Path of Exile

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am not doing CI.

I have Assassin's Mark on my glove at the moment, so:

RoA - Poison Support - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic - Blind - Maim

Alternately, you could use the following if you don't have Assassin's Mark on gloves or ring:

RoA - Poison Support - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark

And on the crawler:

HoAg - Minion Speed - Damage on Full Life - Minion Damage - Vicious Projectiles - Phys to Lightning

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I wouldn't be a fan of that build either. Toxic Rain doesn't immediately hit nearly as much as Rain of Arrows, so Virulence stacks are harder to maintain(your crawler can kill mobs before pods burst), LGoH is less reliable, applying curses is delayed, and you're missing Profane Bloom for that sweet pack clear. Also, Convocation's CD was halved this patch.

What didn't you like about it?

It was Toxic Rain. Couldn't say exactly what but it didn't feel good; the delay on shooting and hitting, etc. I do like Ranger builds overall (I've got a Standard league Windripper Raider which I like a lot, switching between Ice Shot and Tornado Shot).

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I resemble this as well, and I've been around since Open Beta. I am pushing 50 so reflexes are out the door - which is why I bemoan the downfall of melee; I want to facetank and win lol - if I find the right gear for this MS Jugg I think it may be my last chance.

And, yeah, the min/max in this game makes such a huge difference. I simply cannot find it in me to do a regular pot rotation, and I KNOW how that hamstrings how far I will ever get in this game. And if you don't buy 20/23 or 21/20 gems it takes a LONG time to do them yourself, and when you 19/15 them, the pain is especially poignant.

BUT, and that is a giant but, like a I love Big Buts and I don't know why - PoE remains, bar none, the best ARPG out there for me. The progression, build options and loot (even with all the garbage) is the best in the business and makes it nigh on impossible to get "bored". I left Syndicate in January, and coming back after a couple of months mean I am enjoying the game so much I don't even care that this is without question the shittiest league mechanic they have released to date.

I have a stick hotglued over my flask keys for easy upkeep. Well 1-4 since I don’t like to keep lions roar up so that’s on the side button. I only play melee, I’ve never played a caster in any game. It is generally shit overall since you have to play proper on mechanics of fights but Tec slam and double strike have been strong. DS was pure face tank but that was insta leech so I don’t know how it is now. Tec slam is really good but not face tank material but is the build I’ve done all the end game stuff with. Just started a frost blades build that’s pretty damn strong and while not a face tanker it melts bosses before face tanking is even needed. I don’t know why I haven’t done molten strike given how blatantly powerful it is. I’ll probably try it next, just in time for it to get nerfed after I’ve spent all my currency on it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have Assassin's Mark on my glove at the moment, so:

RoA - Poison Support - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic - Blind - Maim

Alternately, you could use the following if you don't have Assassin's Mark on gloves or ring:

RoA - Poison Support - Life Gain on Hit - Blood Magic - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark

And on the crawler:

HoAg - Minion Speed - Damage on Full Life - Minion Damage - Vicious Projectiles - Phys to Lightning
Assassin's Mark seems like a waste. How much crit chance does the crawler have?

For RoA: Blind I bet you can get from 1-2 abyss jewels. Maim seems marginal since your crawler doesn't end up doing any physical damage. Are you planning on going CI eventually?

Evernothing

I will have to check the Crit Chance when I am at home.

I'm basically using the build below but I went for Whispers of Doom, so I can apply 2 curses.

Forum - Ranger - [3.6] FunRoom's Crit Herald of Agony PF/Ascendant [League Starter] [Uber Elder] [Beginner's Guide] - Path of Exile

It has the following to say about Assassin's Mark / Crit Chance

Code:
Minions and Power Charges (Crit with Assassin's Mark)
- You can give minion power charges by either using Necromantic Aegis on a Victario's Charity, or by Assassin's Mark curse.
- Conduit has no effect on minions.
- Minions gain 200% increased critical strike chance per power charge.
- Assuming a minion is having 5% crit chance, 3 power charges would give them a 35% chance to crit.
- Since we have physical damage converted to cold and lightning, this means that our minion can now freeze and shock when it critically strike.
- With level 12 Assassin's Mark, enemies have an extra 8% chance to receive a critical strike. That makes it a total of 43%.
- Given that our minion's base damage is so high, we can often find it perma freezing T15 bosses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I will have to check the Crit Chance when I am at home.

I'm basically using the build below but I went for Whispers of Doom, so I can apply 2 curses.

Forum - Ranger - [3.6] FunRoom's Crit Herald of Agony PF/Ascendant [League Starter] [Uber Elder] [Beginner's Guide] - Path of Exile

It has the following to say about Assassin's Mark / Crit Chance

Code:
Minions and Power Charges (Crit with Assassin's Mark)
- You can give minion power charges by either using Necromantic Aegis on a Victario's Charity, or by Assassin's Mark curse.
- Conduit has no effect on minions.
- Minions gain 200% increased critical strike chance per power charge.
- Assuming a minion is having 5% crit chance, 3 power charges would give them a 35% chance to crit.
- Since we have physical damage converted to cold and lightning, this means that our minion can now freeze and shock when it critically strike.
- With level 12 Assassin's Mark, enemies have an extra 8% chance to receive a critical strike. That makes it a total of 43%.
- Given that our minion's base damage is so high, we can often find it perma freezing T15 bosses.
Good to know, thanks. I'm not a huge fan of life based builds if they have a CI or LL counterpart. The CI build I'm planning out easily goes over 12k ES, just seems silly to pass that up.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It was Toxic Rain. Couldn't say exactly what but it didn't feel good; the delay on shooting and hitting, etc. I do like Ranger builds overall (I've got a Standard league Windripper Raider which I like a lot, switching between Ice Shot and Tornado Shot).

Play it using Rain of Arrow's, you'll be evaporating T15 maps in a tabula, it's a great build.

I'm happy it didn't get nerfed yet as I always wanted to play it again as it's so enjoyable to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
also, just plain power creep. Didn't used to be a million skills or effects to causing aoe procs, shattering, etc. Spark aoe coverage vs... cleave.

and to participate in the power creep you have to participate in -all- the content AND work with the now very tedious crafting system

people say 'just do what you enjoy' but I enjoy mapping, delve and being efficient with my progression. I can't do all three anymore.

• 1Solidarity

Evernothing

I've never done CI or LL. Might look into that on my next build. Or if I decide to convert this one later.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Found an amazing mind cage earlier and exalted 1.3 life regen on it for the last suffix!

t1 flat es, t1 es%, crafted es%/life (barely worse than t1 hybrid es/recovery), t1 res t2 res are the other mods...

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Isn't maximum ES better than hybrid es/life%?

It was when i made my helmet, gave me more ES. Unless you're playing hybrid!

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tried Spark last night. How was this skill ever meta? It's clear in open maps is bad. And even in indoor maps, it will somehow leave stragglers despite unleashing 4 casts(9 projectiles each) into a small room. Standing next to a door/wall/obstacle and cast slightly in its direction and the obstacle will each all your sparks. I suspect this is the same issue Freezing Pulse and Scourge Arrow players complain about.

So, cross that off my list of builds to try. Wanted to try new EK, it does good damage again, but just kinda boring honestly. Nobody plays self cast Ice Nova or Shock Nova for the same reason.

I still want to try Soulrend in some build, probably as a clear skill of sorts. But I'm worried about sustain. I play sloppy so I like builds that can rebound quickly.

I tried starting the league with spark and gave up around lvl 30ish I think. It was ok, but that randomness on actually hitting stuff got under my skin a little bit. I switched to an elemental hit totem build and am loving it. It has taken me a bit to gear up, but Im at lvl 91 I think and will probably unlock my tier 9's after work today. I still need my gloves and rings though and I 'should' be set outside of slightly better jewels and vaal'ing uber upgrades (or more likely bricking them). I am still a noob on what all to pick up as far as item bases and what makes a good enough rare to sell for 30+c though so not telling how many times I've missed out on good stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guy in the guild is doing vaal spark and it works pretty well at clearing maps. Horrible for bossing but the clear is pretty lolzy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems Vaal fireball works better though, it's ok-ish for bosses if you can get them close to a wall and the map clear from what I've seen looks fairly similar since the aoe of fireball becomes gigantic once it flies a bit with the jewel.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Fingers crossed they made the Betrayal stuff bearable, I might get interested in progressing again. If I'm dying to lack of skill/build/gear, that's cool, dying to momentary lag on a random encounter that can kill me in a second sucks. Still rather them all being sub map somehow, like the labs and strongholds are, but it is what it is. Least my raider has no xp to lose to try it out again.

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question, if I put a faceted fossil to craft a bow, am I guaranteed to get a 1 +str/int/dex gem? If so can I get multiple of those affixes from one fossil or do I have to use multiple faceted fossils do get multiple str/int/dex support gem affixes?

EDIT: communicating my thoughts are hard

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question, if I put a faceted fossil to craft a bow, am I guaranteed to get a 1 +str/int/dex gem? If so can I get multiple of those affixes from one fossil or do I have to use multiple faceted fossils do get multiple str/int/dex support gem affixes?

EDIT: communicating my thoughts are hard

I doubt you're guaranteed anything.
Dont know if you can get multiple of those affixes from 1 fossil, i would think not.
You can't use multiple of the same type of fossil in 1 resonator.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK I didn't know you couldn't use multiple fossils, I've never fossil crafted. So I would assume by that logic you CAN get multiple str/int/dex affixes from 1 fossil because I've seen bows with multiple of that on there. I'm trying to craft at least a +3 bow for my soulrend and was going to try a metallic/corroded/prissmatic/faceted

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Reddit's probably the place to look if you want to craft a bow, there's tons of guides.

The really rare fossils guarantee you something, abyssal socket or corruption mod etc

I'm pretty sure a faceted will give you + to gems but i've no idea what to use it with on a bow.