Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Viable, but you might end up missing the cast speed of a Trickster.

I don't understand the comments about charging time for Winter Orb. There's a couple important things to note here that aren't apparent from just reading the skill. It is NOT range Blade Vortex. With BV, you get a couple stacks and then run around until they fall off. Adding 2 more stacks does nothing for the duration of other stacks, they are completely independent of each other. Thus nobody goes around maintaining full stacks of BV.

Winter Orb, however, even for clearing, you want full stacks. It effects cast frequency, which is basically a more multiplier on its cast time of 0.8s. Secondly, stacks decay in order. Thus, by doing a small channel every pack, you're protecting the investment of previous stacks and maintaining a high stack count. It doesn't actually make an effective difference in charge time, but does make the flow of combat much easier to acclimate to. You can weave flame dash, movement pot, flask macro, and mini channel very well. Charging back up to full stacks every 6s(for me, I have Solstice Vigil) would not be fun.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there a way to bind all flasks to one key that I'm not finding? Not very good at triggering 4 for buffs regularly and seems like that'd be useful

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Winter Orb, however, even for clearing, you want full stacks. It effects cast frequency, which is basically a more multiplier on its cast time of 0.8s. Secondly, stacks decay in order. Thus, by doing a small channel every pack, you're protecting the investment of previous stacks and maintaining a high stack count. It doesn't actually make an effective difference in charge time, but does make the flow of combat much easier to acclimate to. You can weave flame dash, movement pot, flask macro, and mini channel very well. Charging back up to full stacks every 6s(for me, I have Solstice Vigil) would not be fun.

This is what I (think?) I do, the problem is I don't want to keep glancing at the upper left to get the stack count, but I very often will stop running. I hold both mouse buttons down when I run and then let go of running for a split second then click it again. That's how I do a lot of short charges. Even so though, it still is a lot of stopping. I still have a lot to learn on it though.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to bind all flasks to one key that I'm not finding? Not very good at triggering 4 for buffs regularly and seems like that'd be useful

Technically, that's breaking the tos, so you do that however you want at your own risk. Most of us have gotten good just tapping all 5 keys like a piano.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is what I (think?) I do, the problem is I don't want to keep glancing at the upper left to get the stack count, but I very often will stop running. I hold both mouse buttons down when I run and then let go of running for a split second then click it again. That's how I do a lot of short charges. Even so though, it still is a lot of stopping. I still have a lot to learn on it though.
Don't glance at the stack count. You'll get used to how often and how long you have to tap.

K k^M AHK flask macro. I wouldn't play the game without it.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
that moment when you frown at just a 1 ex prismatic but then identify the rare dagger (which I added crit multi after).

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Storm brand elem is kinda silly. It's just nonstop plow. The only thing that will kill me is my shitty gear. If it didn't 1shot me, i've won the map.

Kinda fun though.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, watcher's eye. Not used to someone referring to it by the base item type.

You want the few chaos I offered for that shitty dagger? It's a very generous offer.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Oh, watcher's eye. Not used to someone referring to it by the base item type.

You want the few chaos I offered for that shitty dagger? It's a very generous offer.

By a few you mean 2000? :)

I am still amazed it *dropped* like that. I think thats the luckiest raw drop I've ever had.

Edit: Did a winter orb map video of t15. You can see how much I suck at keeping the stacks higher, but I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any comments on where I can improve here? Cleared a few T12 maps in the atlas but getting to the point where any major boss sneezes and I die. I had removed some points from % life nodes as I was getting smashed anyway, would try grabbing more damage/leech and see if it ran any better.

Can't make it beyond about halfway through the final labyrinth for the last ascension points, so still trying to work on that otherwise. First league so would like to try and push as far as I can before they do the reset (update?) next month.

View Profile - Path of Exile - magistery

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
AladainAF AladainAF Not using Flame Dash is insulting. It'll help your clear speed and improve muscle memory for how often and how long you need to channel WOrb. Why do you have so much mana unreserved?

K k^M Are you following a build guide? The basic issue is that your EHP is way too low. Also, you probably picked the worst league to play Slayer.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any comments on where I can improve here? Cleared a few T12 maps in the atlas but getting to the point where any major boss sneezes and I die. I had removed some points from % life nodes as I was getting smashed anyway, would try grabbing more damage/leech and see if it ran any better.

Can't make it beyond about halfway through the final labyrinth for the last ascension points, so still trying to work on that otherwise. First league so would like to try and push as far as I can before they do the reset (update?) next month.

View Profile - Path of Exile - magistery

So i'm no expert at melee so if someone wants to correct me feel free. I wont mention too many specifics cause i think you just have more of a foundational problem with this build and thats i think cause you're trying to be a bleed cyklone. I just dont think this works very well. For instance Bleed only stacks once so a fast attack (with lower dmg / hit) isn't the best, this just leads to bad dps which has made you bandaid it to the best of your ability with lots of "increased damage" nodes that you really cant afford.

Here's some more thoughts, non-exhaustive though.

-Life leech is based on your max hp. More life = more leech. As melee you probably want to have like 200% "increased maximum life" from your tree. You also have armor nodes when most of your gear is evasion based. In general melee has it hard even if you got the health and need several layers of additional defense like endurance charges, fortify etc.
-You're over invested in leech nodes with the 3 "lust for carnage" ones. If your dps and hp was higher it would fix itself.
-You're also over invested in "increased damage" nodes. 10% increased damage when you're already at 400% increased is only a 2% actual increase. People usually try and diversify more with attack speed, crit and crit multi etc.

i ran out of ideas so I'll just end by saying you've made it hard on yourself. Some sickly good gear could fix it probably but i dont know, and why would you? Melee will get upgraded next patch in june so just wait till then if you want to play melee.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the feedback, was trying to follow along with something but will start burning through some of these regret orbs and making changes.

Cheers

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure I use it a lot, maybe I didn't in that video but I use it a lot!

You shouldn't be needing that much mana--I function with 210 unreserved.

Thanks for the feedback, was trying to follow along with something but will start burning through some of these regret orbs and making changes.

Cheers

msg me if you need some regrets, I have a bunch I'm not using.