Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sure, but that's quite the journey to get both. Is this something CI builds usually do?
The two I've played this league did. One was a scion and VP wasn't really much of a journey, and the current one is a templar who needed Point Blank for MS anyway.

Plus all those travel nodes aren't much of a downside when you convert the dex to int with a couple Fertile Minds for big returns with %int scaling gear. Builds that don't shoot for 1500-2000 int might find it more of a burden to travel long distances I suppose. I don't think I'd ever play a build like that though; my first one hit 8k ES fairly easily and could stretch to 9k, and the current one hits 9k easily and can stretch to about 11k, 12.5k with an Atziri's Reflection (lol). Not sure how you get enough ES with a normal build, it seems like it would be extremely expensive just to get mediocre (~8k) ES numbers.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I bought it for 5 in the first place. I am probably offline the next week and a half so it will depreciate in value a bit.

I have most of my atlas done and faceroll everything that isn’t a boss with any mod at all except elemental reflect. Bosses as long as I plan ahead are easy also. Elder is the only thing I need more practice on because a few parts I suck at. His guardians I have done yellow and reds with ease.

Nice well all be 100 by this weekend and done with running Chayula for the league so i can do other shit. Im gonna level some kind of burning arrow or ele hit toon next, well tear it up for sure then when your back.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Is VP even worth it? A lot of builds seem to recommend it, but I specced out of it when I ran Uber Lab and I honestly haven't missed it.

No idea, I haven't used it since they changed it from instant leech. I

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I (mistakenly) assumed that Atziri in temple was Uber. Was so happy when I killed her, until I realized she dropped regular Atziri loot. I always just assumed because she was way harder then normal Atziri, but I'm guessing its cause temple levels are usually way higher, and I'm guessing she can get the mods from the temple on her as well. So how much harder is Uber?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So glad the achievement is for upgrading that room, not actually killing her. Her flameblasts sure seem like Uber Atziri.

Vorph

Even just upgrading the room seems like a pain in the ass. I've never seen it come up as a default room, and I've also never had a single room get picked 4/11 incursions. No luck getting it adjacent to a Temple Nexus either.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What’s a good es to shoot for endgame? Currently at 7.2k; I could have 8.5k but at a huge dps loss

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even just upgrading the room seems like a pain in the ass. I've never seen it come up as a default room, and I've also never had a single room get picked 4/11 incursions. No luck getting it adjacent to a Temple Nexus either.

Let me tell you how many times I've gotten Tier 2 Tempest room with 9 incursions left and not gotten to upgrade to T3. Gotten 1 T3 Tempest this whole league, but oh man is that shit fun.

Vorph

I have a square up in the top left, with Underground Sea, Ramparts, and Armoury shaped. It works pretty well and I can run any of the 3 without breaking anything. Occasionally he starts making a run for the south, but I just run Sulphur Vents once and cut that off.
eldersquare.png

The two red X maps aren't part of it, but I don't bother pruning it until he gets to 17-18 maps.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What's the point of doing that though?
You can run the same maps constantly under influence. If you run somewhere else in a normal situation, shit will move around and stuff and eventually you have to fix it by running a bunch of different maps to get it back into position. It's mostly good if you're farming the same maps over and over using shaped strategies where you scour all the maps in the same tier as your shaped maps so you only get your shaped maps and stuff. This way, you both run the same 1-3maps over and over, and they're always influenced for additional good gear chance.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some people like to farm for farming's sake. I don't pretend to understand this motivation, but hey, whatever floats your boat. You can do almost everything in this game without some intense farming grind.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the point of doing that though?

It's called the "ping pong" effect. Last league it was much easier (well more easily understandable) because all you had to do was get guardians/elder adjacent to the map you wanted to run and Elder would never despawn. They removed that for some reason and now you have to do this wonky ass elder "square" although its not a square at all lol.

EDIT: Just cause I realized I didn't really explain shit. You want to move your elder around in such a fashion like Vorph Vorph has so the only places shaper can spawn are around the maps you want to run. Then you run shaper map and it becomes an elder. You run the elder map and it becomes a shaper. Hence the "ping pong" term.

Vorph

Some people like to farm for farming's sake. I don't pretend to understand this motivation, but hey, whatever floats your boat. You can do almost everything in this game without some intense farming grind.
I want to buy 2 items worth ~25 exa each. If you've got another way, I'm all ears. :D

Chris

Potato del Grande

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think there are tons of great builds that work while levelling into white/yellow tier maps. When you hit red maps, shit gets real. Guardians/Shaper/Red Elder is the next test after that. Uber Elder... whole new story. Hopefully you're able to keep that up throughout your atlas progression!

Vorph

Paid two chaos for a 5L version of the weapon.
Just so you know, the links are irrelevant in that weapon. Eventually you need a 6S one, that's all that matters. I wouldn't pay for a 6S though, buy a high roll (225%+ phys/10%+ IAS) and socket it yourself.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user