Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
i'm doing this build Arc Witch right now and enjoying it a tooooooooon vs the melee viper strike pet build i was using. Seem'd to get quick results with pretty crappy gear.

lol wtf. This is the build I had been using 75% of the league, and damn near everyone here was telling me how fucking shitty of a build it was compared to using PP Arc.

Yall confusing.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
lol wtf. This is the build I had been using 75% of the league, and damn near everyone here was telling me how fucking shitty of a build it was compared to using PP Arc.

Yall confusing.
Wasnt me! I'm a PoE noob.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Yall confusing.
Context is important. We'll tell janx his build is shit once he knows enough to understand it.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Self casting is a good starting point to the game. Once you're experienced enough you should probably switch it up to PP because it's just more efficient, until they nerf PP, which I assume they'll eventually do.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I keep hearing this game is so good but god damn that talent tree. I feel like I can't even start. Everyone's like "No, just use one of these starter builds." Read the articles and have no fucking clue what the are talking about and I have to download an app to plan the build? Shit's crazy.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I keep hearing this game is so good but god damn that talent tree. I feel like I can't even start. Everyone's like "No, just use one of these starter builds." Read the articles and have no fucking clue what the are talking about and I have to download an app to plan the build? Shit's crazy.

You don't have to do any of this. EEs youtube was just linked and he has guides to numerous starter builds. You can choose to download an app to make following the build easier, or you can just follow the build on the forum.

But ya, if you want to start up this game you'll have to put in a little effort in the beginning.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The talent tree scared me the first few times I tried to play. This time I pickrd a build and just went for it. I'm already figuring out why the author picked the paths he picked and thinking about my next char.

Just beat act 5. Kind of lame for part two of the game. But it's more content than d3 had

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel around 20, shit kinda starts making sense. You get what you’re doing.

Also, I’m a fucking moron. I was gaming my sockets because i thought they had to touch to benefit from support. So I was trying to do support active support active. On my 4 piece not realizing that both actives got both supports.

The more you know!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

yes, All gems in a linked chain effect every other gem.
You can have 2 active skills, with multiple supports. the supports then buffing each Active skill.
In MOST cases ORDER dos not matter. There are a few isolated instances where it does however. Order does technically follow, top right, in chain to bottom left.

The only time this matters, is when using some "trigger" abilities. Example, Curse on hit. Curse on hit, will apply the socketed CURSE, or Curses on hit, when using a linked active skillgem, that hits. Orb of storms for example. Now, normally, enemies can only have 1 curse applied to them from all sources. if you run, OoS+CoH+ 2 curses. lets say, Warlords mark, AND temp chains, in that order linked. The orb of storms will hit, applying Warlords mark, then ALSO instantly apply temp chains. Becuase the enemy can only have 1 curse, and its warlords, then tempchains. Warlords will be instantly overwritten. Swap the support position, and the opposite will occur.
And to be clear, its not alternating or anything. it is applying both curses on a single hit. however, they are activated in order of the links.

And of course there are ways to increase the curse limit. Occulist or items.
Also while at it, When a skill is given via an item, ALL sockets in the item effect the skill regardless if they are linked. example, " Grants Level 1 Icestorm Skill " Whispering ice does not need to be 6linked, only 6socket, for ideal.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The talent tree scared me the first few times I tried to play. This time I pickrd a build and just went for it. I'm already figuring out why the author picked the paths he picked and thinking about my next char.

Just beat act 5. Kind of lame for part two of the game. But it's more content than d3 had
What's lame? The fact that they reuse essentially the first part the game again? I mean, yeah, I guess. They're quite honest about it, though. When acts 6-10 were in development, Chris Wilson was explicit that they were trying to reuse as many assets as possible. If you go looking for it, it's quite easy to see.

Honestly, doesn't bother me much since it's an ARPG. Repetition is the name of the game. Whatever frees them up to devote more resources to gameplay and mechanics is good in my book.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still can’t say I’ve played a game where the holy warrior class has a version that resurrects corpses to serve as Holy Spirit minions.

Power of Christ compels you, bitch.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's lame? The fact that they reuse essentially the first part the game again? I mean, yeah, I guess. They're quite honest about it, though. When acts 6-10 were in development, Chris Wilson was explicit that they were trying to reuse as many assets as possible. If you go looking for it, it's quite easy to see.

Honestly, doesn't bother me much since it's an ARPG. Repetition is the name of the game. Whatever frees them up to devote more resources to gameplay and mechanics is good in my book.
Yeah I mean I get it, I just would prefer the difficulty model I guess but it doesn't bother.me. It's a very minor gripe

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Better than playing act 1-4 three times in a row, so if you think about it like that, it's an upgrade.

Caliane

There are a couple weaknesses to it.

1. the plot is/was screwed up a bit. The Final boss, essential got reduced to a midboss. Merciless Malachai used to be a fairly big deal. to the point, he was often skipped, when you went off to do maps.
New method you kill him in act 4. when you don't even know wtf you are doing yet. kindof lame. Also the story for act1-4 all add up to Malachai of course. Oh, new big bad. oh and Sin guy I guess. Katava is not a great big bad. the game doesn't really revolve around him like Malachai, and Atziri. And this is clearly from, being added in later.

2. Malachai as an "optional" boss was better then required Kitava. This would mean more if bosses in PoE had bonus loot drops on first kills, or boss kills like D2. but, it was still more interesting. Again, having the final STORY boss, being competitive with map bosses was a good design.

3.Bandits is a similar problem. Used to be 3 choices of 3 difficulties. now its a large permanent choice in act 2, WAY before you have any idea wtf you are doing, or what your build will be. Bandit quest is way too early now. or, way too expensive to undo.

4. Redoing a difficulty is like playing an idle/grinder game. Half the fun is going back through the same area, now with 50000% dps, and new abilties. That feeling is lost in PoE's acts more or less. you only get a tiny bit of it here and there. Oriath "the return", as well as coming back in act 10. doing the strand again.

Grim dawn is too long for the redo difficulties over and over. it should be removed in that as well.

It worked in d2 for reasons noted. and, a good number of alts.
d3 did away with alts and had you play through 4 times iirc? (I think that got changed.) retarded.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I still think the story went off the rails at act 4. Piety and Dominus with their experiments and mountains of corpses was pretty oh shit, then act just had some random ugly shit. And making Malachai a boss, at least so soon, was a mistake. Plus the lore originally said he went into maps, then all of a sudden he's inside the beast.

Goonsquad Officer
When is the next season in poe? Been meaning to play again. I haven't played since uhhh when act 4 maps was the end

Caliane

When is the next season in poe? Been meaning to play again. I haven't played since uhhh when act 4 maps was the end
Another month. dec 8th.

That said. if its been that long... there is so much you need to catch up on. now would be a great time to start, before dec 8th 3.5 expansion.