Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This.

I still don't know the difference between:

+10% Spell Damage
+10% Lightning Damage
+10% Elemental Damage
+10% Damage

When talking about say, lightning damage. I mean, I know what each one -does- I just don't know how they all interact. You're right, there's a lot of complexity for complexities sake.
All increased damage is additive, all more damage is multiplicative. If you're using a lightning spell, and all these are Increased, then you have +40% damage. If it's a lightning attack, only 30% since spell damage doesn't work. This part's actually very simple to get(although it's not explained at all in the game I'm pretty sure).

I do dislike all the more damage supports though, as most of them are just more with a side effects, and often you just stack the ones with side effects that don't affect you or only affect you positively(like reduced duration on shit you don't care if it's shorter duration, or elemental focus when you build for no crits anyway and so on). And it basically boils down to checking pob and figuring out which supports add the more damage after you've selected the "good" supports like GMP or whatever.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I can’t stand the increased vs more vs. extra and whatever other confusing as fuck conditions they throw on mods. Is this 10% damage worth 10% or not? The first time I figured out that attacks have 1.24% crit chance was like a billion times more dps than 10% global critical strike chance I wanted to choke someone. I can plug it into pob and check but it’s be nice to actually understand it

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I quit this game many times over my first few months.
I never do the ultra version of this strat and i still manage to sustain just random 14-15 reds... I don't even keep great sextants all the time.

Anyway, if anyone has spare fragments, I'm doing Uber Elder tries...i've blown four sets and i'm getting them both to about 20%. I think I'm right there...just being sloppy. I'm doing Shaper deathless, so I know its just a matter of getting reps and getting the fight to "slow down" for me. This is my goal this league.

Also, you can keep him perpetually spawned right and run the Shaper t16 around him and so on?
No, if you spawn Elder, you have 20 maps to "interact" with any of them(Elder and his guarians) or everything Elder related poofs. By interact, I mean just even attempt the boss.

The center of the map is not a good place to maintain and unspawned Elder blob. You usually park it on a white Eldered map and then prevent it from growing to 20 maps, which is when Elder spawns. Corners of the Atlas and Shaper strongholds help a lot with this.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Assuming your skill had the "lightning" and "spell" tag, assuming all of those were increased modifiers, they'd add together for 40% increased damage. Complexity is fine, but they fell off the rails with the original skill design and most builds are about one skill linked to five more damage supports.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And lets not even get started on the items, the bases and the affixes, suffixes and hybrid shit which all takes forever to learn too. How many noobs sold a 1-5EX piece because they did not know it was god tier item? :raises hand: At least they added the little thingie that shows you your tier of roll now which helps, but still... They had entire websites dedicated to this shit its so fucking complex... poeaffix

I mean, yeah, complexity is great, but some of this shit is just complexity just to be complex.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just managed to kill Uber Elder for the first time ever...I should have definitely had it in the next to last set...probably set before that. Looked like sub 10% attempts on both where I zigged instead of zagged. Now it'll probably become easy peasy :/.

All these complaints and I haven't been as satisfied with a gaming accomplishment this much since probably Lich King or Yogg Saron. Maybe Zelda beating the harder overworld mobs.

Actually...knocking out Protection Paladin Challenge Appearance in Legion was pretty fucking sweet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can’t stand the increased vs more vs. extra and whatever other confusing as fuck conditions they throw on mods. Is this 10% damage worth 10% or not? The first time I figured out that attacks have 1.24% crit chance was like a billion times more dps than 10% global critical strike chance I wanted to choke someone. I can plug it into pob and check but it’s be nice to actually understand it

Now you know why everyong puts everything in PoB (path of building) to see which is really an increase compared to something else.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
And lets not even get started on the items, the bases and the affixes, suffixes and hybrid shit which all takes forever to learn too. How many noobs sold a 1-5EX piece because they did not know it was god tier item? :raises hand: At least they added the little thingie that shows you your tier of roll now which helps, but still... They had entire websites dedicated to this shit its so fucking complex... poeaffix

I mean, yeah, complexity is great, but some of this shit is just complexity just to be complex.

I can't believe that they all sat in a meeting room and decided it would be a good idea to add fractured and synthesised items to the pool.

Last edited:

Ridas

Pay to play forum
This is the first league I played for a longer time and yellow items are confusing as fuck. Sometimes I get spammed to oblivion, because I priced something way too low.

Also still working on my uber elder kill. I had to stay away from my own build and streamline it, but still dying way too often. i hardly gain exp, because after a long day at work you just autopilot through maps and dont pay much attention and then some random shit kills you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If one wanted to compete for a demi, what would be the ascendancy and league? Berserker hardcore?
Well definitely Hardcore. For the classes it kinda depends, you might think Berserker is best but a lot of people also think that and you end up with a fair bit of competition. Not too bad but not too good ascendencies might be better, like champion, saboteur, chieftain etc. At least I think it was like that past leagues but it's always kind of a gamble.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This is the first league I played for a longer time and yellow items are confusing as fuck. Sometimes I get spammed to oblivion, because I priced something way too low.

Also still working on my uber elder kill. I had to stay away from my own build and streamline it, but still dying way too often. i hardly gain exp, because after a long day at work you just autopilot through maps and dont pay much attention and then some random shit kills you.

Use poe trade ahk script. It's not great for rares but it will let you know something is valuable. I've been shocked sometimes at stuff I thought was trash and it's been worth a couple of ex.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well definitely Hardcore. For the classes it kinda depends, you might think Berserker is best but a lot of people also think that and you end up with a fair bit of competition. Not too bad but not too good ascendencies might be better, like champion, saboteur, chieftain etc. At least I think it was like that past leagues but it's always kind of a gamble.

Id go with Assassin.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Over the course of two leagues though, you pick it up well. Affixes become easier to glance at. Understanding why something is worth something is easier.

Synthesis and Fractured are a mess. I also think Betrayal crafting unlocks are annoying as shit but I kinda see their point. I hadn’t tried buying the items to target unlocks though. Some of the reasoning is a bit hypocritical given how deterministic the single most powerful craft (multi mod) is to obtain.

Issues would be moot if they built a crafting interface that allowed a genuine trade of crafts.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hardcore, but not ssf right?

Is it even worth competing for a demi if you aren't going to take any time off?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Who was that streamer that vaaled a gem on a tinys trial and it vaaled into like a fucking god tier perfect 50ex+ gem and he was like "oh, that's disappointing" and vendored it, having no fucking idea what he made.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Who was that streamer that vaaled a gem on a tinys trial and it vaaled into like a fucking god tier perfect 50ex+ gem and he was like "oh, that's disappointing" and vendored it, having no fucking idea what he made.

Sounds about right, those fucking trials..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hardcore, but not ssf right?

Is it even worth competing for a demi if you aren't going to take any time off?
Sounds unlikely if you don't take time off but maybe, I don't know. I personally just don't like the idea of being "forced" to play the entire time anyway so I didn't really check. I'd say not SSF might be less competitive than SSF, since SSF has all the streamers and shit. But I don't know for sure, you could check the data for the past league maybe. I think some classes didn't get to 100 last time for example, but for the most part you have to aim for 96+ which is still quite the time investment.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I find it amusing that after weeks of absence from reddit, Bex is basically back like Synthesis never happened