Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Slightly mad, slightly pleased. Last night I couldn't sleep and my brain was in full theorycraft mode. So I've been delving wherever the fossils are. Depth doesn't matter. I went sideways at like lvl 50 depths for 3 hours the other night and got nearly 100 fossils. So I wanted to make a character that was JUST for fossil hunting. Not to exceed depths of even 100, probably.

It came to me that infinite phasing would be good, so I checked raider and they get it with onslaught. So with Ahn's Heritage shield you can get -2 endurance charges from jewels and always have onslaught, AKA, always have phasing. So that was the easy part. The hard part was finding a 1hander ability for damage I didn't hate just for general clearing and for mapping to restore sulphite (FUCK THE QUARRY). I was looking at spectral throw and maybe ice crash (with precursors with +cold damage per frenzy charge) and so I googled Raider builds.

Like 9:30am this morning some dude already made my build. He's perma phasing raider with Ahn's, uses a shaper claw with x to x cold damager per dex, and cyclones. It annoyed me as I thought I was going to be a fucking pioneer, but dude literally beat me by like a 1/2 a day.

Forum - Ranger - [3.4] Ghost in the Delve - Permanent Phasing Cold Cyclone QOTF. 1M+ Dps for bossing. - Path of Exile

That's the build. I may end up tweaking it and probably making it is fairly new still. The freezing is great for shatter, cyclone allows you hit fast with the claw for +life, even in darkness, and perma phasing with QoTF just means you bypass everything anyways. Cyclone also lets you go through mobs, but I don't think it's necessary. The DPS looks slightly underwhelming and the clear in maps might be much more painful than my Consecrated Path Chieftan, but it should do.

Once I'm all set up I'm going to set up a timer and stream how many fossils I can find in X amount of time. I'm thinking with that build, at a lower depth, you'll be able to net 60+ fossils and 10-20 raw chaos per hour easily.

Raider has perma phasing pretty much with the interaction with frenzy charges. You also get immunity to all status ailments and the frenzy generation is so good.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm really bouncing around between t5 and t13 - have I made a massive mistake opening the map up on all four corners and heading inwards simultaneously?

Edit - you guys got any tips for trading one currency into another, i've been on poe.trade currency section. Is that the go to place to change currency from one form to another?

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
That's where I do my currency trading. Chaos is the main trading currency with exalts being a distant 2nd. Trying to trade other currencies without either going to X > chaos/exalt > Y is not something I would recommend. Majority of the time you get absolutely retarded ratios if any even show up. For example maybe you can get 7c for 1 annul but if you try to trade that annul for something else you might only get 1c worth of the other currency = you're getting robbed bigly.

For a better accurate example that I just searched now: if you try to trade chisels for fusings the ratio is about 2 chisels = 1 fusing or you can do 3 chisels = 1 chaos. If you trade 60 chisels for fusing you'd get 30 but if you trade them for 20c and then the 20c for fusings you get 40ish.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
That's where I do my currency trading. Chaos is the main trading currency with exalts being a distant 2nd. Trying to trade other currencies without either going to X > chaos/exalt > Y is not something I would recommend. Majority of the time you get absolutely retarded ratios if any even show up. For example maybe you can get 7c for 1 annul but if you try to trade that annul for something else you might only get 1c worth of the other currency = you're getting robbed bigly.

Thanks, I've used it and am converting everything into Chaos. As you clearly play the top end of the game, how hard is it to kill the mob in the middle of the map? What are the end game goals? I'm really liking the game so want to see how far I can progress

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, I've used it and am converting everything into Chaos. As you clearly play the top end of the game, how hard is it to kill the mob in the middle of the map? What are the end game goals? I'm really liking the game so want to see how far I can progress

The game is hard, I've played for years, and I've never killed the shaper. No one build can do "everything" in PoE. Or if it can, some things its going to do much worse than other builds. The build I'm playing is a self-cast witch which most people find to be extremely weak, but I do enjoy the playstyle and am clearing up my t15 maps now, ready to start on t16 shortly. I don't think I'll be able to clear t16 though with it, and I certainly can't do the shaper with it.

HOWEVER, it rocks in delves, and that's what I built it for. To sit still and hit the win button basically.

Oh, I fully admit though, I suck at video games, so take it for what its worth. If you kill the shaper, then rock on. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The game is hard, I've played for years, and I've never killed the shaper. No one build can do "everything" in PoE. Or if it can, some things its going to do much worse than other builds. The build I'm playing is a self-cast witch which most people find to be extremely weak, but I do enjoy the playstyle and am clearing up my t15 maps now, ready to start on t16 shortly. I don't think I'll be able to clear t16 though with it, and I certainly can't do the shaper with it.

HOWEVER, it rocks in delves, and that's what I built it for. To sit still and hit the win button basically.

Oh, I fully admit though, I suck at video games, so take it for what its worth. If you kill the shaper, then rock on. :)

I don't think I can kill the mob in the middle t13 is giving me a hard enough time as it is. Some mobs are utterly impossible with the map variables. Funny trying though!

How far is everyone into the maps?

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hardest part about shaper is how expensive it is to learn the fight. I think I failed like 10ish times before I managed to take him down barely. Uber elder was the same but I only failed like 5 or 6 times (had a much better build/gear for him tho). Once you learn the fights they're a lot easier in the future leagues.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I don't think I can kill the mob in the middle t13 is giving me a hard enough time as it is. Some mobs are utterly impossible with the map variables. Funny trying though!

How far is everyone into the maps?

Some bosses are way harder too.

I'm almost done with t15 maps.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
From reading that reddit thread I get the impression that it only applies to delve-related additions to the game. That wouldn't matter for crystal belts, pure coincidence.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well, it probably applies to a lot of stuff but this is the first instance where a seed is(was? seems like it's been "fixed") rolled on something that has stayed alive for a long time.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I know flask macros are not allowed but how strictly is that enforced? I am avoiding some builds because I really hate clicking them all the time.

POE is my favorite game to come back to when I run out of other games to play. This is like my 4th time back and its fantastic every time I come back.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
I know flask macros are not allowed but how strictly is that enforced? I am avoiding some builds because I really hate clicking them all the time.

POE is my favorite game to come back to when I run out of other games to play. This is like my 4th time back and its fantastic every time I come back.

I've been using one for probably about a year now and have never gotten a warning or anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kythik Kythik and I were discussing Indigon builds last night, so I thought I'd post mine since I've changed a bit since last patch.

It's your typical Indigon-CI-Hierophant-PP build, but I've made perhaps a few unique changes/mistakes:

• Arc/LW for clear, Volatile Dead/Unearth for single target. This is instead of arc/vd and unearth/bodyswap all on one set of pens. There's pluses and minuses to this setup, but it was hard to ignore how much more single target damage vd can do in this setup. And you get to support Unearth with Combustion.
  • No attack speed on your PP trigger. This build will run out of mana which is by design. When it does, if you've only stacked attack speed, your default attack is going to be slow as fuck and tank your dps. My way around that was to stack global attack speed and not use any attack speed supports. The other option is to tune your trigger mana multiplier so precisely that you never fallback to default attack. The issue there is it makes your ramp up shit.
  • I traveled down for Vaal Pact instead of using Atziri's Acuity. This allows pickup of some global attack speed nodes in the area and gloves as well as loosening the resistances issues with the gear. This might be more of an issue next patch when Transcendent Spirit comes back.
  • Spiritual Command and CWDT+Flesh Offering for 31% attack and cast speed for only 3 passives!
  • Incandescent Heart instead Shav's, which saves a bunch of very much needed gem slots. DPS and mitigation ends up being about the same.
  • You could put some utility supports on your trigger skill. But I don't know how much things like blind, culling, or combustion will actually do compared to max ramp up time. The utility of being able to get back to max indigon stacks as quick as possible is hard to quantify.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm considering crafting(!!!) a belt because the one I want just plain doesn't exist. Crystal(doesn't have to be crystal) shaped belt with +ES, increased ES%, increased mana/es/cooldown recovery rate. I can't figure out what that cooldown recovery rate affix is categorized as. Speed? If so, that's a bummer because that fossil says no mana modifiers.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
This is my hobbled together Heiro ZLB poets pen. It allows for MF(in the second item set), but I'm currently missing the bp and a second ventor's. >>pastebin<<

I killed uber elder twice last night/this morning--both times only a ring--before I noticed I was missing EO. I dropped a life node for EO until I level. I have 2 open gem slots that I was saving for enfeeble/flammability when I got a +1 curse foible, but after vaaling 50 of them on Sunday I had no luck, not even one + all elemental resists.

The LL is better, but getting MF was more of a chore last league and the cost is at least 10exa mroe than what I spent on the ZLB-life version. Had sulfite been account and not character I would have ran it. I enjoyed my 4link ele hit farmer more(she's near 270 delve even) due to the mapping speed--LW without the enchant is so slow--and hope they put in an option for sulfite to be migrated to characters on the same account.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I doubt they'll do that with sulfite.

Use movement flask with LW, solves speed issues. More specifically, even without the flask it can't be slower than unearth/bodyswap unless you're teleporting a distance in which you can get off 3+ attacks while the duration resolves. The flask should solve that, as should a 21 LW, 20/23 less duration, and swift affliction.

MF is boring.

Last edited:

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I doubt they'll do that with sulfite.

Use movement flask with LW, solves speed issues.

MF is boring.

It really doesn't, enchant + pot is close but still behind a QOTF ranger in clear speed. MF is rather passive to active mapping, I'm not sure how it is boring. I can clear t16s, minus boss, and do delves in MF, all of which I would be doing anyway, but this way I get more spins of the loot wheel.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It really doesn't, enchant + pot is close but still behind a QOTF ranger in clear speed. MF is rather passive to active mapping, I'm not sure how it is boring. I can clear t16s, minus boss, and do delves in MF, all of which I would be doing anyway, but this way I get more spins of the loot wheel.
It's boring from a loot perspective. MF loot itself is boring and caps out quickly, so your character's progression caps out quickly. If you can get around that by MFing and progressing on the same character, you gotta swap gear frequently and you character is still at least somewhat of a compromise between the two. You can farm currency on one and buy gear on another, but sulfite doesn't really support that. And I'd rather the experience, after 90, go to the boss killer.

It's boring because while in MF gear, you're squishy and can't do higher bosses. I hate skipping bosses even if they're not worth it loot wise.

Comparing the speed a skill to a character specifically built for it will always lead to disappointment. Note, if you have LW helm enchant, LW's duration is essentially 0.1s no matter where you teleport. I *think* poet's pen deals with the casting animation minimum duration because you're no longer casting it directly.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
=

I guess if that's what you find to be fun. I've had a similar argument posed to me about the merits of SSF, but no thanks.