Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Deathwing Deathwing did you rush the chaos damage/damage over time nodes or survivability nodes? Much better to take the opposite approach of most builds and rush the damage for contagion/ed/bane/etc and then fill out survivability after you get them all IMO.

My bane + despair was basically instantly melting mobs all the way through the story, some of the fragments did get hard due to the mobs doing tons of damage, but that's every league start with the tuning. Definitely no issues with killing speed though, especially once I added increased aoe and a couple aoe nodes.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're suggesting exactly what I was implying with the "hi2u clearspeedmeta" comment. Just kill fast enough that you never have to dodge.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Weird, the only nodes which have persisted after they've decayed, and when also showing no more uses, were all the special nodes. None of the nodes I've placed on the map have stayed after I moved to a different node.

They vanish if you move to a new node, yes. But if you run a decaying node and make it to the stabilizer and click it to finish it, you can then portal back to nexus directly from that stabilizer without leaving the node. Well, sometimes anyway. It sometimes works fine and let's you sell, other times the portal doesn't appear, or appears in the blue and can't be reached, or fails to let you back in from the main nexus, or shits you out at a random node someplace else, etc etc.

Really hoping their patch today makes this shit actually functional.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That's not true though - it's like 50/50 if your portal will work. I've done chains of like 3 decaying nodes and was able to portal back and sell after clearing each one, then continue on my path. They only vanish from the map and stop working at all if you manually remove them, or start up another node which "advances" the nexus map or however you want to put it.

I wasn't referring to your portal working or not.

The way it is SUPPOSED to work (I think) is: When you finish a reward node, once you leave that node any way shape or form, it goes away. However, if you spawn a nexus portal on it, then that will preserve the node until you activate another one. The issue is when the game fucks up and wont put the portal there, you're basically fucked. Because you have to go 1 area over and it goes away.

Either way, it's bugged.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I think I finally root caused my issues with the new chaos dot skills, at least as a league starter. First, but likely not foremost, I'm a baddie and I can't do builds that have poor sustain. I'd rather let shit hit me than play the never-get-hit game.

Which leads to my other reason: this game does not support dodging while DPSing very well. I've probably had this realization before but forgot it, whatever. Unless where you want to move and where you want to kill are in the same approximate areas(hi2u clearspeedmeta), you'll likely need to dodge. The slower you kill, the more you have to dodge.

I had this realization while I was doing 20s level fragment that had way too much fucking density, trying to flick my mouse back and forth, applying Bane to the monsters trailing me, moving away from them, avoiding the new ones in front of me, and figuring out which is the right way to go. That actually sounds like fun if the UI was built for it, but it's not. Having to aim your DPS skill exacerbates the issue further.

For like the last three days I've been trying to figure out why I like Molten Strike but dislike Bane when they have the same coverage and I think the above is why. I think the game could use a way to move your character independently of your mouse and then the developers could likely slow the game down like they've claimed they want to.

A lot of if not almost all of, my deaths in boss fights are because eventually I just want to hit the fucking guy instead of click once, move ,over and over and over. Once I’ve had enough I just yolo damage and take another portal in to get it over with. I keep moving to progressively higher single target dps builds just to make the fights shorter and more satisfying by having the super short burst attacks actually take appreciable chunks out of life bars. The more I do the fights the easier it is to line up a totem drop+flasks and actually get damage in but I also waste opportunities by mistiming it and having to get out of one shot before I can get the damage in or the boss moves or the boss phases(enough with the phasing already) or whatever else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This just happened to me. This really pisses me off. If you're going to make me follow the rules that I can't put an island that doesn't connect to everything around me, then you jolly god damn better well not be able to either, you fucking game. I was lucky, in that I was able to remove my not-yet-run piece, and replace it with another that I just so happened to still have available, but if I didn't that would have made me really upset.

yup, I has halfway out on a long path to get to a double memory buff AND 'rare essences' and a fuckign island facing bumfuck nowhere with generic chests that I have to delete my chain to even attempt to get to and clear pops up and fucks up that whole run

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So far enjoying the CA Raider a lot more, seems much more powerful than what I played last league. No clue how its going to work at map level yet but Bane is a huge QoL over totems for me. Of course I'm still pretty clueless, only the second league I've played, so I have no idea if there are any stacking issues or any other problem I'm gonna run into, and really haven't gotten much use out of Bane and Toxic Rain+Mirage Archer aside from bosses/annoying rares, as CA is still melting entire screens.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wasn't referring to your portal working or not.

The way it is SUPPOSED to work (I think) is: When you finish a reward node, once you leave that node any way shape or form, it goes away. However, if you spawn a nexus portal on it, then that will preserve the node until you activate another one. The issue is when the game fucks up and wont put the portal there, you're basically fucked. Because you have to go 1 area over and it goes away.

Either way, it's bugged.
Yea, that is probably what I've been seeing when the reward nodes stay on the map even though I've finished it...and opened a portal back to Nexus. It would be nice if the node disappeared once the portal timed out. Maybe this was fixed with today's patch.

Edit: Looks like most Synth bugs were fixed.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You go in with almost 900 fusings thinking this should most likely work out, heck you might even get lucky. Then you're just left with the depression of failing it all and no guarantee you're any closer than when you started. sigh.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
You go in with almost 900 fusings thinking this should most likely work out, heck you might even get lucky. Then you're just left with the depression of failing it all and no guarantee you're any closer than when you started. sigh.

that feeling when you burn through 500 and still have hope then you're down to 100 and realize the new goal is to get your 5l back and then you don't and have break into your exalt/chaos savings to get enough fusings to get back that 5l you already had and you can kiss that upgrade you were saving for goodbye feelsbadman

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Exalts starting to drop. Should I panic and unload now or do I ride the storm and wait for them to rise to 120+?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Exalts starting to drop. Should I panic and unload now or do I ride the storm and wait for them to rise to 120+?

They banned ip accelerators from China so they may have taken down a large number of bots. Who knows if that will affect the prices long term or if it is temporary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I see no reason to sell exalts right now unless you just need change to buy smaller shit with. Ratio is only going to go up - the days of chaos spamming to "craft" are long dead, and exalts are gonna be king still for trying to get that last affix on your fossil/mastercrafted synthesized base.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am not feeling this league at all. Not only is Betrayal back, but it's clunkier then ever. It's actually much worse in current form then when the league was active. Not to mention there are so many problems with Nexus. They said they fixed stuff that they haven't and even the planned fixes don't address the underlying problems. Synthesis crafting is all well and good, however I feel like they should drop ID'd, I don't know why but I think that would be a good change for them.

Also, for some reason I'm having more trouble progressing maps this league then I did last league. Last league I didn't buy a single map until around T15 ish to fill out my Atlas and then to run Elder. Zana feels rarer in the maps now (probably because she's competing with 3 other leagues that spawn) and map drops don't feel good (I'm pretty sure this is just always the case and RNG gonna RNG).

On the same note, Niko spawns less (cause competing with betrayal), so Delving is much harder. Oh and because we don't get safehouses as much, sulphite scarabs are also much more rare (and were nerfed for some stupid reason anyway). So my favorite thing in the game is much harder to do. They also nerfed fossil farming in low levels so fossil crafting is more rare.

Dunno, half of me thinks that maybe we've just been spoiled since Incursion, but the other half think that a lot of things are not fitting well. The thing about "aligning" yourself to a master and having that master spawn exclusively while you run maps I think is the single best idea and one that could really turn it around. However that probably won't happen during the league (if at all). Really gonna try and power through my challenges but damn it's gonna be hard. This feels more like a bad flashback league then an actual new league.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users