Path of Exile

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
For the new(er) players. This streamer/player has been brought up many times before, but it's worth repeating if you don't want to dig back to earlier posts:

Engineering Eternity has the highest quality content out there and a lot of it is tailored for new players.

Engineering Eternity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, you can get pretty far with that build. Let me know if you want any gear, I got a ton of high level stuff that's just rotting in my stash.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Deathwing6

JuggLivesMatter is the character name.
Thanks, gonna see how far I get. Can't play a ton with the kids and shit but just trying to.play through and see where I get

@a_skeleton_03 thanks for the video. Been building to that but never saw it in action

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Here is the build I am going to follow.

Thoughts?

[3.4]Poison Spectral Throw Assassin Build - Odealo's Crafty Guide

I already have Last Resort claw.
That seems like a weird way to level up, I think it'd work just as well to level spectral throw with heralds for flat damage and then switch to poison variant later, rather than try to use both Blight(spell) and Viper Strike(attack) on the same char, with Viper Strike being fairly weapon dependant. Might work though I haven't really dabbled into this kind of build, I just don't know how good Blight is for leveling. Once at cap Spectral is pretty strong if you do the claw variant due to The Wasp Nest being a pretty busted weapon(and generally super cheap since it's common and poison isn't super meta).

I tend to avoid builds on this site though, they're not really player tested and they mostly serve as a promotional tool for their gold selling stuff. They list a fuckton of uniques for the leveling part of the build although realistically you won't have the currency to buy it all and it'd be a waste to anyway, you can just level on self found rares with any decent build.

For basic ele ST leveling, look into getting a flat ele claw instead, rare probably better, just as much ele damage as you can, use herald of thunder and ice, link to LMP(GMP once you have it), Added Lightning, Elemental damage with attacks. Probably can mow down stuff easily until maps/wasp nest with that then convert to chaos build. Maybe skip the poison node until you switch. I haven't touched ST in forever though so might not work out that well and the tree/ascendency doesn't support much to help it.

Alternatively focus on Blight leveling, ignore Viper/weapons, just do Blight with a Wither totem and Essence Drain for single target. Basically chaos caster until you reach the stuff to change. You'd want to change the leveling stuff though so you don't get all the claw nodes early, getting Method to Madness, Atrophy and Growth and Decay for chaos/dot damage instead, and respecing out of these into claw nodes later on.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i'm doing this build Arc Witch right now and enjoying it a tooooooooon vs the melee viper strike pet build i was using. Seem'd to get quick results with pretty crappy gear.
Spells generally scale a lot better for leveling, because they're not as gear(especially weapon) dependant. Also attack builds tend to feel kinda shit until you reach enough attackspeed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was already starting with Spectral Throw and LMP for leveling.

I more so meant how does the build look in terms of Passive Tree etc

Thanks for the tips!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was already starting with Spectral Throw and LMP for leveling.

I more so meant how does the build look in terms of Passive Tree etc

Thanks for the tips!
Oh once you get to the high end it should be fine I think. Mathil had a poison spectral throw build and I think it worked out fine, was a while ago but iirc there's been mostly buffs to it? I think the poison nerfs were before that. So it should work out fine. If you don't end up liking it you'll just reroll something else anyway, I know I spent the first 2months playing this just rerolling stuff constantly, and that was in beta back when there were like half the skills there are now. That's a large part of the fun in PoE, trying out various builds see how they perform. Not everyone likes the same thing either and people can be fine with lesser performances if the playstyle is fun. For example I tend to favor minion builds and a lot aren't nearly as efficient as the standard meta clearing builds, but I still like them.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
i'm doing this build Arc Witch right now and enjoying it a tooooooooon vs the melee viper strike pet build i was using. Seem'd to get quick results with pretty crappy gear.

Youre one of my favorite people on earth, say the word and ill make you rich as a motherfucker in the league. I can also loan you a headhunter if you want in league or in standard.

HMU on Discord if you need anything at all, I have a_skeleton_03 and others living the dream guilded with 17 year olds and my autistic guildies from LimiT

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey what’s the trick to get invited to this guild, I’m assuming it’s not the foh guild since hardly anyone’s been on lately. Plus I would love to be on a shortlist to borrow a hh lol

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Youre one of my favorite people on earth, say the word and ill make you rich as a motherfucker in the league. I can also loan you a headhunter if you want in league or in standard.

HMU on Discord if you need anything at all, I have a_skeleton_03 and others living the dream guilded with 17 year olds and my autistic guildies from LimiT
Casually you forgot us tanking together for highmaul and being best friends