Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Killed the breach mobs and the maps all done nearly (peradus manor, why is that map so expensive?). Killed all the guardians. So need to kill the boss(es) and uber Atziri (done early one) now but i'm switching out of this build a bit as it's dps sucked against the post t15 mobs and bosses.

Not done anything with delve but looking forward to it.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking for elder guardians, even white map ones if anyone does. Will tip 5c per or throw you a gang of red maps. Its my last challenge so ill be giving away my stash soon.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Man I suck asshole at this game. I've been playing for years and have never even been able to clear T16 maps, just 2 of them. lol. I have fun though, so I guess that counts for something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Since someone mentioned legacy league the other day it reminded me that my problem with this league is the same as it was with that league. They throw all kinds of cool shit at you early game while you're levelling up and then take it all away once you get past about the act 10 level-range. I find one fossil every 15 nodes or so now in the 200-250 depths, 90% of the darkness areas have literally nothing in them but a pack of mobs or 2 and the few that do have something almost never have currency chests any more it's just armor or weapons. I really have no clue what they think when they design stuff like this.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since someone mentioned legacy league the other day it reminded me that my problem with this league is the same as it was with that league. They throw all kinds of cool shit at you early game while you're levelling up and then take it all away once you get past about the act 10 level-range. I find one fossil every 15 nodes or so now in the 200-250 depths, 90% of the darkness areas have literally nothing in them but a pack of mobs or 2 and the few that do have something almost never have currency chests any more it's just armor or weapons. I really have no clue what they think when they design stuff like this.

Chris mentioned he wants people to delve deeper and not stay safe or at the bare minimum of i83 around 270. At depth 1200 there is fossil rooms in almost every single node or mini screen. I didn't even do that achievement for the T4 Delve rooms until it was 39/40 and at that depth the big boy rooms are all over.

Man I suck asshole at this game. I've been playing for years and have never even been able to clear T16 maps, just 2 of them. lol. I have fun though, so I guess that counts for something.

Id be happy to go over your build and give a review of what you can do defensively and offensively to boost your character. I can also throw you some currency, items, and maps and get you a good start on clearing T16's. Just post your PoB or character link and Ill help.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm working my way down but at 250 I find about 10% of the currency and fossils (and the fossils are all abberant lol) than I find if I go up to depth 65 and dick around and i'm just comparing number of nodes run ignoring the massive difference in sulphite costs.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You do know that each type of fossil only spawns in certain biomes? Abberant fossils are from fungal caverns which are mostly a waste of time to go hunting around in the dark. For 1-4c fossil farming you want either sulphur vents, magma fissure (fractured walls can lead to encrusted fossils), or frozen hollow. All the really expensive stuff comes from fossil rooms.

I do agree that it's still best to dick around in low depths, but unless you only care about 'wealth' chests you have to be picky about which biomes you spend your time in.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like confirmation bias.

I got 1 exalt to drop all of Incursion league. 2 dropped in the flashback. And 10+ have dropped for me in Delve. Regular Incursion sucks!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You do know that each type of fossil only spawns in certain biomes? Abberant fossils are from fungal caverns which are mostly a waste of time to go hunting around in the dark. For 1-4c fossil farming you want either sulphur vents, magma fissure (fractured walls can lead to encrusted fossils), or frozen hollow. All the really expensive stuff comes from fossil rooms.

I do agree that it's still best to dick around in low depths, but unless you only care about 'wealth' chests you have to be picky about which biomes you spend your time in.

Yes I know that. I ran 6 nodes in magma fissures this morning/afternoon and got 0 fossils and 0 anything else. I spent 14k sulphite this morning (various biomes, no ice ones) and got 2 resonator chests that each had 2 resonators and 1 abberant fossil.

Sounds like confirmation bias.
Ok buddy, post it 50 more times and don't forget to say i'm an idiot for using exalts on items.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Id be happy to go over your build and give a review of what you can do defensively and offensively to boost your character. I can also throw you some currency, items, and maps and get you a good start on clearing T16's. Just post your PoB or character link and Ill help.

ArcBunnyy Lvl 95: View Profile - Path of Exile - RexieRabbit

Please be aware I *just* yesterday or so upgraded to poets pen setup on my elementalist so I wouldn't need to re-level everything up again other than the gems. Obviously, the gems need to be better, so I've been working on that, though next time I log on I think I'm just going to buy 20/20% gems instead of leveling up each one. Even though I don't play SSF, I do really enjoy earning most of my things (I earned the HH, and 2 of the 4 PPs). So assume in my setup I have 20/20% gems lol.

I was self-cast with a LOT more defense beforehand. While the damage was way less, and it was slower, it was a lot more defense and I felt like I could make more progress on bosses. PP is much more fun too, even though I do like the gameplay of self-cast too.

I use weapon swap for Ball Lightning for bosses. I actually have enough currency to do pretty well, I probably just have things not in the right way, or simply aren't very good at the game :)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
ArcBunnyy Lvl 95: View Profile - Path of Exile - RexieRabbit

Please be aware I *just* yesterday or so upgraded to poets pen setup on my elementalist so I wouldn't need to re-level everything up again other than the gems. Obviously, the gems need to be better, so I've been working on that, though next time I log on I think I'm just going to buy 20/20% gems instead of leveling up each one. Even though I don't play SSF, I do really enjoy earning most of my things (I earned the HH, and 2 of the 4 PPs). So assume in my setup I have 20/20% gems lol.

I was self-cast with a LOT more defense beforehand. While the damage was way less, and it was slower, it was a lot more defense and I felt like I could make more progress on bosses. PP is much more fun too, even though I do like the gameplay of self-cast too.

I use weapon swap for Ball Lightning for bosses. I actually have enough currency to do pretty well, I probably just have things not in the right way, or simply aren't very good at the game :)

Gem levels are huge damage, especially on Arc having a level 21 means a lot more damage. PP unless youre specifically doing VD / Unearth with either Indigon or fire heavy tree is pretty bad damage. You can kill Uber Elder with just about anything, a lot of these authors will do 100 runs on a mid tier build and record the one that went perfect. For sure id go all in if you like the build and get Arc to 21, Ball lightning to 21 and the other gems 20/20. Something I do on Poe.Trade is to search for 17/19 gems or 16/16 etc, you can buy them dirt cheap and just use GCPs to max them. I went home for lunch and I actually have a 21/23 Arc you can have and also a 21/20 VD.

Ill check out the tree when I get home and see how that looks. Jewels on flat damage builds like this are pretty huge as well, hopefully you have some good ones.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arc/Ball Lightning comes close to VD/Unearth on paper. How well you can aim Ball Lightning, however...

Anyone arguing about Arc measuring up to VD / Unearth's DPS has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. This is the kind of post with bad information that makes people not have fun playing PoE because they think Arc / BL is an actual boss killer on VDs level (it isnt).

Not to mention VD on top of being 20000x the dps of Arc also preloads the damage. You one shot Uber Elder or Shaper the millisecond they become active.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone arguing about Arc measuring up to VD / Unearth's DPS has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. This is the kind of post with bad information that makes people not have fun playing PoE because they think Arc / BL is an actual boss killer on VDs level (it isnt).

Not to mention VD on top of being 20000x the dps of Arc also preloads the damage. You one shot Uber Elder or Shaper the millisecond they become active.
All I was refuting is that anything not VD/Unearth is shit. There are likely many many other PP builds that aren't shit and aren't VD/Unearth, but Arc/BL is the only one I have experience with. But thanks for the asshole response. Next time, I suggest you read the whole post before responding.