Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Decided to give uber elder a go and bricked my 2 sets mostly to stupid stuff. Good thing t16 maps are as rare as exalts and divines are otherwise i'd be able to try him some more! (sorry I have to rage about the shit map drop rates any chance I get cause it rustles me something fierce).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Korrupts had dozens of sets to give away not long ago so you could keep trying. I don't think T16maps were that rare though and mostly I just bought more when I was doing the fight for the first time, it's easy enough to buy sets, since they're valuable enough that people will actually answer. It was like 80chaos per set or something like that, not sure about now but it's not really a big deal lategame at least.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Decided to give uber elder a go and bricked my 2 sets mostly to stupid stuff. Good thing t16 maps are as rare as exalts and divines are otherwise i'd be able to try him some more! (sorry I have to rage about the shit map drop rates any chance I get cause it rustles me something fierce).

I have 7 left you can have, dont worry everyone has to learn mechanics homie.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I had that realization myself this patch. Last league was my first kill of Uber Elder and it took 4 sets with an Arc Trapper, my traps killing him on my very last portal after I died. This league, I did it on two sets with an MS Jugg. And now on my third kill this league, I have it down to 3 portals. It was at this point I realized the fight is artificially tough. You take away the entry cost, the fight quickly becomes learnable and easy.

Anyone remember A10 Kitava when 3.0 was first released? I bet you died a few times. Now everyone sleep walks through it.

I'm not saying the fight shouldn't be gated in such a manner. Just that the realization kinda cheapened the experience.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I have 7 left you can have, dont worry everyone has to learn mechanics homie.

Thanks for the offer but it's ok, I have to round my gear out some anyways still on this char before I want to try him again. Probably should find a way to squeeze kaom boots on too for the fight but that's gonna be a huge PITA.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I love the delve. By far my favorite.

Filthy casual in a console, but it's been great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did anyone here make a build capable of clearing HoGM this league? My Soulwrest build is maxed out to the point where I'm spending exalts on jewels and there's literally nothing else left to buy because minion builds have such a low gear ceiling, so I'll probably grab a Perandus Manor soon and that will leave my atlas with only HoGM incomplete.

If not, anyone know what the going rate for HoGM (and Perandus for that matter) completion is these days?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing that can 100% clear HoGM every time I think is Scorching Ray, but I could be wrong I suppose. What I do is clear it out and then come back with an alt-witch that has Scorching Ray in a 4 link and like 2k hp to mop up the rest.

Vorph

I was just reading about it, sounds like the nerfs to block for Delve made it so anything decent should be able to clear it now? Maybe not deathless, but not utterly impossible like it was before. Guess I'll give it a shot next time I'm at 0% xp. Phantasms and skeletons trivialize everything else, might as well give HoGM a shot too.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was just reading about it, sounds like the nerfs to block for Delve made it so anything decent should be able to clear it now?

Oh I suppose it could have, but you're still going to have a rough time with that Aegis dude cause he'll block minion attacks.

Vorph

I don't think he can get 100% block vs. my phantasms' spell projectiles anymore though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I can clear it on my fire nova mines char but it's hard so might end up taking a few maps. It's usually pretty cheap to buy a HoGM completion on 820, like 5c or something.

Edit to avoid back to back posts:

How much of an impact on damage would purity of ice + saffels (8max cold res) have on the uber elder fight? Could also probably toss in a sapphire flask instead of my atziri flask altho my damage would probably start to tank hard at that point since I can't afford taste of hate. I got my char up to 5500 life but was still taking too much damage for my leech to keep up (not trying to facetank tho).

NVM I went ahead and tried it and it hurt more than it helped haha.

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need practice on these bosses when they first come out and Ive never seen them.
Did anyone here make a build capable of clearing HoGM this league? My Soulwrest build is maxed out to the point where I'm spending exalts on jewels and there's literally nothing else left to buy because minion builds have such a low gear ceiling, so I'll probably grab a Perandus Manor soon and that will leave my atlas with only HoGM incomplete.

If not, anyone know what the going rate for HoGM (and Perandus for that matter) completion is these days?

You give the map loot to the clearer is usually the price in /trade 820, aka your map their loot. HOGM can be cleared by a ton of builds like arc traps, CwC builds, Fire Ele Hit, GC Mines, and almost anything that has high enough damage to one shot Dyness and the regen bastards. Chaos or low damage builds usually are the ones with issues in there.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looking for a bit of help on classic autobomber builds. I've played PP builds that are similar to this but I wanted to try a build that didn't require wands and Inpulsa(not so great for defense). So my goal is take the classic autobomber and hybridize it, make it tough enough to do some of the endgame bosses(all?).

To that end, I'm having trouble understanding which gems and gear are *required* for the autobomber to auto bomb. Do I need Herald of Thunder, or is just a convenient freeze trigger and shield charge and glacial cascade should be enough? Just how juiced up does Herald of Ice need to be to chain clear packs reliably in T16+?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I've seen that guide. I've played Inpulsa and Three Dragons, and Inpulsa and Call of The Brotherhood. I've played both in PP setups, they work, just felt a bit weak defensively. I was wondering if it was possible to do it without Inpulsa.

EDIT: More specifically, with something more defensive, like a Loreweave. Inspired by Mathils latest video, I'm trying to take his idea and merge it with an autobomber. The core is Assassin, Cospri's Malice, and a 4L HoI. Charge into a pack, Shield Charge crits, you cast Glacial Cascade, it freezes and kills a monster and the HoI chain starts. Then the rest of the build can be built around being tankier. That's the idea, at least. Having trouble getting the chaining part down.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I was using inpulsa for a few days while I was playing BV, it didn't really seem to be adding anything to my clear speed (nothing ever died unless I was hitting it with my bv). For that matter, only time I could really see it doing anything even remotely useful would be if you're blowing up white mobs and them dying helps take out a blue/yellow/boss that happens to be in the middle of them that for some reason doesn't get blown up by your normal damage anyways. Am I missing some trick/secret to this type of playstyle (it's the same for every "explode when mob dies" type of skill/build i've ever messed with)?

The one exception i've ever seen to this is herald of ash adding a tiny bit of aoe to clears when combined with something that hits hard enough that the overkill burn takes out the enemies it hits who avoided your main hit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Turned in these 16 keys, more fodder to contribute to the FoH card if we get motivated -

1539956110893.png

Starting to see RMT clowns from the trash Everquest EMU servers in PoE including the famous twins. PoE must be a gold mine for these shitlords.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was using inpulsa for a few days while I was playing BV, it didn't really seem to be adding anything to my clear speed (nothing ever died unless I was hitting it with my bv). For that matter, only time I could really see it doing anything even remotely useful would be if you're blowing up white mobs and them dying helps take out a blue/yellow/boss that happens to be in the middle of them that for some reason doesn't get blown up by your normal damage anyways. Am I missing some trick/secret to this type of playstyle (it's the same for every "explode when mob dies" type of skill/build i've ever messed with)?

The one exception i've ever seen to this is herald of ash adding a tiny bit of aoe to clears when combined with something that hits hard enough that the overkill burn takes out the enemies it hits who avoided your main hit.
If you're clearing packs already with ease, on-death-explosion skills won't help. They are generally meant to clean up stragglers.

The key to helping them increase your per-shot clear speed to make them chain themselves or each other. HoI can chain itself but has small AoE and damage. Inpulsa has small AoE and can't chain itself. So your build has to specifically fix those issues. Fixing both, together, seems to be the easiest, followed by just Inpulsa, and HoI last. I'm working on a classic autobomber currently and it seems getting HoI's damage and area up to a point where it will reliably 1-shot chain is beyond want I want to commit to because I'd also like the build to kill bosses.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I might have to resort to an Inpulsa though I'd really like that slot for toughness. Maybe a Mjolner build with Arc and convert some damage to cold.