Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For those playing cyclone, what radius do you get your cyclone to get good clear speed and more radius feels like it would be less useful? Basically, at what point does increasing the radius start to hit diminishing returns? 40 radius? 50 radius? 60?

Vorph Vorph seems weird, I'd have to try it out myself to see what's going on. None of what you're saying makes sense.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those playing cyclone, what radius do you get your cyclone to get good clear speed and more radius feels like it would be less useful? Basically, at what point does increasing the radius start to hit diminishing returns? 40 radius? 50 radius? 60?

Vorph Vorph seems weird, I'd have to try it out myself to see what's going on. None of what you're saying makes sense.

I have 60 radius according to pob and im not satisfied yet, i honestly dont think there is a point, especially with this league mechanic, where you can say you have enough. I use the domination zana mod alot and a big reason for that is that the aoe increase shrine is so sick (used the gull helmet before i got a devoto's devotion for that reason too).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have 60 radius according to pob and im not satisfied yet, i honestly dont think there is a point, especially with this league mechanic, where you can say you have enough. I use the domination zana mod alot and a big reason for that is that the aoe increase shrine is so sick (used the gull helmet before i got a devoto's devotion for that reason too).

What ascendancy are you? I'm consider berserker for higher dps, attack speed, and movement speed or slayer for huge aoe. My thought is that berserker with close combat and nutty leap slam attack speed could compensate for the ~40 radius cyclone radius. Kinda like pulse leap pulse leap pulse leap, instead of just spinning through the whole map.

Why do you feel you need more aoe?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was going to record it this morning, but some combination of the patch, swapping a couple pieces of gear, dying, etc. seems to have fixed the issue and I can't duplicate it now. Regen alone still seems somewhat slower than it ought to be, but even just spinning in my hideout I can cast Vortex within the 4 seconds needed for Arcane Surge, and in a map with +3 mana on hit ring I can cast it on cooldown always.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm liking cyclone but I have to admit it's a bit OP lol. I bought a weapon and swapped a tabula for a corrupt 6 link that cost about 20c. Other than that no gear changes. Most of that gear when I finished act 10 was bought with nothing but resist in mind and life. I'm having no problems at all in tier 13 maps working my way up. That's crazy. I need to buy new gear but I've been putting it off till I hit a wall. I'm not the greatest min/maxer by a long way but someone competent could get a looooong way with cyclone with mininal work and gear I think.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
What ascendancy are you? I'm consider berserker for higher dps, attack speed, and movement speed or slayer for huge aoe. My thought is that berserker with close combat and nutty leap slam attack speed could compensate for the ~40 radius cyclone radius. Kinda like pulse leap pulse leap pulse leap, instead of just spinning through the whole map.

Why do you feel you need more aoe?

I'm a slayer so that 60 radius is with 10 recent kills. I'm sure zerker can be nice but i tried the rage gem and i did not like the rage mechanic at all.
I wouldn't say i "need" more aoe for anything but the league mechanic and qol, the bigger the more satisfying it is, also safer.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm a slayer so that 60 radius is with 10 recent kills. I'm sure zerker can be nice but i tried the rage gem and i did not like the rage mechanic at all.
I wouldn't say i "need" more aoe for anything but the league mechanic and qol, the bigger the more satisfying it is, also safer.
I didn't like the ramp up on the rage mechanic either. But maybe Berserker + rage support will make it tolerable. Think of hitting Berserk after clicking a monolith and being able to spin through more of the Legion with a smaller AOE because your movement speed is that much higher.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I didn't like the ramp up on the rage mechanic either. But maybe Berserker + rage support will make it tolerable. Think of hitting Berserk after clicking a monolith and being able to spin through more of the Legion with a smaller AOE because your movement speed is that much higher.

I’ve considered rage to do just that but haven’t tried it yet. I’m playing slayer and have extra range on the tree plus two range bench crafts,farm in sand stance, pulverize etc. etc. and I’m still considering putting in daressos for another 2 range. There’s just never enough imo. Cyclone plus impale is fucking ridiculous and I’m making every decision based on aoe size and movement speed because the damage you do is never an issue. There’s so much flexibility in it, you’ve got the dps you need with some decent gear to be able to decide between tanking better, hitting harder or clearing faster. It is not easy for me to full clear legions but it’s possible, usually depends on if I’ve hauled ass away from the monolith in the correct direction before they spawn in. I would not want to have to do it without scaling the aoe size up the way I have.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
what is your chance to impale and how much would that effect dps? I feel like I could be doing more dps but I know tooltip and POb is unreliable with impale so I’m not sure what changes to make. I’m currently at 40% impale because I run war banner but I could do 80% with dread, but then I lose adrenaline and acc so not sure what the best option is

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Was frostblades changed in the last few patches? I could swear you used to be able to hold attack in place and still shoot out blades. Now it seems your melee attack has to strike for that to happen.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
what is your chance to impale and how much would that effect dps? I feel like I could be doing more dps but I know tooltip and POb is unreliable with impale so I’m not sure what changes to make. I’m currently at 40% impale because I run war banner but I could do 80% with dread, but then I lose adrenaline and acc so not sure what the best option is

Impale Calculator:
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10C7di2dQJQDk0l7XwN-LD0mPMWg1ICDJkNJHXimLvuY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider

I haven't even tried to calculate a PoB since I have geared and speccd a bunch of different ways to tailor how the build plays. I've not felt like I needed more dps in any scenario but if I were farming 5 emblems or something that actually used all that extra dps Id drop some aoe for it. Im using dread banner over war, my accuracy is like 99% and I rarely ever dropped war banner in the past to get the adrenaline anyway. I grabbed one of the impale wheels on the tree and theres also another im skipping for now to get weapon range instead.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
well i had a good run this league def more enjoyable than the last. bad timing for me with the ffxiv xpac comin out so quittin abit earlier than i woulda liked. i was just gona post on here that i put 16 ex and then a buncha good gear in guild bank but someone swallowed it up as i was putting it in haha

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
poe subreddit is the worst. ppl showing off their drops and crafts, meanwhile I ain't got shit.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
TLDR: Impale doesnt double dip from enemies taking increased physical damage right?

I hit the mob for 100 physical damage, storing 5 instances of 10 dmg impales. I then cast vulnerability on the enemy (take 40% increased phys damage). The 5 instances of 10 damage impales are still 10 damage each and not 14 now right? (obviously vulnerability/pride etc are still good because they make the original hit bigger even if this is the way it works)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So this is clearly a white people problem, but I am curious when cutedog and others run this HH setup in maps, how do they run so fast so early? Is every map they do a double-beyond? When I am doing this, a lot of the time its not hard for me to get going, but sometimes I'll have 25-30 HH/IL stacks and not a single one of them is run speed, so I'm just barely moving (self-temp chains). I always at minimum run with single beyond.

Is there something else they are doing that I'm missing where it seems like every map they do in the first pack they are flying across the screen?