Path of Exile

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just did a fire golem elementalist.

Deathless guardians/shaper/uber atziri at 81.

Now to fuck with the atlas for elder and uber elder ugh

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This fucking hall of the grandmasters is the most triggering shit I've seen in this game. They need a big fucking disclaimer in the description of this map that says "DON'T EVER ACTUALLY USE THIS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK".

Fucking rip my XP I guess.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
So dicking around I managed to 6socket 6link 2 Soul Mantles. Any new players to PoE doing totems and need one? Soul Mantle. Imagine that's still a $ totem chest.
I'm level 48 now doing a totem build so I can get a feel for the game . If no one's asked for it, I would love to try it out.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I'm level 48 now doing a totem build so I can get a feel for the game . If no one's asked for it, I would love to try it out.
Yeah i'll stay logged in while i'm doing xmas with the fam. Send me a message @NotQuiteJanx if you get on.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How hard is mastermind fight? Just hit 91 so ready to go throw myself against tough shit for a while

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This fucking hall of the grandmasters is the most triggering shit I've seen in this game. They need a big fucking disclaimer in the description of this map that says "DON'T EVER ACTUALLY USE THIS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK".

Fucking rip my XP I guess.

ya it has pvp scaling on, so you can't do it unless you have a specific build that can do it, pretty stupid

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How hard is mastermind fight? Just hit 91 so ready to go throw myself against tough shit for a while
Depends on whether or not you go in blind. It's just about impossible if you don't know the mechanics, pretty simple once you do.

ya it has pvp scaling on, so you can't do it unless you have a specific build that can do it, pretty stupid
There were only a couple things that worked in the past, but lots of builds can clear it now. Definitely still avoid if you do melee or self-cast spells that aren't Scorching Ray though.

Let me know if you come up with something. I'm also looking for a mostly "brain-dead" build to play, as PoE is something I tend to like to just listen to music and chill to. Lightning traps were my starter and it isn't bad, but I really dislike the "feel" of traps.
I'm going to try Winter Orb even though I despise BV for its clunky ass channeling/charge-up mechanic and WO is kind of similar. There's a couple interesting ways to build it; you can go with a boss-killer that uses heralds for clear speed (and an Inpulsa if you can afford it), or you go Assassin instead of Elementalist and get Shackles of the Wretched and a Coward's Legacy, curse yourself with buffed-up Temp Chains and Vulnerability and have Winter Orb last up to 30 seconds. There's no negative effects from curses because you have Kaom's boots and a Watcher's Eye that negates Vuln. Seems like the ultimate for brain dead gameplay without going full autobomber, but I doubt it's suitable for bosses without extreme gear investment. Even the basic version would be pretty expensive since a Shadowstitch with two good implicits and the right colors has gone from ~35c to ~35ex, and just one good implicit is still in the multiple ex range.

I'll be going with the non-gimmicky version since this league is the worst luck I've ever had (which is saying a lot, considering how much RNGesus always hates me) and the combined total of my currency and trapper gear is worth maybe 2-3ex after ~80 hours in the league.

P.S. Ziz's build is bad. Not sure if some other streamer just released a Winter Orb build too or what, but the "cheap starter wand" for it (Shade of Solaris) has gone up like 750% since yesterday, more like 900-1000% if you're trying to get a good rolled one. Someone in guild chat thought it was Ziz that did it, but his videos are at least a week old and AFAIK he gave up on Winter Orb because he kept dying in HC.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Depends on whether or not you go in blind. It's just about impossible if you don't know the mechanics, pretty simple once you do.

quoted for emphasis. I went in blind pre nerf as a melee build. It was not pretty.

Went back as the golem build while knowing the mechanics and it was a complete joke.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
If you log in today you get a free Fairgraves mystery box when you open up the in game shop. I received the Corsair footprints effect. Well played GGG, now I want more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I beat the grandmaster thing by buying a shitty scepter that grants level 25 scorching ray and burning them to death. Was the only way I could even damage a couple of them through their infinite energy shield/regen.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Good old PoE at the relatives house on my shitty fucking work laptop

poe.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looking around for a fun, cheap, starter Cyclone build has been annoying. Most of what I've seen is "Oh, you can't make this build work unless you have X items" or "Oh, you won't actually use this build until lvl65 and a few respecs!".

Builds should have variations starting from base "it just works!" to "optimized for insanity!".