Path of Exile

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm going to try holy flame totem, saw a guy doing uber elder on hardcore with it and it looked really great. Clears not fantastic but i've leveled all my builds recently using totems and never played one end game so figure i might as well take one to red maps and see how it pans out.

I'm not really looking for any mtx just a chance to mess about with stuff before the next league as i'm planning my own build for that one i think (kinda boring following build guides after a while and they inevitably fail in some aspect or another).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah mostly just doing it because I need fillers until XIV expansion but I can't seem to get into some of the other games I have atm. The MTX would be a bonus. Gonna do that, maybe give Grim Dawn a little whirl with the new patch again, probably replay some actual FFXIV on another account and maybe I'll feel like playing some other game at some point. I had a quick interest in reinstalling Total Warhammer 2, but I'm on ADSL since I moved and they can't get my fiber shit working for now, and game's 75gb to download so I figured now's not the best time for that. Reminds me I should probably patch shit up before tomorrow at the speed it's going. Going back to the Internet stoneage feels weird.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Just last night I watched a viper strike video by that guy that makes server-crashing builds. Be fucked if I can find it now for some weird reason. He basically made infinite poison stacks that had a 15 minute duration. It had no real survivability so he died a lot, but it was basically cast on death because the poison killed the boss at the "rez screen" through immunity phases and all.

Edit - read that Q&A 2:

Can you please make Sulphite per-league rather than per-character?

Surprisingly, this actually became another Yes. Again, we aren't sure which expansion it'll go in, as there are a bunch of things we have to change at the same time to resolve our concerns with Sulphite being shared across all your characters in the league

Translation - we don't want you to be able to level your alt all the way through Delve so we are looking into creative ways to continue to limit your Delve experience.

Players feel that map sustainability is tied up with Betrayal and other master content, making it non optional. What is your stance on this?

We also have a plan for this that we are considering at the same time as the changed mentioned in the answer to the last question. We'll hopefully post about it within a few weeks.

Translation - It's bosses. We are adding increased map chance for bosses. But that is it. But we are VERY excited. Look how excited we are. You won't be, but we are excited about this and every other question you asked as well.

Have you guys considered allowing us to trade maps of a tier for any other map of that same tier for a small cost at an NPC?

Our current plan is to add Orbs of Horizons to the main drop pool so that it's easier to perform the transformation you want to do here

........At divine orb drop rate.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just did not enjoy WOrb when I did that meme build based on frostferno and ice spear. Used those swords that add projectiles. Was LoL at times firing out a bajillion ice balls that did fire damage only. But if something breathed on me I died.

Edit: also this is the first league I’ve played that I’ve never seen a raw exalt, raw annul, or divine drop. I definitely lasered in on UE when I played and did synthesis. My played this league is way lower and I usually just do two characters but I’m about to do my fourth which is a lot of time in lower content, but still.

2500 fusings and never linked the Perfect Form I got. Ended up just running one Deathwing gave me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just last night I watched a viper strike video by that guy that makes server-crashing builds. Be fucked if I can find it now for some weird reason. He basically made infinite poison stacks that had a 15 minute duration. It had no real survivability so he died a lot, but it was basically cast on death because the poison killed the boss at the "rez screen" through immunity phases and all.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That video's awesome, always wondered if mobs went invuln when you died as I had played a necromancer for a little bit but nothing ever died after I did.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That video's awesome, always wondered if mobs went invuln when you died as I had played a necromancer for a little bit but nothing ever died after I did.

They did specifically nerf summons to not do damage when you were dead, because of someone making a video of killing Shaper with a golem build while being dead(it was a long time ago when Shaper was still kinda relevant too). At least permanent summons, I think temp summons might still do damage.

Caeden

Alright. Maybe I’ll give WOrb another shot in the flashback. How critical is it to do the full eternity shroud? My time is limited so generating that level of currency over a couple weeks I expect to be hard.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eternity Shroud is not required for any build nor any content.

LL, for conversion-based WOrb at least, can generate comparable DPS numbers while being much easier to gear.

Caeden

Good. I had planned to go dw scepters with chaos conversion, pyre, cold to fire, and a rare 5L to start. Goal would be LL.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since I'm just going to 85, I expect the most investment I'll put into my worb char is getting a Tabula. Doubt I need much more to do T5 maps.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If you know the sockets you can save time and just buy a corrupt 6l with some stats on it. I did this this league and it was 5c about 3 hours into the league. It's good if you don't plan on changing colours which i don't this league and I certainly don't plan on heading into delve to get the 6l recipie or try and fuse something myself - that can fuck right off.

Last edited:

Caeden

I’m not sure I’ll touch delve much or synthesis. I’m just gonna map map map.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Just gonna use Flashback as practice for getting to maps quicker. I fucking suck and it usually takes me a couple days.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just gonna use Flashback as practice for getting to maps quicker. I fucking suck and it usually takes me a couple days.

What really helped me out is watching some of the streamers race. You watch a couple of races and you get the gist of where to go and how fast, etc...

I think kitava is what now 3-4 hours?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
What really helped me out is watching some of the streamers race. You watch a couple of races and you get the gist of where to go and how fast, etc...

I think kitava is what now 3-4 hours?
Ya those guys are insane. It's hard not to kill everything and I still don't know which quests in the last five acts give skill points or Respec points so I do em all.

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
They're letting you create characters for Flashback now, and stand 'on the starting line' in Twilight Strand immobile until the top of the hour...