Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've never really had issues with tiny mana pools and sustain in the past, other than at low damage levels. A little bit of mana leech on the tree or from gear should be fine to sustain just from the hits.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Poison typically does very little hit damage though.

i'm less worried about mana and more worried about clear speed, could just drop supports on HoP, but clear speed is the big question mark given nobody knows how good HoAgony is gonna be.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clear speed will be fine til higher tier maps, but by then I'm sure you'll have better gear anyways.

95 mins boys!!!!!!!!!!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't get why you'd use poisons on the minions from HoP in that setup, that sounds like a waste of ressources.

If I was doing poison herald stuff, I think I'd go with BV. BV has extremely high hit per seconds, scales well for single target too. Do need to find 100% chance to poison for it, but I think it's doable on the tree, I haven't checked in a while, with a poison support obv. You could go even like support BV, just increased duration, increased aoe, poison 4links, maybe in a faster casting shaper gloves or something like that. Then 6L herald, and either the 2nd herald or some more minions, scaling minion damage, which will also scale your own BV a fair amount.

Other than that I'd go CA because of overlapping aoes, but I wouldn't go viper, you only apply one poison per hit unless there's a bunch of stuff stacked up for melee splash, it'll suck ass anytime you're not clearing trash, and for trash it might not even be that good, it's viper strike with melee splash after all and I played that, it wasn't good.

Caliane

new withering touch is attacks.

I was getting ok numbers with the poison BV number crunching. I do feel mana was a pita though. 2 heralds, blasph-temp-chain, disc.
or drop phys herald, and support agony..
But then, wither or withering touch? rat/spell totem?
2 more curses on orb?

I was then considering BARRAGE poison to boost the poison herald. barrage+withering touch+poison. and herald of agony.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking he put posoin on HoP because it was needed to proc withered touch, but doesn't look like it. I'll likely just go HoP with withered touch for better withered application in single target.

I don't agree with BV. How does poison favor attack speed?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was thinking he put posoin on HoP because it was needed to proc withered touch, but doesn't look like it. I'll likely just go HoP with withered touch for better withered application in single target.

I don't agree with BV. How does poison favor attack speed?
For herald buffing. More hits means more virulence stacks. But even if you don't care as much about the herald, having 10poisons for 10damage each is the same as having 1poison for 100damage, so it doesn't matter if the poisons are smaller if you scale BV damage, but it does improve the herald stacks a lot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For herald buffing. More hits means more virulence stacks. But even if you don't care as much about the herald, having 10poisons for 10damage each is the same as having 1poison for 100damage, so it doesn't matter if the poisons are smaller if you scale BV damage, but it does improve the herald stacks a lot.
Good point, forgot about that. I think CA could apply just as many or more than BV though.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has any PoE streamer broken 10k on their own? Not counting stuff like the streamed 4-man race thing w/ commentary that Ziggy and Havoc did.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Good point, forgot about that. I think CA could apply just as many or more than BV though.
Right that's why I said I'd consider CA, although for single target I'm not sure, unless you disregard CA damage almost entirely and go Quill Rain for more pewpew. But Viper strike just sounds like a poor choice other than trying to make VS work. And I mean, it'll work a lot better than it used to for sure with the crawler carrying your ass around, and single target VS isn't bad at all, it just doesn't look very efficient though.

Anyway it's 30mins to launch and I still don't know what I'm playing. Sadly there's no detailed info on what is a crusader slam for guardian shit. I think I might just go necro and reroll later if I feel like it. HoP and Dom Blow minions seem to have movement skills rolled in, based on the datamined stuff. HoP you could see in the video from ZiggyD, they have shield charge, but apparently dom blow have something like a teleport. I'll wait until I see it though might just be remnant of skills that aren't used. Also helm enchants for dom blow include +2 magic sentinels or +1 rare sentinel.