Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just wasted about 3 ex scouring my map for burial chambers and just realized that people run the T3 version of it as there is no point really to run the shaped version of it. You live and learn I guess?

My damage is definitely good enough to do it, although I have trouble some times in incursions if I lose rampage stacks. I like that I'll be getting way more xp in here then in a t3 but what really irks me is I don't think I can go endless on here, where as on a T3 they the maps would drop endlessly.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have the same problem, since I shaped my burial chambers early on too. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to sustain though, if you've cleared out all the other tier 8 and 9 crap. I'm tempted to unshape mine and cleanse all the 3s and 4s since i have a pile of white sextants. I really need to hit 90+ on the character asap though in order to cap resists and have a remotely decent life pool, plus Lioneye, Inspired, and 5 abyss jewels.

Nobody knows the answer to my previous question? Fast and Deadly seems like a no brainer, but i feel like I'm missing something. Haven't played a ranger since Breach, and never one that used LA or TS.

Vorph

I stopped vaaling after the 6739285th bricked map due to ele reflect being so retardedly common now. Wish they'd just get rid of that shit, it serves no purpose. I'll start sextanting my shit once I start making a profit too. At the moment this character is still in the 70s so I'm just running lookout and other linear maps as fast as I possibly can with uberstrict+ loot filter.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I'm about to hit 91 which gives me my last reasonable jewel slot. I don't know what it is but I'm alching my maps and not getting any burial chambers. I have no problem sustaining graveyard. I guess RNG gonna RNG.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Exalts down to 110c-105c now. Damn near approaching 1/2 what they were 2 days ago. 1/2 would need to see it get down to 91-92c compared to the 183 it was just 2 days ago. When it went down it went down in a hurry.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most stuff on the market is diving 20-30%. There are a few items that are healthy but only because they are falling into the rotation of becoming popular or by scarcity of being sold often enough. Don't know how this is surprising. There was both the ban wave, plus people who knew the ban wave was coming so there was a pump n dump going on which doesn't help the fall go any smoother. I fucking love how closely POE economy mirrors real world economies. I don't know of an economy this complex in gaming. My thoughts go to SWG but it was still nowhere near this.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a community race event going on at btw. Pits 4 streamers against each other, top 2 advance, race to vaal for first round, main skills can only be used for one race(so if you sunder to vaal, you can't use sunder in the next round). ZiggyD and Havoc(I think?) casting. Cool stuff if you haven't seen races since they've stopped making them.

Edit: The 2nd race with Lionel_GGG had a pretty hilarious ending.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was thinking of trying out Reaves and saw this build: Forum - Duelist - [3.3] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave | Beginner Friendly | Insane Scaling | Uber Elder & Uber MF & HC - Path of Exile

Seems like I can use most of my existing gear and I think I'd get a Loreweave for this build. Anyone have experience with this build or one like it? I've also seen Scion based Reave build as well, but not sure what would be better.
If you have good gear I could see it working, but most reave builds rely on blade flurry to kill bosses because reave itself is pretty garbage at single target. Like the guy has a bunch of pob, his guide is a fucking mess, but all of them seem to be using the same weapon, which is a 400phys DPS foil with 2+attacks per second and an additional 55-122 chaos flat on top. The only weapon that's currently close on incursion is worth a mirror, and it doesn't have the flat chaos roll. So yeah you can get 2.6m shaper DPS with this weapon, and a bunch of exalts worth of jewelry and abyss jewels, but you better have some serious cash.

It does have a lot of tankiness from Glad though so that's nice, seems tanky enough with max block/spell block on top of end charges and shit, but yeah damage wise I think you'll be very disapointed if you don't have very good gear, unless you just want to map clear.

As for the MF version, that sounds just straight up retarded. If you want to MF, play an offensive ascendancy, with full MF gear, doing easy as shit content. Windripper TS is meta MF for a reason, it's just a lot better. But yeah if you have a 1+mirror weapon, you can in fact equip MF gear on nearly about anything and still clear maps fine.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I wasn't planning on doing any of his MF builds as like you said windripper MF is the meta. I might give it a shot and I have a spare vaal DS I can use for ST, but if anything I'd have a glad for another build or something.

Caliane

I stopped vaaling after the 6739285th bricked map due to ele reflect being so retardedly common now. Wish they'd just get rid of that shit, it serves no purpose. I'll start sextanting my shit once I start making a profit too. At the moment this character is still in the 70s so I'm just running lookout and other linear maps as fast as I possibly can with uberstrict+ loot filter.
This league flamesurge elem has a real problem with ele reflect. most of my builds are better about that. But yeah, unplayable now. Ive bricked a few maps, after instantly killing myself on un-id reflects this league.

That definitely lead me to start thinking about the need for map mods to be redone. there is a real gap. mods either are pointless, and totally ignored, or totally break your build, and make a map unplayable. theres no middle ground it seems. Something needs to be readdressed here.
The whole corruption/Un-id system also really does fly into the face of the build breaking mods. Can't reroll bricked corrupted maps, and can't trade bricked maps that are un-ided, cause you dont know they are until after the fact.

I don't really have the solution. Best answer I can think of is just give up on the map maps increasing difficulty. Just redo them as flavor, rewards or something. Opportunity cost.
I guess temple works. all its mods just add boosts, etc. nothing build breaking.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My blade vortex triple herald elementalist worked out pretty well. I don't know about leveling, converted from my arc build which I didn't care for. Pretty low end gear, 5 link body armor and the rest other than the stat stick 5-15c each mostly. 50c on the stat stick. Last night after doing uber lab finally cleared all my red tier maps I had up to and including tier 14 with no problems and pretty much whatever they rolled except reflect of either variety including 8+ mod and twinned etc..

Not bad. I think I have more in buying regret orbs converting from my arc build than all my gear lol.

Trying to decide if I want to really invest in upping the character or save for another character at some other time. Down to 2ex and 180c. Cashed out two ex. Kind of sad to think in 2 days the difference in selling those 2ex was 160c in itself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This league flamesurge elem has a real problem with ele reflect. most of my builds are better about that. But yeah, unplayable now. Ive bricked a few maps, after instantly killing myself on un-id reflects this league.

That definitely lead me to start thinking about the need for map mods to be redone. there is a real gap. mods either are pointless, and totally ignored, or totally break your build, and make a map unplayable. theres no middle ground it seems. Something needs to be readdressed here.
The whole corruption/Un-id system also really does fly into the face of the build breaking mods. Can't reroll bricked corrupted maps, and can't trade bricked maps that are un-ided, cause you dont know they are until after the fact.

I don't really have the solution. Best answer I can think of is just give up on the map maps increasing difficulty. Just redo them as flavor, rewards or something. Opportunity cost.
I guess temple works. all its mods just add boosts, etc. nothing build breaking.
As far as I understand, if you get unid, the mods are the same as before you vaaled, just hidden. It seemed to be the case and I've seen a video say that too, so it should have reflect if it didn't before you corrupted. Unid corruption is basically free shit.

You can also keep the reflect maps until you roll a sextant that removes reflect, then drop some reflect maps in there.

Vorph

Yeah, unid vaal is same mods as before, but what some people do is chisel + alch + vaal immediately. They're just hoping for the 8 affix result, or maybe +1 tier, so when they have a reflect map and it goes unid they just sell it to some other schmuck.

I agree with caliane though, the whole affix system could use a rework. There really are only 3 types of affixes: ones that brick that map (reflect, no leech), ones that are too annoying to bother with (temp chains), and the rest that have basically no noticeable effect unless you're playing the most extreme of all glass cannon builds. Unfortunately mf windripper qualifies as the latter. :(

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think it was in the Cutedog video where he says alch a bunch of shit at once, then use the search feature to find the mods you don't want and separate them, then vaal everything so you know what's vaaled. Yeah if you rush vaal without reading the mods that doesn't help but unid is such a common result that seems like you'd just waste maps and potentially xp from dying too just because you want to go fast but only go one map at a time?

And the affixes are pretty shit yeah. No regen can be added to the list of bricks depending on build, and for others it's in very annoying(I don't mind temp chains too much though, permanent flask of warding more or less fixes that). 90% ailment resist is also a brick if you're trying to do an ignite build and 65% to avoid poison is pretty fucking bad as a poison build also. I feel these shouldn't exist at all for damaging ailments, it's ok for stuff like chill/freeze/shock/blind, but for poison/bleed/ignite, nothing should be able to outright avoid them at these values(30-40% would be more in line with some of the damage reduction mods).

Vorph

Yeah that's what i meant, just saying that when all you want is massive quantity it is pointless to spend chaos or scour+alch on rerolling. You're never getting that except on ones that dump everything it had pre-vaal anyway. Just separate the ones you can't do so that if they go unid you know to foist them off on someone else. Ones you can do that go unid you save until you're desperate for sustain.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As far as I understand, if you get unid, the mods are the same as before you vaaled, just hidden. It seemed to be the case and I've seen a video say that too, so it should have reflect if it didn't before you corrupted. Unid corruption is basically free shit.

You can also keep the reflect maps until you roll a sextant that removes reflect, then drop some reflect maps in there.

I'm almost certain the mods can change from a rare to unid'd map. I don't think its often but I'm pretty sure I've corrupted a map that didn't have reflect that did. I always take off my wrath and test the waters on the first pack when I go in unid'd. I go in alot of unid'd maps in my new strat.

New mapping strategy. Start with about 100 maps of choosing. Alch all of them. Make note of any beyonders or reflect ele. Vaal all of them. Note any reflect ele and beyonders again and seperate unid and unid'd with reflect into two seperate categories. I then proceed to sextant. So every map I run is a alch/vaal/sextant. Just 1 sextant for now. Any sextants I get with beyonder I run my beyonder maps with Zana beyonder mods. Any unid'd maps I run I run on the unid'd sextant modifiers for insane qty/pack size. Any sextant reflect modifiers I get I run my reflect ele maps. Any reflect left over I sell them off. I've gotten pretty good luck recently with reflect ele, but I know its running out.

I can run reflect phys normally, but not when density is too high. Like in double beyonder I'll just one shot myself. Don't know how to get around this. Any suggestions?

EDIT: With MF Windripper

Vorph

Affixes don't change on vaal unid, according to wiki and several seasons of my own experiences. You get +30% quantity though, so it turns that shitty 50-80% map into something worth running.