Path of Exile

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Turned in these 16 keys, more fodder to contribute to the FoH card if we get motivated -
I need all of you to figure out what the card is and let us know.

We can easily get one made just need people to be engaged. Now that this “season” is slowly wrapping up you all probably have more time to discuss if.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fires of Heaven, 5 cards gives level 21 Firestorm gem, "Consumed by Heaven's Fires, the Jolly Ranchers were no more."

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Hell yes lol look at the description for game plot

1539969165369.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone played around with Herald of Agony and/or Dancing Duo this league? I was thinking about trying one last build before RDR2 consumes all my time. I already have a +3 gems/L20 Minion Damage helmet and a big pile of life/flat phys/minion skill %dmg jewels, so the only large investments would be for L21/20 HoAg, L4 Empower, and a better chest than Belly (probably Kaom's). I was figuring on doing a Pathfinder like this dude's setup: poe.ninja since he seems to have gotten much deeper than anyone else not using the Shav's version that skips Agony in favor of spectres and animate guardian and isn't an option because I'm not about to buy a whole new set of abyss jewels with ES instead of life. No clue how it fares against uber elder though.

Do the stats on Dancing Duo itself even matter at all? The weapon slot is disabled when the sword pets spawn, and just they get the usual benefit from 6S gems like my current Soulwrest build. It doesn't seem like local phys damage or local IAS would do anything, but all the builds I look at seem to have went to the trouble of getting max/near-max sword rolls. Is there something special about the sword pets like they inherit the stats of the item when they are spawned?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Why doesn't anyone play standard? Is the economy mashed as everyone has so much money?

The reason I ask is I got talking to someone I did a trade with and he said standards OK if you're a bit noobie like me and quite casual.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Economy is a complete joke and there's no current league mechanics. Might be alright to learn the game on, but playing there seems completely pointless unless you're one of the weird people who spend endless amounts of currency trying to craft the #1 item of each type.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
yes, that's why I wanted to have a character there to play the end game mobs for a while so I can learn them a bit as it's been bewildering post t15 and if I got a carry on a mob it would feel totally shit. The economy thing doesn't really matter so much as i'm not looking to be geared that well anyway - plus i'd like to learn how to craft and maybe find out what stuff is good and bad as i've still no clue at all about the trading area of the game.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should play Delve Softcore rather than Standard imo. Standard is for when you really hate certain league mechanics like Bestiary.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I suppose I should consider the fact that i'm rushing into a 5 year old game! POE has quite a steep learning curve if you're new for sure. I'm in Delve softcore and enjoying it, the delving is actually risk v reward which is nice, but gating it with sulphite's a pita and the darkness lethality could do with tuning down a wee bit. Getting to over 300 seems a bit pointless as it just get's harder for no real reward? Unless you guy's have seen some ubertastic crap way down deep? Maybe a boss is down there or something, no idea.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rewards continue to get better the farther you go down, check out the videos of the dudes who made it to 3000 depth and all of their nodes are currency or maps or something else good.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Rewards continue to get better the farther you go down, check out the videos of the dudes who made it to 3000 depth and all of their nodes are currency or maps or something else good.

Don't think i'm equipped to hit 3000 in Delves right now! I've heard you get double the chests and stuff around 600 or so. But I'm not really sure I can grind it to 600, that's like grinding to 100. How much XP an hour are you guys that are making 100 doing in the last 4-5 levels? A good day for me is around 65-75 million an hour and I think that's nowhere near enough to get to 100..

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't think i'm equipped to hit 3000 in Delves right now! I've heard you get double the chests and stuff around 600 or so. But I'm not really sure I can grind it to 600, that's like grinding to 100. How much XP an hour are you guys that are making 100 doing in the last 4-5 levels? A good day for me is around 65-75 million an hour and I think that's nowhere near enough to get to 100..

XP scales so what youre making an hour at 96, 97, 98, 99 etc is vastly different. At 99 if you're hitting 40 million and holding at that pace you are the Michael Jordan of PoE. It's more about learning to ignore 99% of loot and pre-rolling inventories full of maps when you're serious about leveling.

At 600 you wont see as many trash rooms but the fossil and good ones arent really more noticeable until 1k+

This is a side path i stopped that had penetration mods at around depth 750 for reference

1539990406417.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Ill never see that kind of Delve unless i play 24/7, it's great its rewarding. So many games fuck that up. Maybe next ime tho.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Re Dancing Duo:

The stats are the inherent stats of the dervish itself. Ideally you want as high pdps on it as you can. Remember to get 6 sockets (not 6 linked) with all the right colors. Then most people corrupt it after that to try and get a good implicit. I think the "socketed lvl 10 accuracy" gem is one of the better ones, but there are a lot of good potential corruptions.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Can you even get to 600+ without playing a cheese build? I've been getting smashed at 250+ even if it has mediocre mods and sometimes I die 5+ times trying a path if it has hard mods on it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
???

Is the majority of delve mob damage physical? I can't imagine just being a jugg will stop you from getting raped by mobs at 500+ when they have a damage mod or 2 and maybe some pen but maybe i'm wrong? How deep are people going that aren't playing zerphi's PP builds or maybe LGOH molten strike?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
XP scales so what youre making an hour at 96, 97, 98, 99 etc is vastly different. At 99 if you're hitting 40 million and holding at that pace you are the Michael Jordan of PoE. It's more about learning to ignore 99% of loot and pre-rolling inventories full of maps when you're serious about leveling.

At 600 you wont see as many trash rooms but the fossil and good ones arent really more noticeable until 1k+

This is a side path i stopped that had penetration mods at around depth 750 for reference

View attachment 179844

95+ is a whole nother level of beard. I'm too much of a normie now to ever do it again.

Caliane

Anyone played around with Herald of Agony and/or Dancing Duo this league? I was thinking about trying one last build before RDR2 consumes all my time. I already have a +3 gems/L20 Minion Damage helmet and a big pile of life/flat phys/minion skill %dmg jewels, so the only large investments would be for L21/20 HoAg, L4 Empower, and a better chest than Belly (probably Kaom's). I was figuring on doing a Pathfinder like this dude's setup: poe.ninja since he seems to have gotten much deeper than anyone else not using the Shav's version that skips Agony in favor of spectres and animate guardian and isn't an option because I'm not about to buy a whole new set of abyss jewels with ES instead of life. No clue how it fares against uber elder though.

Do the stats on Dancing Duo itself even matter at all? The weapon slot is disabled when the sword pets spawn, and just they get the usual benefit from 6S gems like my current Soulwrest build. It doesn't seem like local phys damage or local IAS would do anything, but all the builds I look at seem to have went to the trouble of getting max/near-max sword rolls. Is there something special about the sword pets like they inherit the stats of the item when they are spawned?
yes, DD uses its own stats. why would you think it doesnt? like animated weapon, of war glove enchant, etc.
This build seems super solid. My issue is... its an herald of agony build, with DD for giggles. Now, the idea of combining the two is of course terrific. agony is spawn on hit, so, one of the main problems with DD is solved, very easily. (it spawns on kill, after rampage.)
But this build doesnt actually gain anything I can see, from using DD.