Path of Exile

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Recent posts here, and a shit ton over at the official forums (not Reddit), show that people quickly lose sight of the fact that this is a Free To Play game (debate the Pay to Win on your own time!). Allowing free Lvl 70 characters after leveling one character is antithetical to their economic model.

Now GGG may overcharge for their MTX's, but I doubt they would have ever implemented a pay to get a Level 70 boost. However, with Tencent influence, who knows, maybe we will see it one day.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I use Phase Run as my only movement skill, but I'm playing EE's phantasm build. I don't have to use skills much besides casting an offering just often enough to keep the buff rolling but it still seems like it would be pretty good for pack to pack movement. And of course it's fantastic for running around in the dark; I lost count how many times my BV witch died using shield charge and getting hung up on narrow doorways with a huge pack of mobs clogging them up. With Phase Run I've yet to die even once and I can go down every side passage easily as the crawler moves from node to node.

You do need frenzy charges though or it won't work very well. Other than that I just have a 20/20 gem linked with 20/20 increased duration.

---------------------------------

Anyone happen to have a map surplus they're looking to get rid of? I'm still stuck at about 80/159 or whatever it is now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I use Phase Run as my only movement skill, but I'm playing EE's phantasm build. I don't have to use skills much besides casting an offering just often enough to keep the buff rolling but it still seems like it would be pretty good for pack to pack movement. And of course it's fantastic for running around in the dark; I lost count how many times my BV witch died using shield charge and getting hung up on narrow doorways with a huge pack of mobs clogging them up. With Phase Run I've yet to die even once and I can go down every side passage easily as the crawler moves from node to node.

You do need frenzy charges though or it won't work very well. Other than that I just have a 20/20 gem linked with 20/20 increased duration.

---------------------------------

Anyone happen to have a map surplus they're looking to get rid of? I'm still stuck at about 80/159 or whatever it is now.

I have almost every map I can hand out as well as 15+ shaper sets.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone fuck around with scourge arrow this league? Am liking my roa build for mapping and decent mf but it can’t do guardians or higher at all. Looking for a good gem swap and from what I’ve read seems like scourge is the blade flurry of bow builds ? But didn’t wanna blow an ex on a lvl 21 gem till I was sure

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That extra 0.5% weapon damage isn't going to make or break anything. Even for spells, you don't need a level 21 to get a feel for it. Just buy a 20/0 to experiment.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find one fossil every 15 nodes or so now in the 200-250 depths, 90% of the darkness areas have literally nothing in them but a pack of mobs or 2 and the few that do have something almost never have currency chests any more it's just armor or weapons. I really have no clue what they think when they design stuff like this.

So I haven't seen any appreciable difference regarding fossil/resonator (or general currency for that matter) between level 80 delves and 250+. Sure there might be a dry spell between nodes delving in the darkness, but overall if your goal is to fossil farm, just run them lower. So I filled an entire Quad tab only with Resonators/fossils which took me maybe 3-4 hours to fill up running between Delve 70-80 with no special move speed gear. What's crazy is how fast the shit still sells, I think I sold my entire tab in 30 minutes worth like 3 EX (I didn't even list the shitty fossils/resonators which sell for less than a 0.5C since I didn't want to do math. The longest time was figuring out prices and setting up my sales tabs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Korrupt, looking for Maps and $$$. IGN is Goose_aw. From D3 Rift grouping days. Thanks.

You and young Vorph need to come see me, these will all goto waste 100%. I looked and i have a bunch of the unique ones too, only one i dont have is perandus to give out. Have 2 of the new Doryanis map thing from the delve boss also.

1539214325989.png

• 1Like

fletch101

Lord Nagafen Raider
You and young Vorph need to come see me, these will all goto waste 100%. I looked and i have a bunch of the unique ones too, only one i dont have is perandus to give out. Have 2 of the new Doryanis map thing from the delve boss also.

View attachment 178752
Invited. Will share with Vorph, (Vorph / Vorph_BV / Vorph_SW) , we're friends.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Korrupt, thanks for 4 full inventories of red maps and tons of uniques. Very generous.

Glad theyre going to use homie, let me know if you guys want more. I have quad tabs of overflow maps for racecourse, waterways, and E-UGS.

• 1Like

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Glad theyre going to use homie, let me know if you guys want more. I have quad tabs of overflow maps for racecourse, waterways, and E-UGS.

I'm not too proud to accept handouts. I added you in-game. I'll holler at you next time I see you on.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just an FYI for everyone about rare mapping in this league.... you can use resonators with a frigid/scorched/aberrant fossil in them to turn white maps rare. It is amazingly cheap.

Also, Delve is my favorite mechanic yet; if this one does not stay in every league from now on I will be disappointed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fletch gave me a bunch from what you gave him, thanks for that. If you don't mind, I'll hit you up for some yellows and E-UGS if I see you on later.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fletch gave me a bunch from what you gave him, thanks for that. If you don't mind, I'll hit you up for some yellows and E-UGS if I see you on later.

For sure, those T10's are awesome to boost to 15 and run also if you want. I have 2k alchemy orbs from EUGS div cards if any of you guys need alchs as well.

Shaper sets still available also, would like them to go to someone learning the encounter versus someone who will sell 20 sets.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just an FYI for everyone about rare mapping in this league.... you can use resonators with a frigid/scorched/aberrant fossil in them to turn white maps rare. It is amazingly cheap.

Also, Delve is my favorite mechanic yet; if this one does not stay in every league from now on I will be disappointed.
It needs some serious fixing before it does. Sulphite-less delving is starting to become common.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It needs some serious fixing before it does. Sulphite-less delving is starting to become common.

If you're talking about the 3 ES + CI build then should be able to nip that one in the bud with a small change? It really takes a ton of effort for a normie to get that build going.

For semi-casual players like me it is crazy. I have a depth 71/72 farming spot that looks like an L with a little crook at one end. It takes about 2 min to run and almost always has at least one lost wealth chest, serrated fossil, or prismatic fossil; usually it has multiples of at least one. I did a 15 min test and got the following drops. That is ignoring the frigid fossils that drop so each one of those fossils is 4C and will sell almost instantly. It is a godsend for getting beyond 3-4ex gear.

1539283015149.png

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you're talking about the 3 ES + CI build then should be able to nip that one in the bud with a small change? It really takes a ton of effort for a normie to get that build going.

For semi-casual players like me it is crazy. I have a depth 71/72 farming spot that looks like an L with a little crook at one end. It takes about 2 min to run and almost always has at least one lost wealth chest, serrated fossil, or prismatic fossil; usually it has multiples of at least one. I did a 15 min test and got the following drops. That is ignoring the frigid fossils that drop so each one of those fossils is 4C and will sell almost instantly. It is a godsend for getting beyond 3-4ex gear.

View attachment 178840
No, I mean using flares instead of the cart since azurite become a non-issue eventually. That is not to say this isn't easily fixable, my point is more that the league still has major issues and we're at the halfway point. This cannot become a permanent addition to the game without working out many bugs or even just unintended usages.

On top of that, delve is very obtrusive to existing game mechanics. A lot of builds simply suck to play in the mines. I had to give up on my Indigon CI character because he depended on leech for sustain. That's not say the build can't adapt, but requiring a specific Watcher's Eye is a bit much.

Essences, along with some other crafting methods, are quite marginalized with fossils. Personally, I don't give a shit, crafting before fossils sucked a fat dick and fossils are awesome. But you have to objectively realize that they are too powerful and it's not great that they spend development resources effectively cannibalizing existing core mechanics.

Except ghosts. Ghosts can go fuck themselves.