Path of Exile

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I got two in one day a couple of weeks ago. No others before or after. Both came from the Pit map.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got around to playing the flashback event. First time trying traps out. This is pretty easy mode for levelling. May be my alternative starter to my usual Jugg melee guy.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Flashback seems unusually empty? Atleast the economy, seems pretty stark. Maybe most people just go to 35 then head back to incursion?
Surprised no word yet on the next league either

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Incursion pretty low as well. I played for a while and put some stuff up for sale really cheap just to get rid of it. Like 19% taste of hate I couldn't move at 55c when at the time the next lowest one of any roll was 100c.

I tried SSF and it's not for the colorblind. I can't pick out which shit is for sale I can get a chromo out of for buying and then selling it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Flashback seems unusually empty? Atleast the economy, seems pretty stark. Maybe most people just go to 35 then head back to incursion?
Surprised no word yet on the next league either
Yeah a lot less people than I expected for flashback considering it's august so kids should be out of school. I didn't mind much though, just bought a couple of generic not very good items for 2c before grinding to 85.

They said the new league info will be on this friday. I guess the press tour was longer or whatever, I expected it to be done already.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's been talk lately(from streamers) of player retention issues. I got to 36 in bestiary and 37 in incursion before the flashback events, after which I basically stopped playing.

I think these flashback events are fun ideas, but I think they are cannibalizing the player base. On the flip side, do I wish it took most of the league to get my aforementioned challenge goals...eh not really.

The game is based around trading, so retaining players is important, but I'm not sure what they really do about it. Or, maybe it's not really a problem and the "issue" has always been there just the increasing popularity has exacerbated it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been trying to decide how to start next league. I'm thinking arc trapper -> buy some mf gear -> poet's pen three dragons inpulsa's elementalist -> reuse most of the mf gear -> some boss killing character(probably indigon ES heirophant).

I kinda want to start at the elementalist but that requires 2-3 poet's pen. The inpulsa's isn't required, but it certainly helps when getting into higher tier maps. Anyone successfully league started with a poet's pet based character?

Also, I'm planning on getting a couple inspired learnings on the elementalist since she will be for farming only. My first time using rare mod stealing items. How common are attack speed mods? I'm wondering if I need to account for going over 4 APS and fucking up the poet's pen casting.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry for the multiple posts. Or maybe not. Whatever.

Just tried for an hour to shoehorn a trapper build into an mf shell. Probably would work except I needed 131 passive points.

Non-crit PP builds are the best for MFing because they don't have to spend any passives on crit, weapon type, trap/mines, etc.

Prove me wrong.

KB might be as good, but you have to stick to very few maps and I don't want to do that.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's hard to start a league with specific uniques, especially ones as sought after as poet's pen. I'm currently doing lightning trap and lightning spire with 0 investment. The damage is ridiculous even on a 4-link. If you want to MF, Windripper is still the best choice but I hope they make new MF options so that we are not all pigeon-holed to being a bow character.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, definitely league starting as trapper then saving up for some poet's pens.

I don't think Windripper is the absolute best for MF. Windripper has a lower damage ceiling and lower HP, so it can't MF higher tier maps. It also has to spend point in crit and bow, which a PP build doesn't. Last, I want to say it clears faster. PP can move and dps at the same time, and Three Dragons-Inpulsa-Elementalist can clear 2-3 screens at a time. Tornado Shot can't touch that unless you limit yourself to boring maps.

Last edited:

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well. you forget that the actual weapon itself has quantity on it. And deadeyes with QOTF move faster than anyone else. Boring maps is gonna be boring no matter what build you MF with, cause clearspeed and drops are the only things that matter, not really map "enjoyment."

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
MF isn't really for pushing maps, that's why a lot of people stay on T3 burial or on T8 shaped burial, instead of making it T16. Part of it is because damage is capped so you can't do T16 fast anyway and you won't shatter for windripper bonus, but part is also because it's entirely pointless when you're farming for doctor cards in the first place. You can MF for just currency instead, but I don't think it'll be worth that much compared to farming doctor or kaom's cards, and it's easier to sustain low tier maps exclusively and faster to clear them.

You can just slap some MF gear on any build and clear with that though. There's really nothing preventing you from doing it other than gear requirements for certain builds. Some of the MF items like Ventor and Bisco's Leash are even actually pretty good anyway.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well. you forget that the actual weapon itself has quantity on it. And deadeyes with QOTF move faster than anyone else. Boring maps is gonna be boring no matter what build you MF with, cause clearspeed and drops are the only things that matter, not really map "enjoyment."
I did not forget that. I offer higher map tier and possibly better clear speed as compensation. For example, KB builds can farm T16 underground sea. Not my goal, I don't like shaped atlas strategies as they often interfere with completing challenges, but just an example.

I know deadeyes can move fast, but there's gotta be something for having to stop to dps.

Pyros Pyros My intent is to make a build that can push maps. At least, do any maps at a good farming pace up to a certain tier. T15 is my goal. As I've said before, farming for farming's sake is really boring. If I can work on atlas completion or challenges while farming, that would be much better.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I mean yeah if you just want to slap on some MF on a normal build, then most builds work fine as long as they have rings/belt/amulet/boots free I think. It can be harder to hit res/life levels with all these slots taken(although ventor can cover resists pretty well) but you can do 2 or 3 out of them only if needed. Spell builds probably work better since they have less reliance on armor/jewelry based stats I'd say. Like a very large part of your damage mods are on your weapon. In the case of poet pen, it's even less of a concern.

I could do it pretty easily on a summoner build for example, especially skeleton/spectre. Since as a minion build all your damage comes from gems, tree and weapon+shield(if necro aegis), you mostly have to focus on getting enough defensive stats to use the MF items.

No aura needed so you can run purity of elements(it's good even since it caps summons resists), commander of darkness gives 20, you get like 15 from the tree on various nodes, so you get already most of your resists just by default. Because you only need a few minion nodes on the tree and because they're all close to life nodes, you can focus on life nodes and jewels to compensate for the lower life plus you'll be picking a lot of str nodes in the templar/marauder area too. Boots is probably not worth using goldwyrm over ullr and you want a shaper helm for 2nd minion links, but everything else is kinda whatever, I guess Vis Mortis over a MF chest too. So could run 2 ventor with poor resists as long as they have good life and mf stats, a bisco's leash which is actually a good belt for summoners in general since rampage works with summons unlike say onslaught on kill, can probably fit a bisco's collar too. Gloves, weapon and helm is where you get all your resists and life on gear otherwise.

Was thinking of doing something like that next league, since the amount of defenses I had on my necro felt overkill most of the time. Since I don't play HC anymore, there's really no need to reduce the risks of one shot to that extent, especially since a lot of time shit doesn't even attack me in the first place with all the garbage around. If I decide to push for 100 I'll probably do it, to guarantee currency/maps to push. We'll see what the league mechanics are.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Now to figure out something with these for the event since apparently I'm more lucky in a level 30 temple then level 80 ones.
View attachment 172581
I got those 2 corruptions (enfeeble curse instead) on a grip of the council for my SRS char (who uses hatred). Socketed coldsnap in for support usage instead of the flesh offering setup I had before because my damage was already overkill as fuk for standard mapping.

Here's a fun fact that worked in my testing - if something has one of your dots on it, and dies to ANYTHING, you get on kill effects. Like frenzy charges from coldsnap... which are dope for spamming lil skullies and map clearing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got those 2 corruptions (enfeeble curse instead) on a grip of the council for my SRS char (who uses hatred). Socketed coldsnap in for support usage instead of the flesh offering setup I had before because my damage was already overkill as fuk for standard mapping.

Here's a fun fact that worked in my testing - if something has one of your dots on it, and dies to ANYTHING, you get on kill effects. Like frenzy charges from coldsnap... which are dope for spamming lil skullies and map clearing.

Might try a SRS build with the gloves since I have yet to ever try one, helps the BEES are a decent MTX.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Might try a SRS build with the gloves since I have yet to ever try one, helps the BEES are a decent MTX.

Grip is for minions, hrim is for self used abils only? But ya. Check out the scourge claw too for SRS builds that cast other shit too. That's what I'm doing for fun now and it is great.

TBH I cooked up some pretty insane shit this time that would make the clear speed meta pals roll over and croak. Wouldn't mind someone else giving it a whirl and putting their own 2 cents into it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Perhaps I'm not following you. Are you saying you made a SRS build that's faster than anyone's expectation? Or insultingly slow, even for a minion build?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TBH I cooked up some pretty insane shit this time that would make the clear speed meta pals roll over and croak. Wouldn't mind someone else giving it a whirl and putting their own 2 cents into it.

Link it?