downgrade and your DPS will go up a ton.
Speaking of links, replace faster attacks with maim / ruthless(pick the other one once you get your 6th link).
Once you replace your rings with steel ones with some decent resists on it, replace your boots with Kaom's roots. You'll be leap slamming everywhere anyways. Once you do that, you can put anti-curse on your basalt, and put anti-bleed on your life flask.
Get all the jewel slots you missed, and fill em up with life + attack speed / phys damage jewels. 2h jewels aren't that expensive this league.

Obviously when you can, get a Starforge.

That'll be a good start!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So I've hit the point I always do in a PoE league. Build good enough to farm early maps quickly (up to t7 or so) but not good enough to farm Uber Lab

Can you complete Uber Lab at all? or does "farm" mean doing the entire run in something like under 15 minutes?

LiquidDeath

Can you complete Uber Lab at all? or does "farm" mean doing the entire run in something like under 15 minutes?

Can't at all. The trap sections kill me because Vaal Pact + no enemies to leech. The writhing jar helps a bit, but not when I can't refill. I know i need to git gud at running traps, but for some reason my leap slam misses its target for inexplicable reasons.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Been having fun with my Arc build but i've had just shit drops this season; i just can't afford it so progression is out for now. Was thinking about a double strike jugg but i see the prices on that build just spiked recently too.

Any other suggestions? Looking for something tanky for fast map clears.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Leap Slam just has a distance iirc, doesn't need a target. Can you just switch in a few more life potions to get through Uber Lab?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yes, unfortunately the popularity of Arc has made this quite expensive this league. I would say you could get a taste for it with just 2 poet's pens, just to see if you like the feel of arc and lightning warp.

Choir of The Storm is overrated as well. A good rare amulet is like 5% less dps with a fair bit more HP.
I took a 20/20 Arc gem and used this lapidary lens thing on it and now it is 21 and a vaal arc. Do I keep it slotted for this Poet Pen's / Inpulsa build you linked?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Want to see the shittiest temple? Was working on my build and would just run into an incursion to hit a bunch of mobs. This is what it wound up like when I decided might as well run it I was close to leveling and needed to reset it anyway. Had a sacrifical chamber and I forgot a unique I could throw away. 30 seconds before I got there a unique staff dropped that was worth 1 alch on my trade macro. Popped it into sacrificial chamber knowing it would be shit but would at least make more room since inventory was full with the big ass staff.

Bam. Some days.

Incursion.png
Bisco.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can't at all. The trap sections kill me because Vaal Pact + no enemies to leech. The writhing jar helps a bit, but not when I can't refill. I know i need to git gud at running traps, but for some reason my leap slam misses its target for inexplicable reasons.
I mean while some builds can just run through traps, that's fairly specific in the way you build your char(damage reduction from like end charges and high armor iirc to mitigate traps). You should probably just use a few regrets before the run, and unspec vaal pact for trap sections, then respec for Izaro. Assuming you do need vaal pact for Izaro, not entirely sure but maybe. Only gonna cost you 3 regrets to run it once for the ascendancy points.

Health flasks are more than enough to do the uber lab trap sections on anyone as long as you're not standing in them for stupid amounts of time. I did uber lab on my necro and I had like no defenses, just a relatively average hp pool(I think about 5k back then?) and some potions and it was super easy. Just don't rush it either, it's better to take a bit of time to observe the traps and see what you have to do than rush through and then find out you're running into a trap moving in the same direction as you are. Also the minor god for flask charges is great, so you can just stand in a safe spot for a few seconds to get charges back if you're low.

Vaal pact makes it unnecessarily hard and honestly I don't think many builds with vaal pact can do lab regardless.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah I had to respect out of VP and back in to do the uber lab last league. Sitting there at ultra low health with no natural regen after running thru traps cause you are lazy is no fun.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Honestly, I think the build is not for me. I like tanky builds that don't have amazing dps, but can do all the content. This looked to fit the bill, but isn't nearly as tanky as my life RF jugg from last season. I really liked that build. I may just go back to it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got pretty lucky today, found a Lich in an abyssal depth. Funny that I never found one during abyss, granted I didn't play that much back then but still to like 80 or so. Dropped a 2socket tombfist with max life and near max attack speed so double lucky, just wish it had been the other lich that's needed for one of the challenges but oh well. It was actually the most challenging fight I've had to do so far, mostly because it seems once it summons the totem things, it shields itself with a damage reflect shield so it'd instantly kill all my zombies and skeletons(and almost killed me the first time cause I was in melee range, seems to pulse aoes when it gets hit).

Getting close to being able to afford a good body now, good thing I didn't buy a rare I guess, I'll just tabula until I can get my 6EX and buy a vis mortis or maybe a belly(but I feel belly isn't going to be that good when I have like 200%+ life already and getting more life% every level from now on).

Trying to work on these stupid challenges that require me not to kill bosses is a fucking pain in the ass too. Took 2 tries for Riftwalker, had to basically hug the edge and only go in for a few secs, let the zombies/spectres hit him a few times, then convocation them back away to get him to teleport without him dying like an idiot. Trying to do the vaal pyramid shit now but it's cancer, I can get the 3 bosses to spawn, then kill the reave fucker away from the others fine(although it's rippy as fuck because I can't move and have to facetank it to not aggro the rest), but everytime after that, the 1st guy runs into melee range and gets annihilated before I can kill the titty bitch. I should probably unsummon my spectres for this fight but then I have to resummon them in a higher map again, stupid shit. I still have to do the one with SRS 100crow shit too, haven't tried this one but sounds pretty dumb.

I hate shit where I have to "not kill" stuff to succeed, it's a pain in the ass to do on a summoner. Fucking Vorici is still rank 5 because I got 3 daillies in a row that were "kill the guards but not him" or "keep the boss at low hp for 8secs", but at rank 5 everything literally dies in one hit. And I can't seem to get him to spawn in maps either, I get fucking Catarina every other map instead.

Anyway, random question, what should I do with sextants? Should I use them on shaped maps? The low sextants I mean, there's no use in keeping them right? Do they work on shaped maps even?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly, I think the build is not for me. I like tanky builds that don't have amazing dps, but can do all the content. This looked to fit the bill, but isn't nearly as tanky as my life RF jugg from last season. I really liked that build. I may just go back to it.

I can carry you through uber lab anytime if its the only PITA for that build. @a_skeleton_03 I can throw you those exalts tonight.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Getting close to being able to afford a good body now, good thing I didn't buy a rare I guess, I'll just tabula until I can get my 6EX and buy a vis mortis or maybe a belly(but I feel belly isn't going to be that good when I have like 200%+ life already and getting more life% every level from now on).

I haven't played for a couple of days, but I'm running a Solar Guards build as recommended and i'm having decent success. You think running a Tabula is better than a 5L Mortis which I am currently using. They cost around 40C now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't played for a couple of days, but I'm running a Solar Guards build as recommended and i'm having decent success. You think running a Tabula is better than a 5L Mortis which I am currently using. They cost around 40C now.
I'm not building spectres though, I have spectres in 4L. 6L is skeletons, the spectres are there for fancy pewpew, mostly for clear speed, skeletons do the heavy lifting on everything tough.

If you're using spectres definitely get a Vis Mortis over a Tabula, 1spectre is basically 33% more damage(assuming you also have bones of ullr) but that doesn't take into account the initial burst from solar guards beam or the fact they can split and attack different stuff. And then Unholy Might gives them 33% added phys as chaos, which is a fair amount of free damage, so damage wise it's probably a bit better than a lvl 20 support gem(although I'm not 100% sure on what's the 6th link on SGs), but having 4 spectres is a lot better for QoL than having only 3.

For me, it isn't nearly as clear cut since spectres are secondary, which is why I'm also hesitating with Belly which gives a bunch of other stats.