Path of Exile

Elerion

N00b
The totem still requires positioning that totem builds are not set up to deal with. Unless it deals absolutely ridiculous damage it won't beat the safety of Spork or Ice Spears.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do not disagree with this in the slightest. Maybe the totem unique will allow you to use one extra searing bond totem only. If you only need one searing bond totem to make it link to all totems then one searing plus spark, EK, fp, Inc, flame totem, fireball, or spears build would be awesome. It would almost seem like a support gem then although it would require the trade off of using a required unique to work. (and casting three totems)

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Just tried the 8min race. Was pretty funny haha. Got killed rushing past those shitty Rhoas.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Lol 8 minute race? That's nuts. So basically it would just come down to whoever got runspeed boots do drop off of Brutus in the first zone.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Yea, RNG plays a big part in these short races but also means that noobs like me has a possibility of winning against HC gamers like Kripp.

Gonna play Cutthroat races next week too. Gonna be awesome. Which of you pussies will enter? COME AT ME BROS

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
"If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party."

Interesting...

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha goddamnit. Perpetus (City of Sarn) has now killed my last 2 hardcore toons. One at lvl 51 in cruel, the other at lvl 33 in normal. Fuck that thing...never fighting him again
Bear traps make him or any boss like him much much easier, he used to serve me also until I started using a tanking totem + bear traps.

Dungeon boss is one I have to let Past or whoever I run maps with solo normally
frown.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the bastard chain bear trapped me before I could do it to him. My last 2 builds were real heavy on life, ES, and avoidance, but almost no armor, so his insane physical damage with bear traps and EK just blew me up.

Trying out a bow-using Marauder this time around, and going with Armor/ES gear. Finding it difficult to keep up with dex requirements on green gems so far, but hoping that becomes less of an issues as gear gets better, I'm only in Act 2 normal so far after restarting yesterday.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The lvl 1 bear trap will work fine, you can also Temp Chains him easy / Taunt totem. I can keep most bosses locked down by chain summoning taunt totems when they drop to 20% start the next summon sans that bastard blacksmith.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Any advice on a fun fresh HC build (no items/currency to twink out with etc)? The forums are of no use to me, most of those builds are built around high end sets. Would like to be able to eventually do high level maps with this char too (on HC of course). Summoner witches no-go, not my style.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any advice on a fun fresh HC build (no items/currency to twink out with etc)? The forums are of no use to me, most of those builds are built around high end sets. Would like to be able to eventually do high level maps with this char too (on HC of course). Summoner witches no-go, not my style.
http://www.exilepro.com/builds

Those builds explain what theyre about, and give you general tips/where you should be at certain points, etc.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
HC is a little rough starting out, expect it to be slow going with no stash gear to twink out your character to start. I think I lost my first HC character around level 33, want to say it was in the Act 3 sewers when some lightning warp dudes raped me good.

Each HC character after that has been getting easier and easier though as I have a stash of twink gear to draw on. Just make sure to save every unique ring, amulet, boots with runspeed, and +life items that you come across. They are invaluable on characters. Now by the time I get to level 33ish and the end of Act 1, I have about twice as much HP and defense as my first character did, thanks to stockpiling gear from previous runs. Much, much easier.

As someone who has been soloing all the way, it's not easy, but if you aren't using a pre-built plan from a site like Exilepro, make sure you plan out a path that takes you through a lot of life nodes for survivability. Preferably the life node groupings that have a large one(10% or more) mixed in.

I still haven't made it to merciless yet, died to Piety on Cruel on my character that got the farthest, lvl 55. Fun stuff though.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The lvl 1 bear trap will work fine, you can also Temp Chains him easy / Taunt totem. I can keep most bosses locked down by chain summoning taunt totems when they drop to 20% start the next summon sans that bastard blacksmith.
level 1 bear traps wont work. Bear trap immobilizes based on the damage they do.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
HC is a little rough starting out, expect it to be slow going with no stash gear to twink out your character to start. I think I lost my first HC character around level 33, want to say it was in the Act 3 sewers when some lightning warp dudes raped me good.

Each HC character after that has been getting easier and easier though as I have a stash of twink gear to draw on. Just make sure to save every unique ring, amulet, boots with runspeed, and +life items that you come across. They are invaluable on characters. Now by the time I get to level 33ish and the end of Act 1, I have about twice as much HP and defense as my first character did, thanks to stockpiling gear from previous runs. Much, much easier.

As someone who has been soloing all the way, it's not easy, but if you aren't using a pre-built plan from a site like Exilepro, make sure you plan out a path that takes you through a lot of life nodes for survivability. Preferably the life node groupings that have a large one(10% or more) mixed in.

I still haven't made it to merciless yet, died to Piety on Cruel on my character that got the farthest, lvl 55. Fun stuff though.
Yea after looking at the site i'm gonna try to follow(ish) the lightning strike eldritch battery shadow. I never took one of my chars from before past level 25ish so yea i'm expecting it to take a few tries.

Troll_sl

shitlord
They really need to fill in some categories with uniques. No 1h axes? Flasks? Other shit? And how many ES robes are there? Shit's out of hand.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They really need to fill in some categories with uniques. No 1h axes? Flasks? Other shit? And how many ES robes are there? Shit's out of hand.
Actually someone bitched about 1H axes recently and one of the devs said they're adding two soonish, but they have to add new tech for them to work. Which means they should be at least pretty different than the usual uniques. They could just add a +gooderer -nerferer axe for specific builds or whatever but that would be pretty boring I think. Maybe one of them will be a throwing axe, like the torchlight 2, it's pretty cool shit even though I'm not sure how it'd work with skills though(in TL2 it didn't but autoattack was a ton more viable however).

There used to be unique flasks in closed beta a long time ago, they got removed for whatever reason but they might be coming back too. Overall while many of the recent uniques had interesting stats, most didn't have an actual unique property, just mods based off existing passives.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The backlog of diamond supporter uniques is over 200. They are adding new uniques with every patch right now