Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Another fun one is trying to use vaal skeletons with Femur of Saints. The staff is more or less designed to be used by skeletons builds, but if you do it'll lag like shit, because it recalculates the bonus for every minions everytime you summon a new minion. So when you cast vaal skeleton, which spawns like 40skeletons, it just fucking chugs like shit. Pretty sure it's server side too so it's really fucking poorly designed.

They could just fix it by making it scale on your max amount instead, but nope. Not that it would be used regardless, fucking staves are so shit nowadays. They buffed scepters so much and added so many good unique 1H scepters/daggers that staves are basically entirely outclassed other than +3spell, and even that is pretty bad compared to just getting a corrupted chest.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You can put ele focus in it for the more damage and it will still provide chill from the frozen ground it creates. Was real nice. So was int stacking in the CI build.

Femur gag is good lol.

I do love vaal skeleton + vaal haste + hatred + vaal impurity of ice in my current build. I just pop em all on a boss and it dies.

Pledge of hands staff was pretty good on skelemage build.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can put ele focus in it for the more damage and it will still provide chill from the frozen ground it creates. Was real nice. So was int stacking in the CI build.

Femur gag is good lol.

I do love vaal skeleton + vaal haste + hatred + vaal impurity of ice in my current build. I just pop em all on a boss and it dies.

Pledge of hands staff was pretty good on skelemage build.

Chill is so good, a lot of players dont realize you can use hypothermia as a link as well if you're creating chilled ground ala Arctic Armor or anything even with Ele focus as a link.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How has everyone been sustaining their Corruption Chamber items? 6L random drops you find? Buying 6L. Or just buying cheaper stuff that can roll really well on a double corruption (gloves etc?) Or maybe even slammin jewelry?

I ask because I have literally blown up everything I've taken into their. 2 6L, 3 double socket abyss items and god knows how many Tabulas.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I'm screwing around with a bomber build, and I'm curious on the herald mechanics. They obviously don't fire off immediately just walking up to a mob, but on many people I've watched do this don't seem to do anything but just walk around and stuff gets attacked. Is there something you need to do first before you can have that happen?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I'm screwing around with a bomber build, and I'm curious on the herald mechanics. They obviously don't fire off immediately just walking up to a mob, but on many people I've watched do this don't seem to do anything but just walk around and stuff gets attacked. Is there something you need to do first before you can have that happen?
Herald of Lightning does attack stuff on its own once it's proced. It pulses lightning bolts every second or whatever for 6secs. If you can kill something with these and assuming it also freezes, then it procs herald of frost and pops everything. I think you need a call of the brotherhood to convert some lightning into cold to get freezes properly. That's how the build works at least from what I understand, but it basically mostly functions against trash and due to the massive powercreep over time so that even a side effect like the herald of thunder proc can kill mobs in one shot on its own.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Herald of Lightning does attack stuff on its own once it's proced. It pulses lightning bolts every second or whatever for 6secs. If you can kill something with these and assuming it also freezes, then it procs herald of frost and pops everything. I think you need a call of the brotherhood to convert some lightning into cold to get freezes properly. That's how the build works at least from what I understand, but it basically mostly functions against trash and due to the massive powercreep over time so that even a side effect like the herald of thunder proc can kill mobs in one shot on its own.

Ok cool this makes perfect sense. Yeah I'm just toying around with it, trying different things.

Thanks for help.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok cool this makes perfect sense. Yeah I'm just toying around with it, trying different things.

Thanks for help.

I know Lightbringer and Esh's Mirror were big parts of CuteDog's autobomber. He also leveled with Abberath's Hooves, since the walking fire explosion effect would kill trash and proc his Heralds.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Esh's mirror adds insane DPS to any build that uses shield and elemental damage. I used it on my wander, CoC Arc guy last league and pretty much any build i can equip it on.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know how to search quantity in maps efficiently? So I roll all my maps in batches, but I want to reroll the maps that are under 70%. I know I can search "quantity: x" but it only brings up single strings. Is there a way I can search for quantity < 70 and quantity 70-75 (to vaal)?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone know how to search quantity in maps efficiently? So I roll all my maps in batches, but I want to reroll the maps that are under 70%. I know I can search "quantity: x" but it only brings up single strings. Is there a way I can search for quantity < 70 and quantity 70-75 (to vaal)?

Whats the goal of rolling your maps would be my first question - Are you pushing 100 or are you looking for $$$? Vaaling maps is VERY expensive and something I wouldnt recommend at all unless you are 99 and going to 100 or you are insanely rich. (I made 4 mirrors this league and I dont vaal any maps unless im pushing).

If you want to grind money I would recommend T16's and just rolling them properly vs Vaal orbs. I can actually throw you some T16's if you want a good base to get started. Let me know and Ill AFK tonight in game in case you want a gang of maps. Im totally done with league and no one has asked me for any maps, all yours if you want. They are all only Elder Underground Sea but they drop the high end bases with influence and that shit sold like hotcakes.

If you are pushing XP I would absolutely vaal maps, use sac frags, and sextant properly for the 98 or 99-100.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm really just running for money. My mapping strategy has to been to reroll anything under 70% and vaal anything to 70-75% as the payoff usually outweighs any negatives. Either I get 30% quant unid'd I can save for sextant mods, or I get a 100% quant map, or it just corrupts and I still have a 70-75 quant map. Maybe not the most efficient use, and I definietly don't run zana mods on corrupted maps. I keep any beyond maps regardless of quant and run beyond on them and any maps that naturally roll 95% and up I hit with domination.

I know the returns are probably lower then just alch and go but tbh I find rolling the maps fun and it breaks up the flow which is nice.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Still works, afaik its the only way to proc it on an attack

Ok, can you tell/show me how it works? I was trying it out yesterday on Hierophant Indigon PP build. I had Phantasm and Arcane Surge linked to frenzy, made sure frenzy was both hitting and killing stuff, never got a buff. I even made sure it wasn't invisible, my stats weren't changing.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok, can you tell/show me how it works? I was trying it out yesterday on Hierophant Indigon PP build. I had Phantasm and Arcane Surge linked to frenzy, made sure frenzy was both hitting and killing stuff, never got a buff. I even made sure it wasn't invisible, my stats weren't changing.

You shouldnt be using it on Indigon man, its a waste imho. The supported skill needs to get the kill for it to work, so in your case Frenzy. Unless you're running culling strike and getting lucky you wont be proc'ing it much. You should be using chain + lgoh + volley + gmp + faster attacks etc or links along those lines to drive your mana cost up faster to get your spell damage through the roof.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You shouldnt be using it on Indigon man, its a waste imho. The supported skill needs to get the kill for it to work, so in your case Frenzy. Unless you're running culling strike and getting lucky you wont be proc'ing it much. You should be using chain + lgoh + volley + gmp + faster attacks etc or links along those lines to drive your mana cost up faster to get your spell damage through the roof.
If it has to get the killing blow, then yes, that is a waste. But I was doing that yesterday and no buff. Do I need to stick a support with the spell tag in there too?

I've been monkeying around with an Indigon simulator I wrote. It's crude, but it did let me realize that stuffing every possible mana multiplier on frenzy is not the best thing to do. It might be good for ramp up, but just stick a clarity - spell totem on a 6L weapon swap, you can get to almost hundreds of indigon stacks in a couple casts.

The problem with making frenzy that expensive is that it leads to falling back to your default attack too often, which is much slower than frenzy. You run the risk of not maximizing spells cast per second while getting no benefit since your mana recovery ultimately dictates your average indigon stack count.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Forum - Announcements - Incursion Flashback Event! - Path of Exile

As an example, the Dried Lake could have Incursion, Breach, Beyond and Harbinger active for one hour and will then randomise to another assortment like Incursion, Ambush, Perandus, Invasion and then again to Incursion, Ambush, Beyond, Torment and so on.

You will be able to get the following quantities of these mods in any area where they are present.

• 2 x additional Rogue Exiles
  • 2 x additional Invasion Bosses
  • 1 x additional Breach
  • 2 x additional Strongboxes
  • 3 x Tormented Spirits
  • 2 x additional Perandus Chests and a 33% chance to spawn Cadiro
  • Beyond
  • 3 x additional Rare Monster Packs with Nemesis Mods
  • 3 x additional Magic Monster Packs with Bloodlines
  • 1 additional Abyss
  • 2 x additional Harbingers

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I swear that looks tamer than the previous flashbacks. I'll probably still do 85 for the MTX but none of those combinations are making me excited.