Path of Exile

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finally saw my first ever exalted orb drop just a few minutes ago. Have probably played over 300 levels of this game (have a lvl 71 and a few low 60s in softcore, and have taken a couple hardcore characters into the 50s). Damn rare drop. For comparisons sake, I've probably seen 10-15 unique/legendary items in that same timeframe.
That's one thing I really don't get about some of these item sales. People asking for 10, 20, or even 40 exalted...what the fuck? I think anything priced over one is stupid.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's one thing I really don't get about some of these item sales. People asking for 10, 20, or even 40 exalted...what the fuck? I think anything priced over one is stupid.
Well when you get a well-rolled 6L chest I'm sure you'll be willing to sell it for 1exalt instead of the 10 exalts (or whatever) you can get !

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Haha goddamnit. Perpetus (City of Sarn) has now killed my last 2 hardcore toons. One at lvl 51 in cruel, the other at lvl 33 in normal. Fuck that thing...never fighting him again

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well when you get a well-rolled 6L chest I'm sure you'll be willing to sell it for 1exalt instead of the 10 exalts (or whatever) you can get !
Well of course, but do people really have that? That's more my point than anything. With the amount of currency I have gathered over 200+ levels, I'm not even close to the prices people ask. Tried to buy a decent neckalce, nothing too crazy a few minutes ago, and the dude wanted 13 chaos. He linked over 100 necks/rings for sale, seems like they wouldn't care as much.

Get on tuco, lets run some maps~

Edit: Now that I think about it, 200 levels doesn't mean much when my highest is 71. There just must be people out there with absurd hours of total /played.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well of course, but do people really have that? That's more my point than anything. With the amount of currency I have gathered over 200+ levels, I'm not even close to the prices people ask. Tried to buy a decent neckalce, nothing too crazy a few minutes ago, and the dude wanted 13 chaos. He linked over 100 necks/rings for sale, seems like they wouldn't care as much.

Get on tuco, lets run some maps~

Edit: Now that I think about it, 200 levels doesn't mean much when my highest is 71. There just must be people out there with absurd hours of total /played.
Yeah I was bitching about that earlier in the thread. People are way too unmotivated to move goods, especially for low prices since the opportunity cost of selling something for 1chaos is too high.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pyros what if they made it so you could cast this skill while casting/channeling other skills? Cyclone build plus searing bond totem?

I've found 2 unique items so far, lvl 42. Both have been major upgrades... kudos to PoE for not completely fucking up a pillar of the hack n slash adventure rpg genre.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone still running maps in softcore? i havent seen krassus or tuco on in a while. trying to avoid pugs but not finding many people around

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyros what if they made it so you could cast this skill while casting/channeling other skills? Cyclone build plus searing bond totem?
But you can. I don't think you understand how the spell is going to work. It's a totem. You cast it, then the totem cast searing bond on you. It's not a spell you cast on your totem. It's like Decoy Totem or Rejuvenation Totem, you summon the totem and it casts searing bond on you until it dies or expires, there's no further control required. That still doesn't make it better than having a spell totem that does damage and add side effects, such as a freezing pulse totem.

As for the exalted discussion, I've never looted an exalted, but I've had many exalted worth of goods over time easily. Had 40alchs at some point, multiple stacks of chaos, a couple of divines, over 20 GCPs, 150 fusings or so overall counting the jewellers, regrets and scourings etc. Also found 2 chains, which was basically 2 exalteds at the time. People who have many exalted didn't loot their exalted, they traded other stuff for exalteds to make it easier to buy expensive shit or in case they needed them. Now you might not have accumulated that wealth cause you're using your currency as you get it, but there's no doubt you've had enough to buy multiple exalted over the course of such a long time as 300levels, unless you're very very very unlucky.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The 0.10.5c patchnotes made me chuckle:
"Fixed a bug where a totem (summoned by a trap) that created minions would create them dead."
I kinda wish I saw that in action.

Finally saw my first ever exalted orb drop just a few minutes ago. Have probably played over 300 levels of this game (have a lvl 71 and a few low 60s in softcore, and have taken a couple hardcore characters into the 50s). Damn rare drop. For comparisons sake, I've probably seen 10-15 unique/legendary items in that same timeframe.
Congratulations! I've found 2 of them over about 10 days played across all my characters.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
But you can. I don't think you understand how the spell is going to work. It's a totem. You cast it, then the totem cast searing bond on you. It's not a spell you cast on your totem. It's like Decoy Totem or Rejuvenation Totem, you summon the totem and it casts searing bond on you until it dies or expires, there's no further control required. That still doesn't make it better than having a spell totem that does damage and add side effects, such as a freezing pulse totem.

As for the exalted discussion, I've never looted an exalted, but I've had many exalted worth of goods over time easily. Had 40alchs at some point, multiple stacks of chaos, a couple of divines, over 20 GCPs, 150 fusings or so overall counting the jewellers, regrets and scourings etc. Also found 2 chains, which was basically 2 exalteds at the time. People who have many exalted didn't loot their exalted, they traded other stuff for exalteds to make it easier to buy expensive shit or in case they needed them. Now you might not have accumulated that wealth cause you're using your currency as you get it, but there's no doubt you've had enough to buy multiple exalted over the course of such a long time as 300levels, unless you're very very very unlucky.
Calmly, calmly. I heard you the first time you said it was a totem not a skill. Where I am leading with this is the ability to re-position the totem while in the middle of cycloning. One of the biggest problems end game is getting stunned, frozen, knocked back, etc. and cyclone inherently protects from stun and knockback leaving on freeze, range and reflect to deal with. If you have to stop cycloning to re-cast searing bond totem then you risk being hit, stunned, knockbacked etc making it useless. If you can recast the searing bond totem (say behind the ranged monsters) while you cyclone the melee without every stopping that would useful.

It still would not make searing bond totem better then xx number of other builds but I am just thinking out loud here. I haven't actually used the cyclone ability so if you can aready reposition totems while cycling that would make it useful for those builds.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
anyone still running maps in softcore? i havent seen krassus or tuco on in a while. trying to avoid pugs but not finding many people around
Venjik and I have ran them a bit. I don't see you much due to time zone differences, I'm Est. I save all my maps to at least duo with you, tuco, or venjik.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive been on during daytime hours mostly and still have a 1/2 tab full of them. Will probably be on Friday all day again, doubtful ill get any playtime at night this week / weekend until
Sat night.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Yeah... totem builds are definately going to get a buff...

proxy.jpg

Caliane

Scroll a few posts back. They introduced multi strike, and within 25 minutes we have builds that are unkillable.
while some of that stuff looks lol vs trash. Multistrike+flicker is probably instant suicide verses any reflect.

Searing bond totems look amazing.

Too many games, haven't been able to sit down and play PoE.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So it links between totems too, that's nice. Still have to see the damage though. The +1 totem unique is going to be pretty strong, better have some severe drawbacks.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So it links between totems too, that's nice. Still have to see the damage though. The +1 totem unique is going to be pretty strong, better have some severe drawbacks.
+1 totem unique? I imagine the 10 exalted cost of the thing will be one drawback.