Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
last night i updated the game and signed in but i don't want to do anything till the new league :( so the wait gonna suck.
Now is the PERFECT time to trial builds for the next league. Shit is cheap, people in this thread will give you gear for free since most of us have stopped playing. It would suck to invest a couple days of a new league on a build you either don't like or doesn't end reaching the destination you hoped it would. Spend those couple days now instead.

For example, I'm trialing a Consecrated Path Jugg that uses the gluttony belt for 100% uptime of Immortal Call. How reliable is that 100% uptime? I like to alt+tab frequently, can I easily restart the Immortal Call chaining or am I going to be ultra squishy(gluttony belt reduces your armor to 0) for too long? Perfect things to figure out now instead of at league start.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Tried blade vortex on an alt last night to test for new league.

Ramp up time seems high? (Lvl 30, so no spell echo etc)

Going to do some normal starter build, prolly molten strike since I've never used it.

Want some Auto pilot goodness after tho... That turret build looked awesome. Was thinking I could do blade vortex on a budget.

Guessing ice will be the thing to exploit since rework?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I want to do a Deadeye, but doesn’t seem a lot of good starters. May start with Jugg.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Deadeye Toxic Rain + Herald of Agony was pretty popular as a starter this league. EDIT: Oh it was Pathfinder, whatever. Deadeye would work too I'm sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I want to do a Deadeye, but doesn’t seem a lot of good starters. May start with Jugg.

Jugg is for sure one of the best starter classes due to its defense. This game tries to kill you every way possible and it tries its hardest so its not a bad choice to learn with.

Rangers / Bow league starters are in a MUCH better place now with Mirage Archer support (summons a clone that also attacks for you). Toxic Rain like some have mentioned is really strong and scales easily.

Pasteton Pasteton I can invite you but I need a character name, pm or post please

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Deadeye Frostblades with a pair of Touch of Anguish is an excellent league starter. Doesn't scale *that* well into shaper though.
what guild, and how do i join?
Post your character, not account, name in the thread, someone will add you to the guild eventually.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Are there any actual viable 2h melee builds? I've literally only ever used sword/board since launch. The aesthetic of big boy hammers smashing dicks in is more my style

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends on what you mean by 'viable', but 2h is in a really bad spot right now. Stat sticks/shields are just too good to think an extra 5/6L makes up for it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can still build around weapons like Voidforge and Ngamahu's Flame and do all content. Your margin for error will be smaller though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe we can hold out hope for the expansion :(

I am actually thinking of doing a Cycloner to 100 this league which uses a 2h. Really its tough to choose at this point because they are going to swing the nerf bat huge since its an expansion and they will also buff other things. They will purposely shift the meta to something they have in mind.

We might see stat sticks nerfed, 2h buffed, and melee further buffed or who knows. They will release a very in depth developer manifesto in the coming 2 weeks.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
how the flying flippety fuck are they putting out this content on a three (ish) month schedule

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
how the flying flippety fuck are they putting out this content on a three (ish) month schedule
By finishing during the league. Every league since Harbinger has needed major tuning and fixing post release.

I'd say Delve STILL needs tuning. Where them bosses at?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
This is yet another league that looked retarded to me. First thing I thought was a shitty hearthstone/mtg. It will only get worse with the asain money coming in.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
By finishing during the league. Every league since Harbinger has needed major tuning and fixing post release.

I'd say Delve STILL needs tuning. Where them bosses at?

I mean ya, but other than bestiary the leagues for me have still be hella fun for at least a month or so, even before they adjust. It's insane how much freshness they can pump in this often. I'm in awe.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, so like a year ago I installed PoE, played for twenty minutes, didn't have any idea what I was doing, and quit. I'm reinstalling it right now.

What do I do?