Path of Exile

Caliane

they have hotfixing tech, that certain things can be done server side, without you logging off.

checking bug forum, and known issues reddit post. I don't see any mention of it. so, not sure if there was a hotfix for what you are saying.
Forum - Patch Notes - Path of Exile

no mention in restartless patch notes either.

Last edited:

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Should I wait to craft stuff in the menagerie or just grab stuff when I can?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
No reason to wait, other than the corruption to 30% quality stuff, that's kinda useful to use on endgame gear, but most of the other stuff is just whatever level your main beasts are so it doesn't get any better. If you get one of the rare beasts though, they're usually worth more selling directly than trying to get something(it's gambling though, if you get the right items it's big money).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy

If you get a boss monster you can craft an aspect on your gear - they are buffs/debuffs that are pretty nice, but not worth using unless you know that your gonna use the item a while and have space to craft it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw who was it that had a macro for flasks shit? I remember someone talking about it a while back. Wondering, should I use some random timers or does GGG not care that much as long as I'm not spamming them? I don't mind using flasks so much on summoner cause I don't have too much else to do and I use quicksilvers to move around anyway but on my current melee I'm spamming shit all over the place already and having to hit 3 flasks every 5secs is a pain in the dick.

Caliane

got bladestorm.
im not very impressed. I think perforate might be better. or, obviously cyclone.

Perforate deals 196% base damage. then 65% less damage in blood stance, while hitting 2-4? times. 68% base weapon damage x2-4? 136-273%weapon damage. fairly small aoe.
In sand stance, its a fairly large x pattern at a solid 196% weapon damage.

Bladestorm is a very weak 120% weapon damage. Then, 50% less damage all the time.. so it does 60% base weapon damage per hit.
3 bladestorms max. which means hits after the first 3 are spawned only hit for 60% weapon damage and are wasted.
hits per second increase with attack speed. 1.65a/s atm for example is 4/5 hits per bloodstorm.

sandstorms also get the 50% less, so are also 60% base weapon damage. but, their aoe ground effect is not stationary. it slowly moves forward. They do hit any single target 2-3 times as well. for 120%-190% base weapon damage. only interesting thing here, is the mobile aoe, STILL is a MELEE attack. so will like.. proc fortify, at range.

cyclone way better too.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No crashes yesterday and then crash city late today. Dunno what changed. Crash and lose progress on a map so even loading up the game and logging in immediately the progress on the map was wiped.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
No crashes yesterday and then crash city late today. Dunno what changed. Crash and lose progress on a map so even loading up the game and logging in immediately the progress on the map was wiped.

Cyclone has been causing a lot of crashes.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
OK. I couldn't finish act 4. I would get a few organs and crash. Then the map would reset each time and I'd have to start over. I could overcome it "eventually" just got to be a pain. I'll try again in the next day or two.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Btw who was it that had a macro for flasks shit? I remember someone talking about it a while back. Wondering, should I use some random timers or does GGG not care that much as long as I'm not spamming them? I don't mind using flasks so much on summoner cause I don't have too much else to do and I use quicksilvers to move around anyway but on my current melee I'm spamming shit all over the place already and having to hit 3 flasks every 5secs is a pain in the dick.
I've been using this as my flask macro for years, hasn't been an issue.

Code:
#IfWinActive, Path of Exile ahk_class POEWindowClass
XButton1::
Send, 1
Send, 2
Send, 4
Send, 5
Return

+XButton1::
Send, 1
Send, 2
Send, 4
Send, 5
Return
The "+XBotton1" might not be necessary anymore because it was supposed to cover when I would be holding shift for attack in place and want to hit my flasks. That's obviously not needed anymore, but I haven't removed it because it hasn't misbehaved.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Here's mine. It only fires of 2345 (Keep my oh shit health flask on a mouse bind as i use it less and want to control when i do use it more) and has a slight gap of milliseconds to add some legitimacy to it. Just replace the x with something else.

*x::
SendInput, 2
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 3
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 4
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 5
return

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Thanks for the macros, I'll make one for this and probably one for one button swap weapon > flame dash > swap weapon, so I don't need 2 movement skills on the same bar. Hitting all the flasks is annoying as shit and since it's Pathfinder I HAVE TO use them, especially since it's shitty poison(there's poison prolif on pathfinder but as usual only when flask is active so even for trash mobs you kinda want it).

Seems OpenARL updated PoB with new skills, a bunch of stuff isn't implemented properly yet(apparently Multistrike isn't). Tweaked a few things and now getting 2.8m Shaper DPS

sukik

I've been using this as my flask macro for years, hasn't been an issue.

Code:
XButton1::
Send, 1
Send, 2
Send, 4
Send, 5
Return

+XButton1::
Send, 1
Send, 2
Send, 4
Send, 5
Return
The "+XBotton1" might not be necessary anymore because it was supposed to cover when I would be holding shift for attack in place and want to hit my flasks. That's obviously not needed anymore, but I haven't removed it because it hasn't misbehaved.
Is shift for attack in place not used much by people? Just did a little testing and I'll need both because I use shift for attack in place a lot.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is shift for attack in place not used much by people? Just did a little testing and I'll need both because I use shift for attack in place a lot.
They added a feature a few patches back that lets you toggle a skill to always attack in place or not. I've not had a use for shift since then.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Anyone on softcore got a Tinkerskin they'd give up? Ended up trying traps for the first time.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
PoB is updated with new gems it seems. FINALLY

I've been playing around with the new skills, Perforate seems pretty good. I like it for leveling better than sunder due to the coverage of the sand stance attack. I was comparing it to Earthquake playstyle, but that's not quite right since it's all front loaded damage. I'm still low level so I've not done stuff like supporting it with increased aoe or what-not, so caveats there.

Bladestorm seems fun at least. I'm not sure if it's better as a 2h or DW skill or what, but it seems to want lots of attack speed and duration. Mobs that are getting hit by 3 of them seem to melt pretty fast. Pulverise seems to make the initial spin attack much larger, but not the leftover storms. That could be the graphic not expanding, but it doesn't seem like it. Does that mean ALL aoe increases only affect the initial spin and not the storms? Disappointing if true.

Leap slam seems way better to play with than before, just seems a lot smoother.

The league mechanic is awesome IMO. Sometimes if you hunt around after popping the obelisk thing you find goodies like vaal chests and unique/rare enemies and what not to kill. Perfect as a random bonus loot pinata IMO. The only downside is it seems like if you pop too many of those mobs, it crashes your game when they spawn in with some regularity. THAT part kinda sucks, but I'm sure they'll fix it fairly soon.

sukik

What are the special tabs I should pick up before I blow my currency on visual effects? I have the currency tab and the map tab looks useful.