Path of Exile

Rathmort_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure Kripp isn't making "no money". His daily youtube uploads are getting 20-30k views within a few days and most end up over 50k.

Elerion

N00b
Scroll a few posts back. They introduced multi strike, and within 25 minutes we have builds that are unkillable.
Are you talking about the level 68+ well geared flicker striker that almost dies to a regular mob pack in a level 63 zone in his 2 minute video?

Any top tier build with the same level and gear would kill those mobs just as fast with less risk.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The example builds in the video I posted looks fun but how efficient are they in high end play? I am not talking about Docks or Fellshrine Ruins like in the video but maps. Flickerstriking like that with no control around mobs seems like an excellent way to get yourself killed on a reflect mob or if the mob doesn't die or desync. I cannot say if they are viable or not but it does look like fun. Dominating strike seems interesting in building an army of mobs but seems a bit unreliable to me because there is a time limit on these mobs under your control and would you want to go fighting a unique or boss where there are not many mobs around for you to control (i.e Warden and Piety). Also, it isn't just a case of just throwing the gems the sockets and press buttons. You have to plan the synergy between gems, gear, sockets and your whole passive skill tree (do you take atk speed? hp regen? life steal? mana regen?) to make it optimal. Quite a lot of thought involved.

What these gems does though is clearly make melee builds much more viable and shortens the disparity gap against ranged builds. That is the beauty of this game. You gives you the option of trying out interesting builds and not limiting you to just one play style. All kind of builds worked for Diablo 2 as with this game. It doesn't make the game much easier because the game doesn't end with Act 3.

Check out this map. Pretty insane and I am sure the majority of the playerbase will struggle to even attempt it

jWjzFsN.png

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Totem builds are going to get a boost in next patch

Taken from the main site

The patch we're deploying this Friday (0.10.6) contains a new Strength/Intelligence skill called Searing Bond. It creates a totem that fires a beam of fire at you. Any monster caught in the beam suffers burning damage. If you have multiple totems, it'll send beams to all of them as well.
SearingBond.jpg

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wonder if/how it might work with chain/fork. Any dual totem HP fire build starting from marauder side should be good. Assuming it doesn't work with chain/fork/lmp/gmp then searing bond + spell totem + faster casting ought to be standard. Optional being fire pen., added damage, added burn. Cheap build to make but range Will be the biggest problem although if you build the tankiest build you can designed to take hits maybe you can run around mobs with searing bond from your totem linked to you.

/theorycraft

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like Agannazar's Scorcher
w2_agannazarsscorcher_s.jpg

It's usefullness all depends on how much damage it can do. frankly any spells where you need to precise are at a huge disadvantage. When running in large groups there's so much bullshit on the screen I literally can't tell when where the mobs are and just freezing pulse where people are shooting. It's so chaotic that sometimes I'm reminded of

WHATEVERS NOT SHOOTING WHAT IM SHOOTING BECOMES WHAT IM SHOOTING

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like Agannazar's Scorcher
w2_agannazarsscorcher_s.jpg

It's usefullness all depends on how much damage it can do. frankly any spells where you need to precise are at a huge disadvantage. When running in large groups there's so much bullshit on the screen I literally can't tell when where the mobs are and just freezing pulse where people are shooting. It's so chaotic that sometimes I'm reminded of

WHATEVERS NOT SHOOTING WHAT IM SHOOTING BECOMES WHAT IM SHOOTING
I agree with you and the more I think about it the less Useful this seems against groups and ranged monsters. Not when there are universally better options. Wonder what the full text of the spell will be.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They still haven't added an option to turn off spell effects for other people yet? Miehhhhhh

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They made auras a lot less noticeable and made spell effects more efficient (ex: only the most recent arrows in rain of arrows are shown)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The new totem looks fun but in terms of efficiency seems absolutely awful unless it does a billion dmg. It's fire, most likely small repeated hits(burning does jackshit), it has a very small area of effect, relies on you dropping a totem ahead of you which generally means the totem will die semi instantly anyway, I really don't see a point unless you're a melee and want a totem for more dmg, which you can already do currenctly with existing options and better choices(for example freezing pulse totem, ice nova totem, basically stuff that can chill and reduce dmg on you).

As for the setup Selix, it's not a normal spell, it's a totem. You don't need to link spell totem to it, it'll be like Flame Totem for example, only that instead of shooting flames in a line, it shoots a laser back to you. Most likely not a projectile however so no LMP/GMP?for dmg boost, so I really don't see much of an advantage over flametotem unless it does insane insane dmg. Faster Casting and Fire Pen are probably the ony things I see working on it, which means it'll be shitty in terms of supports too, gonna have to use Added dmg stuff but since it'll most likely be a lot of small hits with a lower dmg effectiveness, it's not gonna be good at procing shocks or freezes either, making it even more subpar. Maybe Crit%/Crit dmg.

We'll see, but so far I'd say it's the worst spell they've added in a long time.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It could make a 2-totem build a little more interesting (instead of sit around and wait)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It could make a 2-totem build a little more interesting (instead of sit around and wait)
Interesting but most likely worse. Spark totems cover the entire screen with sparks that hit basically in all and every directions, ice spear GMP totems have the massive freezing, this does dmg in a very small surface instead and require you to move around and line shit up correctly and what not. That's why I said, unless the damage is out of this world, I don't see this being very useful. Now if it does like 400-500dmg/sec at least to everything in it, I could see it being worth the annoyance of having to position correctly and shit. But otherwise meh.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Question about 2-totem builds. Are you only restricted from casting offensive spells when the second totem is out, or is it set up so that once you take that skill you can never cast another offensive spell again, regardless of what totems are currently active?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can only use basic attack when you have ancestral totem regardless of how many are out.

Pyros if they allow it to work with chain/fork then it would be interesting. Still not as effective as any other dual totem build but interesting. That is assuming that it's second form would not link back to the totems otherwise it might be OP. Just think of it chaining between mobs like a lattice. But like you say it's not a projectile.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Basic attack does nothing. You do no damage directly, which means attacks, spells, basic attacks, none of these do dmg. What does dmg is summon-type dmg, such as totems(duh), mines, traps and minions(zombie, skeleton, spectres, dominated mobs, converted mobs). You can also proc stuff, so for example you can generate frenzy charges with frenzy or power charges with power siphon(culling strike works too as a support).

And I don't see how it could be considered a projectile. Even if it was, it's piercing, so fork/chain wouldn't work anyway.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would be interesting if they changed it such that it chained to nearby allies or spectres. Having it on minions would be lulzy but would trivialize getting it to hit mobs.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
You guys interested in forming a party to take on season 2 races? Seems like good fun competing in those events.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Question about 2-totem builds. Are you only restricted from casting offensive spells when the second totem is out, or is it set up so that once you take that skill you can never cast another offensive spell again, regardless of what totems are currently active?
'on-hit' abilities still trigger even though you do no damage. On my 2-totem build, I set-up a FP with: GMP, LoH, Blind, Faster Proj. to throw around when my totems are down and I have nothing else to do.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Finally saw my first ever exalted orb drop just a few minutes ago. Have probably played over 300 levels of this game (have a lvl 71 and a few low 60s in softcore, and have taken a couple hardcore characters into the 50s). Damn rare drop. For comparisons sake, I've probably seen 10-15 unique/legendary items in that same timeframe.