Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Unless I'm doing es, I usually pick my armor bases for the socket colors required. A bit of armor isn't useless, it can mitigate a lot damage in a sea of monsters. Unless you have a ton of armor, you should be avoiding the big hits, not trying to mitigate them.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK thanks will read up on that. I have a jewel that gives me fortify when using cleave, which I have been using to keep up fortify on bosses, cyclone for all the trash. Or should I just put a fortify support on cyclone so it's always up? Not having major problems but I do get one shot by syndicate or bosses some of the time. Level 60ish atm.

I tried a fireball/ignite build before and staying at range made most fights a lot easier, syndicate gave me a lot of trouble though where they teleport behind you and one-shot you.

This is the build I'm currently following: Forum - Scion - [3.5] Tesla Cyclone [SLAYER/RAIDER] | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win - Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
OK thanks will read up on that. I have a jewel that gives me fortify when using cleave, which I have been using to keep up fortify on bosses, cyclone for all the trash. Or should I just put a fortify support on cyclone so it's always up? Not having major problems but I do get one shot by syndicate or bosses some of the time. Level 60ish atm.

I tried a fireball/ignite build before and staying at range made most fights a lot easier, syndicate gave me a lot of trouble though where they teleport behind you and one-shot you.

This is the build I'm currently following: Forum - Scion - [3.5] Tesla Cyclone [SLAYER/RAIDER] | Destroy the Game | All Content | Super Fast! | Spin 2 Win - Path of Exile

You generally don't want to link fortify on your main skill as it's only increased damage and not more damage, which is a huge dps hit. Most people link it to their movement skill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Who is more familiar with juggernaut than I am? I'm currently using undeniable/unstoppable/unflinching/unbreakable, but am considering dropping unstoppable in favor of unrelenting for even more damage mitigation. The movespeed on unstoppable is whatever and I can live without it, but how important is stun immunity really?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus, that guy put a whole lot of effort into making an unreadable guide.

Yea it's kinda hard to read, the second post has a starter build which is what I'm using. Someone else posted that you can go slayer/juggernaut for more survivabilty in this league so I might do that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Depending on your HP pool, you might be able to get by without stun immunity as a melee. I was playing flicker strike for a couple days and you can tell when the flicker chain momentarily jerks to a stop.

I consider the slow and chill immunity and not having to use Kaom's Roots the true benefit of Unstoppable.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
First character and I’m REALLY enjoying this game. Just about to start Act 5 so not even close to the end game yet but damn is this fun.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Sunder1977
I'm trying to get a buddy to start playing, and this feeling is exactly what I'm trying to convey to him. He's heard all the horror stories about the complexity, and is worried that it will be too much input all at once and he'll end up being put off by it. I told him this is exactly the time to jump in, when I'm around to tell him wtf he's doing, and to help him pick a build to follow to start off with, because I think not having a build is one of the things that kills people's interest the first time they play. If I didn't follow one, and have people telling me how to make gear decisions, I doubt I'd have made it to 87 on my first character. But this enjoyment is something that is hard to quantify until you get a few of the basics under your belt.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Awesome, thanks man! I'll definitely check it out. If you talk during it, I will have to watch it at home, but I'm gonna watch it without sound after this post. Are there any items you're really hoping for that would complement your build? A "perfect gear" type scenario? Or is it pretty much perfect the way you have it?

I didn't realize I made it to 87 on my first build, so I'll chalk that up as a success, even though I definitely stalled out eventually. I could have been a couple levels higher if I didn't die so many fucking times.

I went ahead and started with the Engineering Eternity Thicc Jugg build, but as with the last one I will probably tweak a few things around. In his build, he says you can choose from any number of main skills, and I used Vaal Reave for most of the first 20 levels because you don't see a ton of builds with Reave (probably for good reason, as I found out) and I wanted to give it a try (and it sounds way cooler than many other skills), but I missed melee splash far, far too much. There would be little fucking monkeys and shit hidden by my character, hitting me, and I couldn't even fucking see them or easily keep them killed. Even mobs that I felt should be hit by the arc of Reave would just be completely missed, and I spent far more mana than I needed to just clearing all the shit around me. So I switched to Vaal Double Strike w/ splash, and life is good again. I don't know how anyone can play a build that doesn't do at least a little bit of ae damage, whether it is molten balls or a melee splash gem or whatever. Maybe it weakens the build slightly, but my sanity matters more! (And I know Leap Slam does ae, but see below.)

I used Leap Slam on the last build, and am using it here because not only is it part of his build, but I'm used to using it. I'm honestly not a fan of hopping around maps constantly (whether with LS or any other similar skill), but I see the reason people use all that stuff after their 10th build, so I'm gonna keep practicing it. I'd also like to implement Phase Run, with possibly CWDT to keep it up, because Delving, but we'll see about that I guess. I've never actually used it!

At least I finally found a use for all those shitty, shitty uniques I kept getting on my first character! Twinking can be fun!

Check my profile. My gear is mostly ass but the weapons are boss af. I made the rings myself spamming chaos on an 84 ring and bought amu early in league for like 80c though that was a little overpriced in hindsight but currency is no problem really.

Weapons are like 8 to 10ex total for both. That was the big investment but the offhand is legit mine. Main hand I bought.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I drop a Vortex and a Frost Bomb linked onto a shaper wand with spell cascade and cold pen on those fort gates and it shreds em. Flame dash inside, drop another vortex and it's cleared np. Something similar with flamebast/righteous fire would prolly work well too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
First character and I’m REALLY enjoying this game. Just about to start Act 5 so not even close to the end game yet but damn is this fun.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Sunder1977
First league for me too (I played to 40-something in delve). Got a 82 necro and working on a juggernaut after a_skeleton_03 blessed me with absurd riches. I'm having a lot of fun as well.

At Act 5 you're halfway my dude

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'm trying to get a buddy to start playing, and this feeling is exactly what I'm trying to convey to him. He's heard all the horror stories about the complexity, and is worried that it will be too much input all at once and he'll end up being put off by it. I told him this is exactly the time to jump in, when I'm around to tell him wtf he's doing, and to help him pick a build to follow to start off with, because I think not having a build is one of the things that kills people's interest the first time they play. If I didn't follow one, and have people telling me how to make gear decisions, I doubt I'd have made it to 87 on my first character. But this enjoyment is something that is hard to quantify until you get a few of the basics under your belt.

Tell him to just jump in and start playing. I felt like a true build guide was too close to playing with a walkthrough (which I normally hate) so I watched a few build videos to get the basic ideas behind builds, downloaded Path of Building and made my own. The gearing kind of takes care of itself early on, and by the time it REALLY matters, he'll have 10 acts of play experience to know what works for him.

If he's a Final Fantasy fan, just tell him it's a combination of 7 and 10. VII for the gearing/gems and X for the skill tree.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any gear suggestions or additional skill gem combos for my Arc totem guy? Its dmg seems fine, but I've only done up to t10 maps at the moment, total glass cannon. I'm guessing that I just need to look for higher quality rares, or try to craft something.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Xandorai

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
A lot of the glass cannon stuff with witches seems to result in having both low es and near zero armor. The best my arc witch ever was I had like 4000 armor and found survivability much better. Of course I'm not sure that's a good answer, but the league prior my armor was.... 5. And yeah these fucking things would sneeze on me and I'd die.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Use a granite flask if u don't wear armor (and are a melee TBH).

You are probably one shotting trash without your crazy dps flask anyways.

I recommend the +% armor on it for mad dips.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Profile is set to private
Is it? The set to private box isn't checked in my account page.

Edit: Noticed that rare sets with ilvl 76+ give Regal orbs instead of Chaos, is there a market for Regals? I'd rather have chaos since that is the main currency.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Uber lab guy is mostly physical melee and chaos AE?

Tried to get a carry last night, dude has some shark like thing that one shot my glass cannon...

Wasn't the big black green blob junk he sprays out, some completely incidental junk blew me up.