Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So started mapping which is great fun. I seem to have got up to t8-t9 and the maps are drying up a fair bit. Do I need to buy them now? Since t4 or so I've just made everything I do yellow. Is that the way to do it to get higher maps? Should I be saving or spending what litle money I have as my gear is pretty shit right now. How do I chisel and sextant good maps?

I bought the currency tab and a few more tabs to store gear which has been a lifesaver.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alch and go is a pretty good method and great for casual play. You can min/max it quite a bit, though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How many maps do you get from lower delves? I've been kinda slow with delving compared to my atlas. I've completed all maps up to T9 as well as half of T10 and T11, but I've now run out of anything above T7. My delve level is around 170. I usually go sideways for things like jewel nodes, but I'm thinking of changing that if lower levels will get me more maps.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still alch and going at 97 into 98. I won't even start to dump currency into rerolling maps until the 1/2 point to 100 at level 98+.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
OK so just keep doing this and hope that from time to time I get a step up, basically. Cheers folks.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
How many maps do you get from lower delves? I've been kinda slow with delving compared to my atlas. I've completed all maps up to T9 as well as half of T10 and T11, but I've now run out of anything above T7. My delve level is around 170. I usually go sideways for things like jewel nodes, but I'm thinking of changing that if lower levels will get me more maps.

Not many, tbh. Just higher tier. I have had red maps drop around 240, and after someone said something about maps dropping a lot more, I did indeed get like 3 red out of one delve session, but that was an exception not the rule. I've probably gotten less or very close to 20 maps total the entire time I've been delving from the very start to now.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bleh, wonder what's different this league. I've never had map progression stall out like this such that I've had to go back 2-3 tiers.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
IDK about map drops, Im not insanely deep yet at 470 but maps seem to drop very sparsely in Delves normally. Now if you get a city with outposts and map boxes OFC youre going to get drops but normal Delving so far is maybe 30% chance for a map to drop out of a 5k sulphite run.

OK so just keep doing this and hope that from time to time I get a step up, basically. Cheers folks.

I would target to do all bonus objectives on your map Atlas to boost the map drop %'s if you havent already done that. After you do all the normal maps you can buy a lot of the unique maps really cheap.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zana's Bloodlines/Nemesis never gave more magic/rare mobs I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: Nm, it should give more magic mobs regardless. How can you tell you didn't get more magic mobs?

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bleh, wonder what's different this league. I've never had map progression stall out like this such that I've had to go back 2-3 tiers.

In the same boat this league. I've been running maps with bunny cause I had 1 t13 and then 6 t9's. That's my map pool!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well, it used to add the zana magic mob % to the numbers in the modlist it shows in the map, so maps with double bloodlines mods would have 40-50%ish magic mobs listed, this map stayed at 27% magic mobs on the modlist from the map roll.

In the same boat this league. I've been running maps with bunny cause I had 1 t13 and then 6 t9's. That's my map pool!

When's the "i'm just gonna play standard" phase coming?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Any idea what I could convert a arc totem Hiero into something else without releveling a new character?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well the point of converting to another builds is that they throwing down 4 totems while mining gets old pretty fast, throwing 4 totems every 30 feet. Oh well.