Path of Exile

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Honestly not sure how useful that'd be versus just using a normal movement skill. Melee doesn't have issues in that regard, due to having high attack speed, they can use both leapslam and whirling blades and easily beat most ranged classes in terms of "movement" speed. The pull would be super situational, and you'd still want a movement skill to actually move close to the next pack to pull yourself to it, at which point you might as well just do one more leap/whirl and save a gem slot. You can also use QotF evasion builds with a bunch of melee builds and just run to places like you would normally with a quicksilver and shit.

Good points all.

Maybe make it a support skill, like, you use the spear to pull to a pack and it autocasts the supported melee skill like cleave for instance.
Just (hare)brainstorming here :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus I know this is going to seem dumb, but Wilson sounds EXACTLY like Ziggy-D. Are they related? Their voices are almost identical. Not like all NZers sound the same (although they do sorta hahahaahah, but seriously...)
Just watched that, and its great. Hearing his ideas on how to keep PoE going gives me confidence it will be a game I'll always come back too.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How did you do Perandus? I don't even have any coins, let alone any chances to spend them.

I farmed coins from buying Perandus Scarabs and bought a Belly of the Beast for 6k coins spawn for 6 ex (hardcore price).

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Any idea if the melee rebalance or look at is going to be in a more complicated league like synthesis or gonna scale it back a little?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They said its going to be simpler.

We are currently planning to announce our 3.7.0 expansion between the 17th and 24th of May although we will give you a firmer indication of the timing as we get closer to the announcement. We'll go into more detail about its exact contents when we announce it, but can confirm that there is a significant balance focus on Melee and a League of a simpler scope than the last few. Our internal playtest version of the new league is much further along than leagues normally are at this point in the development cycle. We're hoping it'll be a new fan-favourite.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Next league should just be breach + beyond enabled full time or just do legacy league again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Breach is somehow almost perfect. I'm always happy to see breaches in my map. It's the only thing in the game that doesnt really annoy me in some way or another. It's well designed enough that it doesn't bother me that its utterly unrewarding, pure breachstones non withstanding.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Breach is somehow almost perfect. I'm always happy to see breaches in my map. It's the only thing in the game that doesnt really annoy me in some way or another. It's well designed enough that it doesn't bother me that its utterly unrewarding, pure breachstones non withstanding.

• 1Triggered

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

BTW, I love synthesis now (except the piece of shit bosses, fuck those things). However, you really need to not pay attention to the memories, pathing, etc. All you need to do is make your + reward area, and then go to a reward node you want. the rewards are pretty insane, and if you don't spend any time "figuring anything out" and simply just "run memories" it goes well. The only thinking at all is building your initial + pattern.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Actually, that was me you were talking to. If you're confused, just remember that my character names are better.

• 1Barf

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I rolled up a Winter Orb elementalist just to see what all the fuss is about.

Fun! I actually liked BV, but got annoyed with the mechanic, and the faster power-up with Worb helps a ton. It had a slow spot through about Act 5 and 6 but then started to dominate again, even with shit gear.

It is memerrific. Metarific...? Whatever.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

Fun! I actually liked BV, but got annoyed with the mechanic, and the faster power-up with Worb helps a ton. It had a slow spot through about Act 5 and 6 but then started to dominate again, even with shit gear.

Try trickster, it's better in every way, but Elementalist's beacon of ruin lag alone is reason enough.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I felt like I could maintain BV for longer, I also only needed about 2 charges to map well enough. I also felt that having the +2 enchant was almost mandatory. Winter Orb is probably better just on the range alone.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Winter Orb was pretty awesome, tried it in 3.5. I just don't like the stop-cast-move playstyle. Maybe a trickster for more cast speed would make it better?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It does. My worb cast time is down to 0.07s. With a Solstice Vigil(or some moderate increased duration), I stutter-pause every pack to maintain packs. It's barely discernable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users