Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Friends and I doing a no-rare, no-blue item league. Only blues/rares going to come from crafting. They want to also get rid of vendor recipes which I was against, but with no blues/rares to vendor is mostly pointless anyways (outside of 20% gems etc).

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Doesn't this mean he is going to be caught up in GGG bullshit and won't be updating PoB? Isn't this fucking terrible for the community?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hopefully he's just making an official version of PoB. Basically the way they destroyed PoE trade with the official trade API. They're probably just going to have them work on their official tree calculator and tooltips.

Probably means we'll be getting an official GGG PathOfBuilding.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Naw, he said already he's on Mark's team and will be dealing with item/skill stats primarily. He actually got minion info from Mark during his interview at GGG. I suspect GGG will either carve out time from his schedule so that he can update it, or they won't and he'll turn the project over when he gets slow on updating it, but I doubt they'll create an official version anytime soon.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All the talk about Diablo made me itch for a good ARPG. Never played D3 and not going to give those cunts any money, so I decided to give this a go again.

I've only ever played Standard up to lvl 24, so I started Delve Hardcore with a friend last night. I'm enjoying Spectral Throw skill so far.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spectral Throw can be pretty expensive to make good, but it was the first skill I used to make it to maps as well.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw they had the special stash on sale. Any other must buys? My limited time at 30 or so and playing a Templar minion build with Herald of Purity. Fuck you, you will serve the light!

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Is there some kind of trick to gearing up in this game or is everything just pure RNG luck. I hit lvl 50 few days ago and i keep getting my ass handed to me in act 6.
The problem i keep running into is that almost all the gear that drops is completely useless to my class or that the level 45 ish mobs drop gear several levels bellow theirs.
I collected some of the currency orbs but i dont have enough to be experimenting around without a plan.
As the game will get much harder as i progress what would you recommend for gearing up?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Inb4 git gud

In reality I’ll be waiting with bated breath for the advice you get.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Look for good uniques here: Unique item

Buy them at PoE Goods

Mostly you want to focus on life and resists on your gear, if your resists are not capped by act 4 you're gonna have a bad time moving forward. An additional socket will give you more damage than pretty much any piece of gear you can get while leveling, so look at buying a Tabula Rasa or a 5 socket chest by level 40 or so if you can swing it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Saw they had the special stash on sale. Any other must buys? My limited time at 30 or so and playing a Templar minion build with Herald of Purity. Fuck you, you will serve the light!

Currency Stash
Map Stash
Pack of 4 additional tabs so you can start selling.

Those will be all you need to get going.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The priority while level is usually: cap resists > life > movement speed(boots) > 4L > Damage(from weapon).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don't be afraid to ask questions. No one here is going to defend the game's complexity being noob unfriendly. There's simply a lot in the game that you learn because someone else told you, not because the game did.

For example, did you know when you get a prophecy, it prerolls which tilesets(maps) it can appear? Meaning if you get a sweet strongbox prophecy and it doesn't preroll for your Elder UGS map, it will NEVER appear there until you seal and reapply it.

I didn't know this until a few months ago and I'm closing on 2400 hours played. That said, prophecy is a bit clunky and I only participate in it casually. But still, always some new rock to turn over in this game.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The problem is I don't know what I don't know if that makes sense. I'm following a molten strike build right now to the tee, so we'll see what happens

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Look for good uniques here: Unique item

Buy them at PoE Goods

Mostly you want to focus on life and resists on your gear, if your resists are not capped by act 4 you're gonna have a bad time moving forward. An additional socket will give you more damage than pretty much any piece of gear you can get while leveling, so look at buying a Tabula Rasa or a 5 socket chest by level 40 or so if you can swing it.

Thanks on the tip.

I just logged in quickly to check out my resists and get that stash deal, i go back to act 5 to mess around and first mob drops a decent rare Hammer with cold resist which i was low on, attack speed boost and 4 linked sockets that fit perfectly to my current skills.

Praise be unto RNGeesus and James James his lucky charm.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
FTFY

Movement speed > more movement speed > 3 speed flasks > 5k life

Noodleface Noodleface come under my wing child, please ask away
Sure, movement speed is a high priority. The only place where it conflicts with resists and life is in the boot slot, so I didn't feel like it was worth the clarification.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, movement speed is a high priority. The only place where it conflicts with resists and life is in the boot slot, so I didn't feel like it was worth the clarification.

Im just more messing with you, for sure you are on point for newer players.