Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I played ED/Contagion as one of my first ever builds. It would need an ungodly damage increase to be boss viable at all. I think I never made it past like t8 maps with it.

I'm also doing storm brand again this league.

Even without the damage increase the skill has been able to go up through shaper for a long time, and it got a 50% increase on the base dot.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do you have to go elementalist for storm brand, or can i rock a mega fat occultist ES build and still have brands do decent damage?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can probably play brands with a jugg. It's one of the most flexible skills in the game atm.

If you're pushing the character far in to min/maxing(CI or LL), Occultist is better than Elementalist anyway.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah...storm brand has also been in the back of my mind but it really looks like it needs some serious gear now to be competitive with Vortex.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Prolly just start out with CI vortex/coldsnap shit and ride occultist ES to endgame. My SSF occultist i dicked with last league was able to hit like 9k ES with minimal effort and a couple mediocre fossil crafts, so in normal league it has to be bananas easy to just get super tanky.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Try this for the shader fix, my buddy did it and it worked for him.

meh they're about to drop a patch to fix it, I wouldn't fuck with anything

and re Kripp, he does this like twice a year, says he's gonna play a league then stops after 2 or 3 days

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would trying to make a Totem based Scion just be gimping my character compared to a Templar/Heiro or Marauder/Chieftain?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My plan was to find a good totem build and convert it to the Scion by trying to fill in what I might be missing out on in either the Hiero or Chieftan ascendancy. Like the arc totem build (templar) I used last league which was great for me (just can't stand the voice overs for the templar character).