Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you want minions that don't suck ass, try Herald of Agony and/or Dancing Duo. The agony crawler does ludicrous amounts of damage, and Dancing Duo have extremely aggressive AI unlike any other minion I've used.

I'm still planning on a Toxic Rain + HoAg Pathfinder starter and going for an "easy" 6L Quill Rain, since the builds I prefer (read: minions doing 100% of the work) require a bit too much investment to function properly.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
i was looking into toxic rain too, it seemed weird most of the damage is from the bulbs right?

Yep, you want to pick up increased duration and AOE nodes from the tree. Basically it's a DoT build, the snare effect is also really nice for keeping shit off you(though looks like slow effects are getting a cap).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's what makes it a good starter. Just beware, sustain is a bit difficult for that skill since you essentially can't leech and LoH isn't reliable.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For those worried about arc, spark and ball lightning are also strong lightning alternatives. Depending on what they do with occultist and the cold damage teasers will determine if I go lightning or cold from the gates.

Caliane

I was looking into a vortex/cold snap idea last? league. whenever cold snap was changed to dropping that cold damage over time, AND proc frenzy charges on kill.

Vaal cold snap is amazing. The aoe cold damage over time, follows you as an aura. And, you gain frenzy charges per second enemies are in the aoe.

Goonsquad Officer
uhh i guess i'm still going to try minion physical damage build this go. see how that shakes out. if yall see me whining early on you know why.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
If Arc doesn't get gutted in the notes still leaning to Arc totems for a starter, played the shit out of minion builds in Delve so might want a break from that.

Vorph

That's why you play the ones that have super aggressive AI and are essentially immune to all damage.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I did herald of purity + dominating blow + ancestral war chief as guardian. Died on Kitava a couple times (at least once was due to a cat) and died on a really poorly rolled t8 map that provided zero regen + reflect or something. My only complaint is I’d like mobs to hit me or have a more active role.

I’m sorta craving a few non-minion builds. I’d like to find a sword n board wrecking ball not dependent on minions.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
For those worried about arc, spark and ball lightning are also strong lightning alternatives. Depending on what they do with occultist and the cold damage teasers will determine if I go lightning or cold from the gates.

Gawd has anyone played Spark in the last 5 leagues? Vaal Spark used to be meta but they nerfed it. I've always wanted to do a Spark build but it was just so sub-par to other skills.

And ball lightning is VERY resource demanding. The best way to do it WOULD be on a totem, and I also did a Emperor Lightning Hands cast on channeling Ball lightning build once that was pretty fun. But in this case you also have to scale projectiles as well as the elemental damage so I think that is where this fell short of pure elemental base skills over time.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spark is awesome with threshold jewels and pierce/proj speed. Ball lightning can now be supported with the new EB changes that prevent casting from interupting energy shield recharge

Evernothing

TAY1.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didnt understand a god damn thing that man was talking about with that vaal spark shit.
this games too much

Although i now understand what the hell jewels mean when it requires "X amount of Strength in the radius" or whatever lol