Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Okay real question RE: syndicate - what builds are people playing that are having so many problems with them? Is it literally like every build that isn't juggernaut?

They are tough, especially at rank 3 with items, but from the way every else talks about them they are literally ruining the game. I'm legit curious, as my only character this league has been MS jugg and I basically just faceroll my way in to forts and hold right click until everything is dead. The only time the syndicate really presents a problem is like double extra damage as elemental map mods, and even with those it's actually the archer adds that are the problem usually rather than the actual syndicate members.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I struggle with my Ele Hit Ranger simply because I have to get into the forts. For the rest, she’s fine.

For most of it my arc totem heiro is plenty good.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I didn't really have any problems with syndicate as sabo arc trapper as the majority of the time stuff died before it got a chance to touch me.

I did get 1 shot by Rin one time though, but I was at around 5k hp so it was to be expected.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay real question RE: syndicate - what builds are people playing that are having so many problems with them? Is it literally like every build that isn't juggernaut?

They are tough, especially at rank 3 with items, but from the way every else talks about them they are literally ruining the game. I'm legit curious, as my only character this league has been MS jugg and I basically just faceroll my way in to forts and hold right click until everything is dead. The only time the syndicate really presents a problem is like double extra damage as elemental map mods, and even with those it's actually the archer adds that are the problem usually rather than the actual syndicate members.

Flicker strike build here, I don't have any issue

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forts are the main problem. Can't get the door down in time? Now you got an army of adds on your ass. Deal with the adds? They keep coming back. Get the door down? Now you have 3+ one-shotters in tight spot with turrets firing on you.

I think the issue is that the content is requiring too much dps, defense and especially sustain. Builds are typically high dps, high defense, or a mix of both. But it's really hard to get high sustain on most builds. Bouncing back from a near one-shot or surviving an army of adds is tough without high sustain.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Unless youre geared out the ass, melee seems so trash compared to retard mode arc totems or arc anything. Whats up with the balancing? lol

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You don’t even need the +1 totem for arc totems to be boss. And you’re still spending maybe 3ex total to max it out. Get a 6l chest or just a tabula to start and you rape face.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everyone knows melee is broken and the running joke whenever something like Storm Brand becomes the new meta build is that GGG will nerf melee again to make up for it. If you decide to play melee anyway, at the very least you shouldn't be even a little bit surprised when the league mechanic pushes your shit in now and then. They're a joke with Storm Brand, non-self-cast Arc, Winter Orb, etc. builds.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i got super bored of leveling my melee character after doing both self cast arc and arc totem characters. It was taking like 2-3x as long lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Leveling my marauder was definitely complete ass. Mana issues, movement issues, can't effectively chase down mobs, explode to huge boss damage at the end of every act, was fucking miserable. Don't think I'd ever start a league as melee again.

That said, the actual endgame of molten strike seems pretty good. I clear maps pretty decently with ancestral call for pack coverage, and am still fat enough to deal with boss fights without too much issue. My first uber elder took me 4 deaths, which was mostly just on me not fully understanding all the attacks. Definitely an expensive build though with needing to use loreweave, xophs blood, grelwoods at like 2ex each, elder rings with lgoh, and molten strike helm enchant being so stupidly expensive etc.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yea leap slam will feel mostly like shit until you have it properly supported by level 20 faster attacks with quality, and good attack speed base otherwise.

I hated leap slam until I started playing a build without it. Bypassing terrain and gaps is too good. Whirling blades is fast as hell but can't bypass anything. I still suck at moving around with both though. I get hung up on every little thing in front of me. I see people leap slamming through lab never missing a single beat meanwhile I've always got one inch of a corner blocking me or jumping 2 feet or not at all because the cursor is just too far out. The game supports a surprising amount of actual skill to be good.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I am telling you that I had zero issue with forts in any way with my build, zero.
I'm not saying you didn't. Busting the door down before the necros can ass fuck you is probably the best melee strategy for forts. I've been hesitant to use it because it takes 30% of your hp, but I've been having more success with forts by popping Vaal RF along with my pots. Getting the door down an extra second sooner seems to be huge.

And consecrated path is probably one of the best skills for seamlessly transitioning to the targets inside.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It's a good rough draft, but I hope you really aren't playing a melee character at level 84 with 3600 HP and no helmet. There are some easy passive pathing inefficiencies you could fix too.

Using a rats nest, dunno why it didnt import.

Took it off b/c PoB said all that matters for my crit % is flask / power charges. So trying to find a tankier replacement item.

And yeah, rocking 3700hp at t8 maps as melee. Dicks out sir.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Btw, was trying to come up w/ more things to put in gem sockets . . . maybe a second immortal call w/ some kinda life leech / stun / nuke?

And forts w/ Molten Strike was just leap to door, spam MS, leap to middle of fort, spam MS + flasks, loot.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Currently giving a cyclone build a try, can someone give me an indication of what defensive stats to go for? Should I go for armour or armour/evasion? Can I mix and match or should every piece be the same type?

I know to get the resists capped first, still mostly a noob otherwise.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
LachiusTZ LachiusTZ You're doing CoC with molten strike? I can do a serious critique of your build but it's going be quite long. It might be better you give a general idea of what you want to play and then someone can refer to a good build guide.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Deathwing Deathwing

MS Jugg was the first toon, then rolled couple of test toons, now doing a Cyclone CoC assassin.

The one I linked is the current one, CoC.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Currently giving a cyclone build a try, can someone give me an indication of what defensive stats to go for? Should I go for armour or armour/evasion? Can I mix and match or should every piece be the same type?

I know to get the resists capped first, still mostly a noob otherwise.

Hybrid armor/evasion is pointless. Armor is mostly pointless imo - Evasion I'd probably only recommend if you were doing a queen of the forest build. Better defenses to focus on imo are fortify and endurance charges first.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user