Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there a way to tell if support skill gems are working if they don't have some kind of obvious particle effect etc? Like can I throw x2 minion damage support gems in to my summon zombies skill? I can't find a way to tell if the +minion damage is stacking or not.
Supports never stack, you can always only use one of each support skill on one skill, otherwise it'd get pretty retarded. As was mentionned, the UI will tell you if the support works at all. You can generally tell from the tags in the skill you're trying to support(if it says Minion, then Minion Damage would do something to it for example, although it gets more complex than that sometimes and some tags are implied like bow attacks being projectiles in almost every cases).

More random stuff I can't quite suss out:

Is there any reason not to level my skill gems? Just seems like straight upgrades?
Sometimes you'll want to delay leveling a skill because you don't have the stats to use the highest version if you unequip an item which you want to change. Some skills you want to keep low for various reasons, for example Arcane Surge procs when you use x mana, with x increasing as the gem levels up, and offering slightly better stats as it levels, however for the most part you just want the base effect, not the full scaled version, so keeping it low ensures it procs more easily(for example on every cast) and since the scaling isn't great, you keep it low. Another skill like this is cast when damage taken, and because it can only support skills of equal or lower level req, any skills linked to codt will also be kept low. Some more examples, movement skills are often kept at 1 to keep the mana cost low so you can spam them, because their damage is often trivial. Or Clarity which is often kept low because the mana reserved increases every level, but the regen scales kinda poorly, so many people keep it low, or even at lvl 1 and use mana % modifiers to scale the base value better or in the case of Necro only uses it to proc Commander of Darkness on self.

Generally speaking though you can just level all your shit. Can always just buy a lvl 1 gem if needed later.

What are the impale skills?
It says on the page what they are, they're new. Basically just puts a debuff on shit that makes them take more damage from next hit. Good for sustained damage but not so much for one click screen clear I guess.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
In the past, I've rarely played two consecutive leagues to avoid being burned out but this year I've played them all and I will surely play this one. Well done, ggg.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't wait to spend 2 days playing frozen orb only to find out it dosen't scale past T10 maps!

Caliane

Betrayal master is Navali.

Shes not mentioned. or shown.
Was already resurrected by Hinekora: Mother of death.
All the other masters would be ok with following her.

(Catarina, Leo, and Tora are all clearly visible as Immortal syndicate members in the videos.)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't wait to spend 2 days playing frozen orb only to find out it dosen't scale past T10 maps!

There was a league called Abyss that introduced jewels you can socket in gear. You can scale anything, literally any skill into t16 maps. You might not kill Uber Elder but you can 100% clear all map content.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Wait, the map tab I bought last month is going to be unusable in the new league? That is some rarified bullshit.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
You're assuming that rearranging the atlas is going to void your map tab?

I am reading the forums (cancer, I know) and cannot figure out if people are saying that the standard map tab will change and all your older ones are remove only OR that the map tab is fixed when you buy it and them changing the atlas means I just won't have a map tab in league unless I buy the new one.

....now that I type it out it seems pretty absurd to think the latter.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have to select the version of the Map Tab you want to use, which I think is like original maps, Ascendancy maps, and War for Atlas maps right now. In a new league, you'll only have one version of maps so it doesn't matter.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It'll become read-only in standard and you'll get a "new" map tab in league. I doubt they have to change anything, it's just a tab with sub tabs that hold maps based on the tier numbers. That's all the tab cares about, they can move maps around all they want, won't break the map tab. Otherwise, shaping maps would have caused issues already.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, shaping maps is accounted for in the design, but a non-shaped T14 Courthouse and a non-shaped T4 Courthouse in the same map tab shouldn't be possible. They've required a new Map Tab version every time they've updated maps so far.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am reading the forums (cancer, I know) and cannot figure out if people are saying that the standard map tab will change and all your older ones are remove only OR that the map tab is fixed when you buy it and them changing the atlas means I just won't have a map tab in league unless I buy the new one.

....now that I type it out it seems pretty absurd to think the latter.

You keep your tabs forever and they always populate in the new league.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah the only shit is on standard, new league you'll just get whatever version of the new map tab is. I can't imagine why anyone would think they'd void all map tabs and try to sell new ones.

Betrayal master is Navali.

Shes not mentioned. or shown.
Was already resurrected by Hinekora: Mother of death.
All the other masters would be ok with following her.

(Catarina, Leo, and Tora are all clearly visible as Immortal syndicate members in the videos.)
She's not a master though, so no reason they'd show her. I guess they could have a replacement char, but it seems weird they'd just remove prophecies, especially with how many uniques are tied to them. I guess maybe they could add a new way to get the fated uniques and remove the rest, it wouldn't be that missed, but I don't know, the fact she's not shown makes perfect sense since she wasn't a master to begin with. I guess the lore might support it more though.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's hard to imagine a company not doing everything in its power to squeeze out cash from its users, but GGG is such a company!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I may have to get back into this. I don't think I really got far before. But I am just about done clearing out the backlog.

Goonsquad Officer
last night i updated the game and signed in but i don't want to do anything till the new league :( so the wait gonna suck.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I'm really excited for this league. My only complaints in POE had to do with Masters and their hideouts. This is exactly what I would have hoped they would do with the new system. Definitely my favorite ARPG of all time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user