Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I might play this league, i'm starting to lose interest/get mad at BDO again.

Ya better be back! I can't go two leagues without your expert exalting tactics!

Also realized that this patch buffed my wildstrike inquisitor a bunch with the new herald and the changes to the passive tree. May have to do a three-peat!

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Flat phys from the new herald(probably the biggest one since all the current heralds mostly suck with voidforge), all that crap around the templar starting area finally has decent nodes to take, namelocking looks to be somewhat addressed, probably others I can't think of right now.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I might start with generic ED MoM this time around, For some reason I think ED would work out pretty good in Delve if there's good density. Then the Jugg boss killer (Thanks Kimble <3) and then who the fuck knows.

I dunno though, a generic Arc witch got me to 90 way faster.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
25-37 flat phys x 400% is quite a huge bump. That's like 4 abyss jewels worth of flat phys. I'm not even counting whatever the fuck the summoned minions do(cuz I got no idea), so that's an extra perk I guess.

Oh and Vaal Ancestrall Warchief gives an additional 32% more melee damage on top of whatever it hits for. Yay!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are you going to drop ash for purity? Or are you going to try to fit ash, purity, and hatred?

The more melee won't apply to all of the skill.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Current end game plan is to use ash/purity/hatred w/ enlighten 4, curse on hit via ring somehow(either assassin's mark or poachers). More melee will apply to where wildstrike needs it the most, which is its single target. Too many people try to scale the secondary parts too much. With ancestral call that is all you really need for clear.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm thinking poison melee for single target with new poison bro for clear - Prolly go pathfinder and wasp nest since its fast as fuck for some nice synergy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Current end game plan is to use ash/purity/hatred w/ enlighten 4, curse on hit via ring somehow(either assassin's mark or poachers). More melee will apply to where wildstrike needs it the most, which is its single target. Too many people try to scale the secondary parts too much. With ancestral call that is all you really need for clear.

Rolling those rings is EZ and cheap, can even get a helm enchant for reduced res on those auras too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was thinking about melee summoner, if you take a Howa guardian build, which is already a pretty decent thing, drop some crit chance/damage nodes and add some minions to it, use dom blow as your main attack, you can get some pretty decent build going.

Shit's horrible as a starter build though, since as usual with howa builds you need a billion uniques and the few rares have to be rolled pretty well to compensate for resists(I'm using purity of elements in my test build with an enlighten 2 as a base, but with enlighten 4 you can fit in vaal haste instead but you need stupidly rolled rares and like lvl 97 to cap all resists which is a bit of an issue). But basically it has decent survivability with CI+incandescent for ele damage, has a good ES base from the various uniques, high int and guardian reserved mana > ES, does good damage with Howa that you can leech a bit from(although I haven't really found a good way to roll leech on the gear, maybe warlord's mark ring or blood rage) and then it still has dom blow+herald of purity minions, I also slapped zombies and AG in a basic 3 links for more meat and AG for some buffs. The minions should add a fair amount of damage to the build.

But yeah still not convinced by this stuff. Also not sure how good that "Crusade slam" will be. If it's not fucking tits, I think melee necro is still going to be better than melee summon guardian.

Caliane

I would think melee necro would be. you get those "minion damage and attack speed increases also effect you" nodes, and all that 130% iirc minion damage is yours! 12%minion attack speed is pretty beast as well.

Accuracy seems like it could be an issue. I have not counted up how much was added for the templar/witch area. Reddit was saying, boohoo no crit for attacks. But, you have EO imho.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rolling those rings is EZ and cheap, can even get a helm enchant for reduced res on those auras too.

I don't think it'll be too hard to get there... just not a good league starter. I've successfully made this build twice in two leagues, why not a 3rd!

Caliane

hah. jeez... I think freezing pulse and flicker are the only two builds I have played twice. (not including races)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think that by waiting as long as they did it helped build up a stronger desire. Tie that into Delve and it’s linear content where a ray that lights up the screen a bit more and you have a perfectly timed winner.

If it actually does that more than regular SR we're tipping our toes over that p2w line.

Caliane

its already been noted for all the skills. The new lighting system clearly favors mtx that is well lit. all the dark, ghost, etc, shit is going to suck.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think it'll be too hard to get there... just not a good league starter. I've successfully made this build twice in two leagues, why not a 3rd!

Im going to level as Rain of Arrows on a Champion and make sure to keep neg resists, race you lol