Path of Exile

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
There's not really a good way to convert phys->lightning->cold->fire without losing something in the conversion tho.

You have to skip lightning, because there's not really any good sources of lightning -> cold conversion. But that just prevents you from quadruple dipping. Physical -> cold -> fire is easily possible and lets you triple dip the mods.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shift + right click, however, will always work no matter where your cursor is.

You can also check the "Always Attack Without Moving" checkbox on the skill, which is like holding shift + skill button.

But that just prevents you from quadruple dipping. Physical -> cold -> fire is easily possible and lets you triple dip the mods.

Yeah but Atziri's is 20/15 now for perfect rolls, so you get 20%+15%+15%, which is not double even if you factor in resists. Even legacy would only be 25%+20%+20%.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah but the only 60% Phys to Light skill is Static Strike, so unless you're using that the best you can do is 90% Phys to Light conversion. Then the cold->fire step will lock you into using a Pyre, which is also 90% conversion at best, unless you pick up Avatar of Fire, in which case you aren't using Atziri's Promise.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Show me the PoB where Atziri's Promise doubles your dps.

I just made this as a demonstrator. There's a dagger in there with "20% of elemental damage added as chaos damage" and no other mods. Equipping it increases DPS by 45% with Wither Totem deactivated, and by 80% with Wither Totem on. The Atziri flask has roughly the same effect.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I just made this as a demonstrator. There's a dagger in there with "20% of elemental damage added as chaos damage" and no other mods. Equipping it increases DPS by 45% with Wither Totem deactivated, and by 80% with Wither Totem on. The Atziri flask has roughly the same effect.
:rolleyes: Show me a realistic use case.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
:rolleyes: Show me a realistic use case.

What's unrealistic, the wither totem? Ok, take that out. Add "physical damage as extra cold damage" to the dagger. Those two mods alone increase DPS by 84.3%, and that's not even an absurd stat stick. You can also roll "add x% of physical damage as elemental damage of a random element" on stat sticks (PoB doesn't have this one as an option) which will also act as another triple-dipped multiplier.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah but the only 60% Phys to Light skill is Static Strike, so unless you're using that the best you can do is 90% Phys to Light conversion. Then the cold->fire step will lock you into using a Pyre, which is also 90% conversion at best, unless you pick up Avatar of Fire, in which case you aren't using Atziri's Promise.

You can also convert with items like stormcharger boots etc and then 2 call of the brotherhoods. I did a BV trickster a couple of leagues ago that was a glass cannon of conversion DPS.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's unrealistic, the wither totem? Ok, take that out. Add "physical damage as extra cold damage" to the dagger. Those two mods alone increase DPS by 84.3%, and that's not even an absurd stat stick. You can also roll "add x% of physical damage as elemental damage of a random element" on stat sticks (PoB doesn't have this one as an option) which will also act as another triple-dipped multiplier.
The wither totem is unrealistic for an attack build that isn't poison.

But MUCH more important, your build is not playable. Other damage sources are going to lower the impact from Atziri's Promise. Show me an endgame mapping or bossing PoB where Atziri's Promise doubles your dps.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's no way a corporation would risk DDoSing somebody. Actually fuck me that's what I said about every Blizzard decision made in the past.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I just dumped an entire tab of chaos orbs in the gbank, tab15. I have my ZLB life PP set if anyone wants to screw around with it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
man what do you guys use to look at builds? i made a slayer(?) and have absolutely no idea what im looking at when i look at the passive skill tree lol

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you like the game, you'll end up spending as much time in Path of Building as you do in Path of Exile.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I guess I don't like this game then since I have about 3 hours total in path of building (probably less than that) and many thousands in the game =/ Only time I ever really use it is if I want to compare different ascendencies and sometimes for different gear choices.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did they mention anything about upping map drop rates for high tier maps in this next patch/league? If not, and I struggle with my atlas and maps like I did in beastiary and delve then it's probably going to be my last league. I think I had a grand total of 9 t16 maps drop, half of which were from delve map chests in the vaal/underground city rooms and only a couple more t15s than that, probably less than 25.

• 1Like