Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So glad I've mostly skipped the Nexus so far, from the posts here it sounds like I did my blood pressure a favor. Back to farming maps/delve

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Like feels less like a game to play and more like a puzzle to figure out how it is "supposed" to work.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is the first league, including even Bestiary, that I have just thought of the loot mechanic as "bonus items/xp" and not actively tried to use it correctly. It's just a pain in the ass. I get it, it's supposed to be potentially mega-rewarding, but the amount of effort to get there compared to previous leagues is just not worth it. I'm sure when people are just farming 81+ maps and each memory is 81+ it's great, but I'm not there yet and hopefully they fine tune this shit even more before I get there.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Like feels less like a game to play and more like a puzzle to figure out how it is "supposed" to work.

This.

They changed it so that when you do a reward node, you have to loot the chests etc first THEN walk into the blue to get ported back to entrance and FROM THERE stabilize the memory. If you stabilize the memory from the reward chests, you can no longer exit that node, and you're done. This is a change with the last patch. Completely unannounced.

It's just so fucked up how.. antiquated this system is. Like how you need to do weird things like go from a decayed island to another one, then bring up your map, delete a previous memory, place a new one, then double click the start thing. I dunno, it just feels extremely clunky and COMPLETELY unexplained.

The idea of the mechanic is fine, but when they design this shit, they need to ask themselves if a brand new player to path of exile will be able to figure out the league the way it is. I cannot see how ANY new PoE player would have any idea what the fuck is going on this league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ZiggyD said they based this league on the board game "Carcassonne". I've never heard of this game and now I know why.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
each time I decide to do a memory run I realize that must be exactly how it feels when a battered woman decides to get back with her abuser

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The numbers on synthesizing for god-tier implicits are all pure autism-realm nonsense anyway. 99% of the player base will never interact with that mechanic in any meaningful fashion, so just leave it to the super spergs trying to craft 1000 ES chests and shit.

This league gets a lot more enjoyable if you think of the memory fragments are free extra mobs for your maps and just ignore the rest of the league mechanics entirely.

typically after about 3 days into a new league r/poe is spammed with god tier "hur dur look what I found/made" item posts. This league? Pretty much nothing except an ES chest or two. Shows you how they made it about the same odds as mega million to win a t1 item from this leagues mechanic

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You know it's bad when the big draw streamers who play PoE professionally basically are just not doing the league mechanics.

wxj25g17x9m21.png

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
typically after about 3 days into a new league r/poe is spammed with god tier "hur dur look what I found/made" item posts. This league? Pretty much nothing except an ES chest or two. Shows you how they made it about the same odds as mega million to win a t1 item from this leagues mechanic

You can't even fossil craft on synthesized items right now so yea, it's all entirely pointless and hilariously rushed/unfinished.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I decided to roll a 2nd char with a few helpful uniques (ranger with thief's torment, tabula etc). Started going for a Windripper farm build but I think I'm going to end it up as a Kinetic Blast wander, eventually going for MF stuff. Am I dumb?

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
While I don't like doing the nexus, it's pretty good xp for the time and I rolled a really good mod on all my nexus which is 2% chance to drop fossils, been making a bunch of money off that just running other stuff and I'm close to cashing in my big square with divination+currency+fossils and like 5 other mods. Overall I expect the fossil mod will have made me 100-150chaos on its own which is pretty fucking great, but on the flipside if you don't get something good, the whole thing is basically just xp and it's annoying to setup.

There's way too many issues and it wasn't tested enough for bugs, the amount of bugs is through the roof, design issues aside.

The fact people during the first couple of days could reset distant memories by ctrl clicking the door for example, the portal back didn't work at all(when it's a fairly central feature) and even now after the "fix" still decides to not open randomly(and earlier it threw me back one tile further for some reason).

The blue shit doesn't suck up everything properly and doesn't spit it back up at the end all the time, meanwhile in the nexus it'll suck up items from enemies killed on the edge of the blue areas but never spit them back in stable memories, so you sometimes hear the filter do a chaos orb sound but it's gone instantly. Losing shit should have been very obvious for any tester and should have been a priority, even if it meant doing it differently(just make all loot drop at the end like incursions, even in stable memories instead of this weird mix).

The whole shit about bosses spawning in the middle of other distant memories, so they can't be accessed(which was fixed, but the affected people didn't get a nexus wipe or a fix so they still have a fucked up boss, and only one boss can be up at a time so they can never do bosses until they fix that).

The issue where if you had 2 straight tiles in a row, the 2nd one would bug out and show it as a curve inside, so you couldn't keep going. And whatever else I forgot.

That's a lot of very glaring issues with QA, not even design problems, which there's plenty of.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I have Not played in years. I think last league was, when rogue exiles were new. So I can just ignore nexus and enjoy all the other stuff, that is new for me.

Playing a flame golem/spectre/zombie build. Damn fun to play, if you enjoy watching your minions unleash hell.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are Poet's Pens still a viable leveling option? They seem retarded cheap this league?

Also, it's 2019 and we still can't shoot Freezing Pulse through doors.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So this is what I came up with as my "fixes" to synthesis, though it's prolly too late at this point.

Curious to hear feedback from the harder core about it though.

1. Change Memory Inventory by breaking down the inventory into a main menu of directions available ("paths"), and a sub menu of each memory with those paths. Allow 10 memories per path.
2. Allow player to plan memories as normal. However, once done, ask for confirmation to lock these memories on the map. Upon them being locked, see #3. Locked memories are automatically active, and don't need to click the side stabilizer/activation node thing.
3. In line with #1 and #2 above, remove all (base) mod information from all memories while they sit in inventory. Instead, generate these when the memories are locked on the map (or otherwise display them at that time).
4. No, don't allow memory rotation.
5. Add a new currency that can be consumed to spawn a Distant Memory. Allow player to control when these are spawned (but not where, nor the type). Allow up to 7 distant memories at once. Currency can only drop from synthesized monsters.
6. Keep memory instances open for the entire time the player is in the Nexus. If they get disconnected, start the normal instance timer. If they return, then keep them active again.
7. Keep the same decay timer for all memories except Distant Memories. Remove the amplifier that adds 1 or 2 turns.
8. Allow us to set a "destination" distant memory, and automatically build/recommend a path based on what's in inventory and then place it based on the pieces we have. Perhaps also highlight Distant Memories that can be built to automatically based on whats in inventory.
9. Re-tune rewards, right now the league is no where near as rewarding as it should be. It seems to me, in my personal opinion, the drop rates on the synthesized monsters are much lower than normal monsters. As such, you MUST get the mods to boost these to levels that otherwise would feel normal.
10. FIXES FOR CONVOLUTED SYSTEM/MECHANICS ---
* Upon entering a memory, automatically open a nexus portal at the same location the memory was entered.
* Once the player clicks the stabilizer at the reward chest location, open another nexus portal at the stabilizer area.
* Anytime the player chooses to port back to a memory from the nexus, the player should be able to choose where in the memory they are porting back to (options should be: Stabilizer (if activated), or any of the paths (in the case of a reward node, it would just be the entrance)
* Upon memory decay, give the player the option to have the game automatically place another memory in its place from inventory *if one is available*.
11. Add better documentation, fix obvious bugs, and do not put situations in where the player has to do crap like purposefully walk into the blue just so the game will teleport you to the right area. None of that should be part of the league. When you design this stuff, you really should say "Can a brand new player to path of exile figure out this one mechanic?". The answer to this is absolutely not.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So you can get multiple Syndicate encounters on a single map now? Just don't remember that being a thing. Got my first intervention of 3 of them at once, only way I managed to get them was running around like a retard and spamming flasks. Then right after run into a fort. Ugh.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got a map with intervention. First one was Chimera from intervention which had interrogate (Rank 1), move to research (shit option). Say fuck it and move him to research because I have 2 more encounters in a map and I cucked myself by not choosing an option my last few intervention encounters. Next encounter in another single chimera in research, only option is to interrogate or move him to fortification. Next encounter is fortification, guess who it is. Yep and and he's alone. I can bargain for 12 fortification or interrogate.

My feeling when I basically just trolled myself by not choosing an option.

1552698807028.png

• 1Solidarity