Path of Exile

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Anyone want to point me in the right direction for a Spectral Throw build?

I was going to install this to fuck around a little this season but I'm lost, haven't played since Abyss.

Elemental, or Bleed?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I would never use the bench. If you don't want to gamble, which is perfectly understandable, just take your currency and buy a 6L from someone else. There's maybe 1 or 2 chests where it might possibly make sense to spend 1500 fusings yourself.

That was in standard where I can afford to burn fusings like that. Funny thing is that today I tried to buy a 6 link bronns. The guy didn’t respond to my message so I took the one I had already and decided to use up my fusings trying to link it. Hit it in under 200 so I guess now I’ve gotten two in around 6k fuses heh.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone in the guild throw me an invite? It occurs to me after failing to find a t13 red map for zana's quest for the 370th whisper in a row may be easier to actually play with other people in this. I don't really care about the loot part but sharing maps for the atlas completion seems like it'd be a hell of a lot more enjoyable. Character name is Amaranthy

poemap.live will solve your problems

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It you crit twice within the cooldown, you won't crit again until almost the length of the cooldown.

For example, if your attack time is 0.14 and your cooldown is 0.15, your worst case is that you will crit three times in a row for 0.42 seconds but only cast 2 spells, effectively wasting 0.12 seconds.

Basically, keep your attack time at or above your coc cooldown.

Why dual cospris?
Reading more about it, it doesn't even seem possible with the new Cyclone to stay at ~3.75 APS.

Dual cospri's mainly because I figure I can get accuracy elsewhere and a third CoC Nova sounded like a good idea. Someone in the build thread mentioned switching from Lyco to sword 2 and having the build play much smoother afterwards too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Reading more about it, it doesn't even seem possible with the new Cyclone to stay at ~3.75 APS.

Dual cospri's mainly because I figure I can get accuracy elsewhere and a third CoC Nova sounded like a good idea. Someone in the build thread mentioned switching from Lyco to sword 2 and having the build play much smoother afterwards too.
I suspect the numbers you are quoting are assuming you were "exploiting" the instant double hit you get when you started cycloning pre 3.7. If you held your cursor right next to your character, you essentially got 3x effective attack speed. I can't imagine that's still the case with the base attack speed now.

I'm pretty sure cyclone alternates weapons while dual wielding, so you'll need 2x attack speed to keep two cospris on cooldown. And then your main links will need two spells. It doesn't seem like a great setup.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Anyone want to point me in the right direction for a Spectral Throw build?

I was going to install this to fuck around a little this season but I'm lost, haven't played since Abyss.

Elemental, or Bleed?

Cast on crit

Needless

Toe Sucker
i scrapped my frostbolt + ice nova self cast assassin. Boring ass glass canon character zzz

flicker strike slayer is 1000x more ridiculous and enjoyable

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was there ever a proper fix for the syndicate fps drop bug? I tried a couple command line switches GGG support was telling people to use and that broke the game completely so I had to take them out. Also tried getting the standalone client and its content.ggpk file that's like 9GB smaller than the Steam one... effect was marginal. I was able to clear a syndicate with a couple deaths rather than having it completely freeze the client until I get disconnected or it CTDs, which is what happens playing through Steam. The larger problem is that the fps bug doesn't go away once I clear the syndicate or even leave that map. It persists until I do a full client restart. The game's basically unplayable like this.

I have had PoE installed on SSD for ages, so that's not the answer either.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
My syndicate issues have decreased but my game will periodically stutter as if theres lag, but this seems to be a new thing. Then it also just randomly crashes to desktop every few hours, also new. This shit will trigger me if it happens on stuff like Uber atziri or anything else costly

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
i scrapped my frostbolt + ice nova self cast assassin. Boring ass glass canon character zzz

CoC flicker is hilarious, agreed and greatly enjoying

• 1Solidarity

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have weird graphic and fps issues that seem to my amature self like memory problems after the 3.7 patch. I've had to change hidout (from lush) cause it would be an unplayable slideshow with graphic glitches while in that hidout and even after i left i would be forced to restart in like 5 minutes cause the problems would follow me. I still have problems if i visit someone elses lush hidout too. Occasionaly i will run into similar issues elsewhere but not reproducable that ive seen like the lush hideout one.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Glass cannon? You can build it to be relatively tanky. A bit one-shotty since it's mostly evasion, but certainly not a glass cannon.

I'm going to try this next.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah im sure i could adjust it to be less glass cannony, but i just outright dont like the self cast mage gameplay lol
i could probably buy a shit ton of regrets and just make a cyclone coc ice nova character out of him

Flicker is fun tho so ill stick with that for a bit

also lol at the magma orb build, [3.7] cheesy poofs just spilling out of your pockets-cyclone build!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah im sure i could adjust it to be less glass cannony, but i just outright dont like the self cast mage gameplay lol
i could probably buy a shit ton of regrets and just make a cyclone coc ice nova character out of him

Flicker is fun tho so ill stick with that for a bit

also lol at the magma orb build, [3.7] cheesy poofs just spilling out of your pockets-cyclone build!
Oh, self cast, yeah fuck that. I totally read that as cyclone coc, which is what I'm playing right now. Would recommend.

Flicker Strike might be bugged currently, consume extra charges.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh, self cast, yeah fuck that. I totally read that as cyclone coc, which is what I'm playing right now. Would recommend.

Flicker Strike might be bugged currently, consume extra charges.

Saw some crazy gloomfang magma orb builds a while ago, but nothing beats movement skills atm I think

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I be that jet flyin
Gator shoe wearin
Movement skill cast on crittin
Wheelin dealin
Kiss stealin
Son of a gun
WOOOooo

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Ok guys, I've been testing some low-level legion farming and here's what I've found.

Alleyways (T2) is by far the best map. The legion is close to the entrance, and in an open area 95% of the time. 5% of the time, a master could appear on the map, which for some reason causes it to spawn further in. I still go in and try to find it but i wont waste too much time on it. I'm able to do 1 map every 1.4-1.5 minutes or so depending.

Players sell this map for 1 alch or 1 fusing, and you more than make that up in the first few seconds of a map. On a shitty map, you'll at least break even. Density is huge at the start of the map too. Every 20 maps you end up with about 10-15 templar, 5-10 maraketh, 20-30 eternal empire, 10-20 vaal, and 45-60 karui splinters. You will get about 2-6 stacked decks, sometimes more. I've had a 45c sword drop as well (last map of below video), and about 5-8 incubators per 20 maps. Saints Treasure drops from here, and I've gotten 2 cards in 60 maps. 10 cards gives 2 ex. Also notice the charged breachstone in there, that was from an incubator I got from farming. All the incubators are ones I got from the alleyways farm.

(I just uploaded the video so if its 360p its still processing)

Last edited:
  • 1Like