Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Path of Exile: Betrayal League : pathofexile

With nineteen voiced characters, we have been recording voice acting for many weeks. The Betrayal and Immortal Syndicate names have been locked in for more than a month. Interestingly, Path of Exile: Immortal was considered as an expansion name in October. Lucky we picked Betrayal...

From Chris Wilson himself. I mean, I still want to believe they're rubbing it in more than the coincidence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
And they're both melee! I wonder if it'll work with 2h.

"melee" ... chances are the actual melee part is shit and just a trigger for the real damage, which comes from a secondary projectile, aoe or whatever.
Path of Exile: Betrayal League : pathofexile

From Chris Wilson himself. I mean, I still want to believe they're rubbing it in more than the coincidence.

I'd guess for someone in the industry it should be possible to snatch up the name of an upcoming title, especially one not made in-house by Blizzard. Going with "he knew".

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy fuck this patch looks awesome. I'm looking forward to throwing money their way this league.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the new cold skills look so good, wonder if their will be any good cast while channeling builds with frost orb.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Too funny.

Just started playing this again (yeah the Diablo fiasco brought me there). Hadn't played in a couple years. Game is definitely better than I remembered. And this expansion title, etc is fukn hilarious. Great time to find PoE again.

• 2Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Definitely in for this - I assume there are high performing Ranger-esque builds out there? I'm just scratching the surface of this game and loving the two builds I've got going right now but after watching that video a ranged DH/Ranger looks pretty cool

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man, delve as master missions only tho? But if they're not grindy maybe it's a "do whenever you want" type deal? I don't know, but I fucking LOVED fossil crafting my own shit. Hopefully still viable with the limited delve.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I'm brand new to this shit, should I be bothering with this Niko guy and the minecart stuff, or just grind the main story until max level or whatever?

Do these 2 skill point respects refund my entire skill tree, or just single nodes?

Is there a way to tell if support skill gems are working if they don't have some kind of obvious particle effect etc? Like can I throw x2 minion damage support gems in to my summon zombies skill? I can't find a way to tell if the +minion damage is stacking or not.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So I'm brand new to this shit, should I be bothering with this Niko guy and the minecart stuff, or just grind the main story until max level or whatever?

Do these 2 skill point respects refund my entire skill tree, or just single nodes?

Is there a way to tell if support skill gems are working if they don't have some kind of obvious particle effect etc? Like can I throw x2 minion damage support gems in to my summon zombies skill? I can't find a way to tell if the +minion damage is stacking or not.

Do the delves, they're fun, good xp. You might overlevel the main story, but for your first time through, that's probably a good thing.

One respec point: one passive node.

In the hotskill bar, you'll notice skill's icon gains small colored letters as you socket supports. Another way is to read the skill tooltip before and after, most support will change the mechanical text but not description text.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
More random stuff I can't quite suss out:

Is there any reason not to level my skill gems? Just seems like straight upgrades?

Is this corrupted vaal skill stuff just as awesome as it looks, or is there some drawback I'm missing?

Is there a full respect available, or is my first character just gonna basically be crap as I flail around the skill tree while I level?

Are there full elemental immunities later on for monsters like D2 had, or can I just slam all my points in to fire etc?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
More random stuff I can't quite suss out:

Is there any reason not to level my skill gems? Just seems like straight upgrades?

Is this corrupted vaal skill stuff just as awesome as it looks, or is there some drawback I'm missing?

Is there a full respect available, or is my first character just gonna basically be crap as I flail around the skill tree while I level?

Are there full elemental immunities later on for monsters like D2 had, or can I just slam all my points in to fire etc?
Cast When Damage Taken support is the main reason to stop leveling a skill gem. The damage and skill gem requirements go up as you level CWDT, so it's a balance between how powerful you want the triggered spells to be vs how often/easily.

They reworked most of the vaal skill gems in 3.3, most of them are indeed awesome. Only drawback is getting souls to sustain usage on boss fights.

No full respecs. Your first character will be crap, not being able to fully respec will only be part of that ;)

No immunities. End game bosses are 40% resistant to elemental damage and there are many sources of elemental damage penetration available(somewhat of a balance issues).

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmmm if Frozen Orb works the same way with other channeled skills in totems then might have to run a Frozen Bukkake Hiero.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I never played bestiary league.... I heard the mechanics were a painful grind.

Edit: Also fuck yes Delve core, but if we cannot access it whenever we want I am going to be super pissed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I never played bestiary league.... I heard the mechanics were a painful grind.

Edit: Also fuck yes Delve core, but if we cannot access it whenever we want I am going to be super pissed.

The only thing about Bestiary that sucked massive cock were throwing/timing the traps. In a game all about WTFpwning entire screens, it didn't make sense to have to "slow-down" at specific points. It sounds like they are fixing that by having an NPC trap for you? I hope so, because Bestiary had some really cool crafting/item targeting aspects, but the trap system was awful.

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
giphydik.gif

I am so ready for this league.

• 2Like