Path of Exile

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Okay for those with HoA experience: say I wanted to level an elemental bow type character (no skill in particular but I like Ice Shot a lot), would HoA in a tabula still mesh well? The idea would be to eventually 6L a herald of ice and 6L the skill shot. This would be an MF char eventually and Raider ascendant.
Does this not work at all without a chaos/poison type attack?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
b7wz5mzezin21.jpg

Bex said:
Just to keep you in the loop, we have a news post coming later today that outlines how we're improving Synthesis. We intend to have it out by the end of our work day in New Zealand.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

There's some good info in that thread under the crafting, I didn't get to using resonators yet, I've only done the cheaper basic +2 bow for now. I was waiting for a better base to (slowly) work on one of those +3 with viscous projectiles.

Someone linked a crazy bow on the poe forums, I can't find it right now, had a ton of + to various types of sockets

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Figures you'd exalt a non hubris ES helm....

What? Mind cage has 7 less ES than hubris, at literal perfect rolls it's maybe 20 less ES than a hubris...

Isn't maximum ES better than hybrid es/life%?

It was when i made my helmet, gave me more ES. Unless you're playing hybrid!

It already has t1 flat energy shield and t1 energy shield %, the hybrid life is the only other craft for more ES with the other option being exalting the hybrid block/stun recovery version.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
allowing memories to be moved, and the less spread, but bigger effect of global mods, should go a long way into making the nexus playable.

This alone fixes most of the issues I have with the nexus, so long as the fucking portals work right.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having total build block. Too many ideas swirling in my head but don’t have the currency to commit to more than one, so if that one doesn’t work out in fucked. end up having to farm an elder map in a build I’m already bored of just to farm up a currency cushion. This is why week 3 of every league sucks for me

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Big changes for Synthesis. Alot of the complaints not addressed directly...
but allowing memories to be moved, and the less spread, but bigger effect of global mods, should go a long way into making the nexus playable.
Those all seem really nice changes, especially being able to move nodes AND being able to choose which node gets buffed by a Modifier.

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
So this is hitting PS4 on the 26th of March!

Bearing in mind that I will not be playing with a keyboard and mouse, does anyone have advice on a decent starter build? I’m thinking Cyclone could work well.

Trading is apparently very limited, so I’m assuming it’ll play like self-found adventure :emoji_raised_back_of_hand:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So this is hitting PS4 on the 26th of March!

Bearing in mind that I will not be playing with a keyboard and mouse, does anyone have advice on a decent starter build? I’m thinking Cyclone could work well.

Trading is apparently very limited, so I’m assuming it’ll play like self-found adventure :emoji_raised_back_of_hand:

If you want to start without frustration and the pain of dying all the time to mobs you don't understand, roll a MS juggernaut.

It's easy to play to end game and you will learn loads before taking on some of the more complex classes and monsters.

Also easy to gear just get a decent claw with life gained on it and your away (pretty much). Don't need anything fancy till late in the game. Plus it's pretty much a one button build.

Cyclone is not so good as it can be hard to control your positioning (which is extremely important later on) and gearing it could be a pain in self found.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff

I tried this and got it out of the story. I'm hoping it's just my level (63) but it's pretty rough. Multiple deaths in a T1 map and couldn't kill the boss. Around 3100 life and resist capped. Figured I'd farm a few levels in an A10 zone and try again but...rough start for sure.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I tried this and got it out of the story. I'm hoping it's just my level (63) but it's pretty rough. Multiple deaths in a T1 map and couldn't kill the boss.
Have you switched to blade flurry yet? Do you have BoR and dual claws including bloodseeker? If you have then you should be maintaining fortify at all time using whirling blades. That combined with the blind from BoR and all of your natural defences should keep you alive.
The main thing which used to kill me was carelessness.. Usually opening strongboxes without identifying them first...

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
63 when you get to maps is super low if you're not playing a super-twink that you just skipped most of the mobs in the story on... I'm usually 70 before I even get to act 10.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Have you switched to blade flurry yet? Do you have BoR and dual claws including bloodseeker? If you have then you should be maintaining fortify at all time using whirling blades. That combined with the blind from BoR and all of your natural defences should keep you alive.
The main thing which used to kill me was carelessness.. Usually opening strongboxes without identifying them first...

Using Blade Flurry and Bloodseeker claw with another unique claw in offhand that is ~230 dps or so. Bringer of Rain is 67 but have it stashed, along with a high DPS rare claw (lvl 72).

And yeah I definitely sped through the story, leap slam + blood magic makes for fast questing...

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Using Blade Flurry and Bloodseeker claw with another unique claw in offhand that is ~230 dps or so. Bringer of Rain is 67 but have it stashed, along with a high DPS rare claw (lvl 72).
Ah yeah.. Bringer of Rain is huge, hopefully that will improve things for you. Betrayal was basically my first league and that build carried me through the game with ease.

If you like delving then you can do really well there too. I'm missing it now since I'm playing a storm brand elementalist this league which feels way too squishy to delve effectively on.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I tried this and got it out of the story. I'm hoping it's just my level (63) but it's pretty rough. Multiple deaths in a T1 map and couldn't kill the boss. Around 3100 life and resist capped. Figured I'd farm a few levels in an A10 zone and try again but...rough start for sure.

Run Act 9 blood aqueducts over and over until 68-70.

Protip: Hold CTRL when you click the portal to open a new instance.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Me: Fuck, elder influence went to one single yellow area, should i clear it?
Kimble: Nah
Me: Ok
Path of Exile:

• 1Triggered
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users