Path of Exile

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Since someone mentioned legacy league the other day it reminded me that my problem with this league is the same as it was with that league. They throw all kinds of cool shit at you early game while you're levelling up and then take it all away once you get past about the act 10 level-range. I find one fossil every 15 nodes or so now in the 200-250 depths, 90% of the darkness areas have literally nothing in them but a pack of mobs or 2 and the few that do have something almost never have currency chests any more it's just armor or weapons. I really have no clue what they think when they design stuff like this.

This has been my experience with delve.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The skill tree for this game is down right stupid. The fact that have to re-roll to try different builds, and/or fix a build path you find isnt working for you absolutely mandates a player leverage build guides, which to be honest, is just not fun.

I love the currency and crafting concepts, and the game itself is solid, but man, the skill tree...

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Depending on your goals for the game, 50 regrets to essentially repec your character can be a trivial cost.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The skill tree for this game is down right stupid. The fact that have to re-roll to try different builds, and/or fix a build path you find isnt working for you absolutely mandates a player leverage build guides, which to be honest, is just not fun.

I love the currency and crafting concepts, and the game itself is solid, but man, the skill tree...

One of the currencies is Orbs of Regret which allow you to erase a skill selection and reallocate it. This becomes a fairly easy thing to buy especially in this league with the abundance of Chaos Orb drops from relatively low delve depths.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if there's someone hoarding all the Murderous Eye jewels. I can't find a decently price one that has life and (fire to sword, fire to attacks, or attack speed).

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
One of the currencies is Orbs of Regret which allow you to erase a skill selection and reallocate it. This becomes a fairly easy thing to buy especially in this league with the abundance of Chaos Orb drops from relatively low delve depths.

This. You get 20 respec points from quests and Delve literally throws regrets/chaos at you. I blew 50 respecing a character last week and I'm back up to 100 regrets or so.

• 1Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This. You get 20 respec points from quests and Delve literally throws regrets/chaos at you. I blew 50 respecing a character last week and I'm back up to 100 regrets or so.

So thats my point. Saying 'they give you currency to respec' is just silly. Do away with the currency and if you insist on having a crazy huge skill tree, let players respec at will to try all aspects of the game and explore without grinding or the need to re-roll.

As it is, I will reroll for the new league, but DURING the league, I'd like to level once and be able to play with differnt builds. Its just dumb.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Once you get a Tabula it takes like, 8 hours to hit maps again with a fresh character. I think respec is fine.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As it is, I will reroll for the new league, but DURING the league, I'd like to level once and be able to play with differnt builds. Its just dumb.

That would be terrible, it'd be a meta of constantly shifting your character to whatever the latest and greatest is rather than the successful result of planned decisions. Your character needs time investment and identity, and its spec is a huge part of its identity. They've specifically stated the philosophy behind Ascendancy classes was to make each class more unique than they were before to help provide character identity. If you want your character to have a new identity, you're going to pay for it in time or currency.

• 2Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
That would be terrible, it'd be a meta of constantly shifting your character to whatever the latest and greatest is rather than the successful result of planned decisions. Your character needs time investment and identity, and its spec is a huge part of its identity. They've specifically stated the philosophy behind Ascendancy classes was to make each class more unique than they were before to help provide character identity. If you want your character to have a new identity, you're going to pay for it in time or currency.

^what he said.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Weeee, Uber Elder down in 2 sets, an improvement over my first kill last league in 4 sets and my traps killing him on the last portal after I died. Switching to a build that can utilize shield charge or whirling blades was probably the main difference. You can obviously do it with Leap Slam, I'm just not good enough yet to do it at ~0.5s slam time.

Time to finish up the league challenges with those that I can pay for and then flail about in the darkness, hoping for certain nodes to spawn.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Weeee, Uber Elder down in 2 sets, an improvement over my first kill last league in 4 sets and my traps killing him on the last portal after I died. Switching to a build that can utilize shield charge or whirling blades was probably the main difference. You can obviously do it with Leap Slam, I'm just not good enough yet to do it at ~0.5s slam time.

Time to finish up the league challenges with those that I can pay for and then flail about in the darkness, hoping for certain nodes to spawn.

Glad you're making up for me this league bud.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
How do people have poet's pens/tabula's instantly etc come a new league? Isn't all your crap transferred over to standard league?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do people have poet's pens/tabula's instantly etc come a new league? Isn't all your crap transferred over to standard league?
They don't? They just buy them. Tabula you can farm yourself in Acqeducts once you're near the end of the leveling, it's good xp, easy layout, you can farm it nicely before you finish Kitava and lose your resists, get all the cards for it in 1-4hours depending on RNG, less if you just buy the missing cards. Poet's Pen is mostly just investing your early currency.

Thing is people who buy those like right away on day one are the same people who are mapping on day one and making money selling shit when there's nothing on the market to begin with. They just level/map with a generic skill that scales well with no gear or even the right spec, shit like firestorm, arc traps, BV and what not. Just get the right supports, the right heralds/auras and kill stuff fine anyway.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They don't? They just buy them. Tabula you can farm yourself in Acqeducts once you're near the end of the leveling, it's good xp, easy layout, you can farm it nicely before you finish Kitava and lose your resists, get all the cards for it in 1-4hours depending on RNG, less if you just buy the missing cards. Poet's Pen is mostly just investing your early currency.

Thing is people who buy those like right away on day one are the same people who are mapping on day one and making money selling shit when there's nothing on the market to begin with. They just level/map with a generic skill that scales well with no gear or even the right spec, shit like firestorm, arc traps, BV and what not. Just get the right supports, the right heralds/auras and kill stuff fine anyway.

This is 100% on point ^^^^ This league was especially lucrative when we hit maps and shared our Zanas we noticed that new map mod for shaped's which led to basically free mirrors for anyone mapping the first weekend from just selling maps at insane prices.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone toyed around with instant cast phase run as a primary movement skill? How does is compare to a build that can get shield charge/leap slam/whirling blades up to really good APS levels?

I'm wondering if a simpler solution to the Nebujugg's slow movement was not to respec, but just to stop using Leap Slam and use Phase Run(and quicksilver potion) instead.

Caliane

phase run is not ideal as primary move, due to its cooldown.

activate=movespeed. ANY skill use consumes the movespeed to give a melee damage buff. 4s CD.

So its good for secondary movement speed, for the move, and phasing.