Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Getting pretty bored of ED/Contagion. Just not a very interesting playstyle, and channeling blight for my boss DPS feels kinda bad.

Might be time to try a bow build finally. The "good" bow skills are tornado shot/scourge arrow right? Is toxic rain still a thing? Do you just always go deadeye for bows?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting pretty bored of ED/Contagion. Just not a very interesting playstyle, and channeling blight for my boss DPS feels kinda bad.

Might be time to try a bow build finally. The "good" bow skills are tornado shot/scourge arrow right? Is toxic rain still a thing? Do you just always go deadeye for bows?

No blight totems?

I have Blight - Totem Support - Multiple Totems - Faster Casting. And with Spreading Rot jewel, Blight applies Wither as well. No need to channel and the 3 totems melt bosses while you blast em with ED/Cont.

Regarding bows, Rain of Arrows / Herald of Agony is a fun build imo.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No blight totems?

I have Blight - Totem Support - Multiple Totems - Faster Casting. And with Spreading Rot jewel, Blight applies Wither as well. No need to channel and the 3 totems melt bosses while you blast em with ED/Cont.

Regarding bows, Rain of Arrows / Herald of Agony is a fun build imo.

Interesting. I've just been manually channeling vaal blight, and while the DPS is huge there aren't many bosses I can afford to stand still like that. I'll have to try the totems out and see.

Evernothing

Also, Blood & Sand is amazing. I'm running Sand stance full time and alternating either Discipline or Malevolence depending on if I want more DPS or more survive-ability fir a given situation.

Evernothing

Interesting. I've just been manually channeling vaal blight, and while the DPS is huge there aren't many bosses I can afford to stand still like that. I'll have to try the totems out and see.

I have Vaal Blight, but since you can only use it once before soul recharge, I drop it first and then switch the skill back to regular Blight for the rest of the boss right.

Are you using Spreading Rot?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I don’t really feel they improved melee at all as far as gameplay.

I haven't run Cyclone yet but it feels like the nerf to multistrike weights harder than any improvements they might have done to melee. Only tried Sunder, Tect Slam and Ice Crash and none of them were "fun".

I never tried Soulrend/Bane last league, is that any good? Besides the obvious "go ED/Contagion" of course.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, Alleyways. Took like 400 or so maps, doing legion only on like 95% of them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, Blood & Sand is amazing. I'm running Sand stance full time and alternating either Discipline or Malevolence depending on if I want more DPS or more survive-ability fir a given situation.
You know that does nothing for ED/Contagion except reserve 10% of your mana?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wonder if he meant Flesh and Stone? I’ve seen it in some ED/cont guides for the damage reduction. Still don’t know or think it’s worth it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Flesh and Stone is definitely nice. Malevolence, Flesh and Stone, Discipline with a bit of reservation reduction and you're good to go.

I will agree that ED/Contagion is definitely boring. It completely fails that "visceral" feel that Chris mentioned in his GDC talk.

I don't like Blight totem, they die to boss farts.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don’t really feel they improved melee at all as far as gameplay. What you just described was the main issue with melee. Just getting in to attack stuff can get you killed and it’s slower now than it used to be. The game is sort of backwards. The fastest moving classes get the best aoe. I have joined leech groups in the past and I could not keep up with the main attacker who not only killed the entire screen with a button press but also ran so fucking fast that I could not keep up even though I never attacked anything used quicksilvers and spammed movement. What they’ve really done was buff cyclone and slayer such that they’re fun to play but really, what other skills are that much better off than they were?

The absolute state of end game group xp pushing.

Still having lots of fun.

Evernothing

It blinds nearby enemies, and gives 10% reduction damage from far enemies.

How is that nothing?

edit - My bad I'm using Flesh & Stone, but it calls it's stances Blood & Sand.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oddly I never had a single problem with egregious totem death when I rant blight totems with Soulrend/bane. I’d still rather beef up blight self cast vs totems when using ED. You have like 3-4s of solid dps time between drains.