Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Anyone done a Death's Oath Occultist build? Picked up a 3b 2g 1r Death's Oath last night, but concerned about single target damage.

I was thinking about doing one, the guide I saw single target seemed fine vs shaper. Not sure they were occulstist, i'll see if I can find it again to link.

Oh it was a Trickster

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Because people who don't start leagues the day they release might be less inclined to play if there are 17 people online after the first 3 weeks of a league?

In just a few hours of delving the past two days I found two Hidden Opulence chests and each dropped an exalt. It makes me want to try one more node, then one more, then one more. If they want my retention then they found the way.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I was thinking about doing one, the guide I saw single target seemed fine vs shaper. Not sure they were occulstist, i'll see if I can find it again to link.

Oh it was a Trickster

Man that is pure tism with the arcane surge shenanigans. I'mma make one some time.

Love a good 6S = 6L build like whispering ice

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I figured it'd be *great* for Delving. Temporal Chains and a badass chaos aura can't go wrong, right?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Don't start the league for over a month, finally start playing casually, drop an exalt in act 5 at lvl 39.

Goddammit.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Love a good 6S = 6L build like whispering ice

Check out Soulwrest builds if you like minions at all. Staff only needs 6S, and chest doesn't really need 6L either if you get a good pseudo 6L helmet. I use that with a 3L3L Belly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know they nerfed delve taxiing, but did they outright prevent selling of spawns? For instance, if someone has a Kurgal, is access to that Kurgal(and his achievements) still sellable? Got some exalts rotting in my bank and all my remaining achievements depend on RNG spawns in the mine.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm, Mjolner with Arc, Cospri's Malice with Glacial Cascade, and Static Strike. Someone tell me how stupid this is.

Saw Mathil's most recent video and thought it looked really fun. But, I wanted something with more clear speed, that's what the Mjolner and Arc is for. Yes, this is very similar to a poet's pen setup, but this solves a couple important issues with Poet's Pen: shit movement skills and very limited trigger skills.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know they nerfed delve taxiing, but did they outright prevent selling of spawns? For instance, if someone has a Kurgal, is access to that Kurgal(and his achievements) still sellable? Got some exalts rotting in my bank and all my remaining achievements depend on RNG spawns in the mine.

You can still sell the mine owner just cant leave the chunk. You can have the people youre selling to just AFK a node before so they dont fuck up your challenge.

Finally finished by far the worst challenges ever in a league for me. TY guys who helped me with elder guardian kills, I got some timeworn reliq keys as presents for you homies im going to give out. Fae or whoever you are, you are a fucking hero. I bought you 8 of these things you can keep or sell for the HH you wanted. I really appreciate your help and kindness sir.

1539609404626.png

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can still sell the mine owner just cant leave the chunk. You can have the people youre selling to just AFK a node before so they dont fuck up your challenge.

Finally finished by far the worst challenges ever in a league for me. TY guys who helped me with elder guardian kills, I got some timeworn reliq keys as presents for you homies im going to give out. Fae or whoever you are, you are a fucking hero. I bought you 8 of these things you can keep or sell for the HH you wanted. I really appreciate your help and kindness sir.

View attachment 179256

Oh, so people selling challenges in 820, you don't have to actually do the fight with them? That's a lot better than I was expecting.

I'm sitting at 32 challenges, almost 400 depth, haven't seen one Aul yet. I think they really fucked up the end game content distribution this league. There's a huge mental difference knowing how long a challenge will take on average, even if that ends up being long fucking time. It could be the next node or it could be 1000 nodes away, who the fuck knows. It's basically breach splinters(as an example of the right way to do it) all over again and it's astounding they keep fucking it up.

I've seen more regular liches(not Kurgals) than Vaal bosses. :confused:

Every time the "delve going core" topic come up, it's this stuff that makes me think otherwise. Delve's core concept is solid. The implementation is extremely rough and could cause a degradation in overall quality if it goes core. I still don't think they have the sulfite costs in the right place as you delve beyond 300.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time the "delve going core" topic come up, it's this stuff that makes me think otherwise. Delve's core concept is solid. The implementation is extremely rough and could cause a degradation in overall quality if it goes core. I still don't think they have the sulfite costs in the right place as you delve beyond 300.

I really hope they make Delve go core, but I agree with you that things need to be adjusted before doing so. Personally I don't chase achievements, but with that said the part that I don't like is that some achievements are locked behind extreme RNG. If there is no skill involved other than RNG luck and buying your way to completion as a viable option is bad design and not fun. Now with that said I'm not advocating that everyone should be able to complete everything, in fact quite the opposite. If you put in the time/effort you deserve more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope they make Delve go core, but I agree with you that things need to be adjusted before doing so. Personally I don't chase achievements, but with that said the part that I don't like is that some achievements are locked behind extreme RNG. If there is no skill involved other than RNG luck and buying your way to completion as a viable option is bad design and not fun. Now with that said I'm not advocating that everyone should be able to complete everything, in fact quite the opposite. If you put in the time/effort you deserve more.
They like to pick from previous league mechanics for some of their Encounters challenges. Can you imagine one next league but it's something silly like kill the Vaal boss without getting hit by one of his skills? I didn't even pick a skills, that would be the easy part of that challenge.

Actually, that's the hilarious part of the challenges this league. The ones they picked from other league mechanics were easy to do because you could just go buy more breachstones. Fuck up and take damage from Esh's nova? Just go buy another. Any one remember Encounters 1 from last league? Yeah, that was fun, finding a fucking rare ghost AND not one shotting it.

Caliane

I think theres a bit of a problem where incursion and delve basically fit the same gamespace. They already said Incursion was going base. which, creates a problem for making Delve go base. I did love Incursion. but I would admit, I would probably choose delve. and the choice should be one or the other, not both.

• 2Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, so people selling challenges in 820, you don't have to actually do the fight with them? That's a lot better than I was expecting.

I'm sitting at 32 challenges, almost 400 depth, haven't seen one Aul yet. I think they really fucked up the end game content distribution this league. There's a huge mental difference knowing how long a challenge will take on average, even if that ends up being long fucking time. It could be the next node or it could be 1000 nodes away, who the fuck knows. It's basically breach splinters(as an example of the right way to do it) all over again and it's astounding they keep fucking it up.

I've seen more regular liches(not Kurgals) than Vaal bosses. :confused:

Yeah as long as the map owner stays in node you're fine. You can also die if you fail any challenge and try again as long as you have sulphite in mines or portals left for breachlords / uber atziri. I fucked up the Xoph one until I learned his slam timing on the 2nd makes 10 geysers and would just die to reset. If your DPS is too high you can always just use a 1/2 link as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah as long as the map owner stays in node you're fine. You can also die if you fail any challenge and try again as long as you have sulphite in mines or portals left for breachlords / uber atziri. I fucked up the Xoph one until I learned his slam timing on the 2nd makes 10 geysers and would just die to reset. If your DPS is too high you can always just use a 1/2 link as well.
Sorry, I'm still a little confused. Someone says they're selling Kurgal 2 and 3. I buy the service, go to their mine, and just chill at the starting node while they kill Kurgal?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry, I'm still a little confused. Someone says they're selling Kurgal 2 and 3. I buy the service, go to their mine, and just chill at the starting node while they kill Kurgal?

Yessir, you seem to understand it 100%. The only real RNG one is Aul #4 which can goto shit depending on where the pods spawn, I would easily have paid well for that knowing it now.

Nirgon Nirgon add my trading toon, my other spellings are getting odd after so many chars - Delve_Trader

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yessir, you seem to understand it 100%. The only real RNG one is Aul #4 which can goto shit depending on where the pods spawn, I would easily have paid well for that knowing it now.

Nirgon Nirgon add my trading toon, my other spellings are getting odd after so many chars - Delve_Trader
Yeah, not going after Delve Boss III as I don't foresee myself doing 40/40.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can Taxi you guys to some Kurgals and Auhuatil's at lower depths like 200-600 but the only Auls i have to giveaway are at nasty levels like 1100 and 1198.

• 1Like