Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cap the buff stack at 5 or some low number. Newest overwrites oldest except shroudwalker always stays.

Change retroactive.
Yeah I mean obviously they can nerf HH, but I doubt they're nerfing HH mid league that's why I said I don't see what they can do specifically for that. They should nerf HH at the end of the league for sure though this shit's been going long enough, it looks stupid even, character isn't even on the screen anymore cause it's so big and looks like a fucking mess. Not even just there but any map or whatever you farm. I don't know how they haven't done it yet.

They can definitely keep the mechanics but it should be capped or severely reduced. The jewels aren't nearly as game breaking, nor is the spectre jewel for it so I think the mechanic's fine, it's just HH that's really broken.

How much of a real world difference is there between having RT and having 100% accuracy without it?
Only gonna matter on high evasion monsters(if you have 100% to hit these that doesn't matter) and if you're blinded, which mostly happens when you get attacked by the smoke cloud mobs and shit, but you can generally explode them before they reach the range to blind you anyway. Realistically it makes 0 difference, other than the fact you can crit. RT's still good if you want to put 0 investment into anything accuracy related, but otherwise it's pretty easy to get accuracy capped with just a bit of flat on gear(or precision aura) and an accuracy node.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah was just playing with my build in PoB and unchecking RT accuracy stayed at 100%.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I mean obviously they can nerf HH, but I doubt they're nerfing HH mid league that's why I said I don't see what they can do specifically for that. They should nerf HH at the end of the league for sure though this shit's been going long enough, it looks stupid even, character isn't even on the screen anymore cause it's so big and looks like a fucking mess. Not even just there but any map or whatever you farm. I don't know how they haven't done it yet.

They can definitely keep the mechanics but it should be capped or severely reduced. The jewels aren't nearly as game breaking, nor is the spectre jewel for it so I think the mechanic's fine, it's just HH that's really broken.

Only gonna matter on high evasion monsters(if you have 100% to hit these that doesn't matter) and if you're blinded, which mostly happens when you get attacked by the smoke cloud mobs and shit, but you can generally explode them before they reach the range to blind you anyway. Realistically it makes 0 difference, other than the fact you can crit. RT's still good if you want to put 0 investment into anything accuracy related, but otherwise it's pretty easy to get accuracy capped with just a bit of flat on gear(or precision aura) and an accuracy node.
HH, to me, has been a pointless luxury item. It's an item for tryhards to tryharder. It would take me a full league to farm the currency for one and I'm usually done with a league far before that, include putzing around on a few builds after getting 37 challenges.

It doesn't help you defeat any endgame content...until now. In principle, the item should have been removed from the game for the restrictions it puts on design space. The problem is they didn't go into that restricted design space until this league. So, you can say they haven't changed HH yet, why would they now? It's now impacting normal players. The glut of loot you can get from 5 emblem encounters will affect the value of items found by people not playing with HH.

No, it won't be nerfed mid league, but I wouldn't be surprised to have it nerfed next league. It was clearly on their radar as a known issue and the rarity change did absolutely nothing except discourage those who farmed it via div cards. Largely, those are people that get a HH because it's a league goal, not because they want to farm tons of loot with it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I never understood why to use the jewels and hh. Doesn’t hh give you all the mods on the rare? What’s the point of also having a jewel that gives ‘one’
Inspired Learning's buffs stack with HH's. Basically, for each Inspired Learning, you get a duplicate of a rare's affix.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The Koreans at first never answered any of my messages, over the course of the last week they've been getting better. Probably just getting used to the game and they were posting some bargainous stuff as they are new so probably got spammed to shit lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a post on reddit that's topical, apparently some guy farmed ~1.5k Burial Chambers and didn't get a single HH card, ended up buying it with the currency he got from farming the maps instead. So the nerf on that is probably pretty heavy, but it's too "easy" I guess to chance it/get it via random divination cards/get it from the various other systems(temple unique swap room, cadiro, betrayal stuff etc).

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, I've finished up my "fuck around with a bunch of builds" phase of the league. Very good job by GGG, I had 5 builds to try this league, 6 if you count physical impale cyclone as different, in terms of gameplay, from CoC Ice Nova. So far I've tried:

• ED/Contagion Trickster
  • Scourge Arrow Slayer with Hopeshredder
  • Ice Nova CoC with Cospri's Malice(duh)
  • Spectral Shield Throw, phys impale non-crit and convert to cold crit
  • Magma Orb CwC, pretty much a non starter due to dead time in CwC
I like Scourge Arrow the most, I'm quite surprised as the ability looked like shit on release. I wasn't going to try it until the fixed the doorway issue, which they did this league. It's still kind of an issue if you're sloppy at aiming, which I am.

Which is also the reason I dropped SST. The hitbox on that thing is fucking tiny. It's quite easy to toss 3+ shields before you realize you're missing the remaining target(s).

I'd be happy to answer any questions people have about those builds.

Which bring me to my question. I know ED/Contagion can pop the whole legion. I've had problems playing other builds and having them feel bad because significant amounts of trash is left unbroken. Some of the builds, like the Scourge Arrow build, will often leave behind a symbol mob as it's just hard to cover, channel, and attack that much ground in the bigger maps.

Am I just playing bad? Should any of those non ED/Contagion builds be able to reasonably pop most of the legion? I'm likely going to elder a map that's built around legion farming and leaving significant chunks behind is already frustrating.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So what I do (this only works on outdoor maps) is make sure I have max rage stacks , then hit berserk once the legion pops in. The extra aoe, movespeed, and damage usually means I can get every mob to pop, other than the really tanky rare or the uniques in the back. this is obviously a no go in indoor maps.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So, I've finished up my "fuck around with a bunch of builds" phase of the league. Very good job by GGG, I had 5 builds to try this league, 6 if you count physical impale cyclone as different, in terms of gameplay, from CoC Ice Nova. So far I've tried:

• ED/Contagion Trickster
  • Scourge Arrow Slayer with Hopeshredder
  • Ice Nova CoC with Cospri's Malice(duh)
  • Spectral Shield Throw, phys impale non-crit and convert to cold crit
  • Magma Orb CwC, pretty much a non starter due to dead time in CwC
I like Scourge Arrow the most, I'm quite surprised as the ability looked like shit on release. I wasn't going to try it until the fixed the doorway issue, which they did this league. It's still kind of an issue if you're sloppy at aiming, which I am.

Which is also the reason I dropped SST. The hitbox on that thing is fucking tiny. It's quite easy to toss 3+ shields before you realize you're missing the remaining target(s).

I'd be happy to answer any questions people have about those builds.

Which bring me to my question. I know ED/Contagion can pop the whole legion. I've had problems playing other builds and having them feel bad because significant amounts of trash is left unbroken. Some of the builds, like the Scourge Arrow build, will often leave behind a symbol mob as it's just hard to cover, channel, and attack that much ground in the bigger maps.

Am I just playing bad? Should any of those non ED/Contagion builds be able to reasonably pop most of the legion? I'm likely going to elder a map that's built around legion farming and leaving significant chunks behind is already frustrating.

What is the actual playstyle on scourge arrow like? That's the big charge up skill isn't it? I'm looking at making a deadeye next once I get sick of my gladiator thing and am kinda torn on which main skill to run. Tornado shot is obviously good at map clear, but I already ran ED/contagion and tornado sounds like it'd be pretty similar to that, so looking at other options.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ice Nova CoC with Cospri's Malice(duh)
I'm using Hatred+Discipline+Herald of Ice+L1 Precision. It leaves me with 4% (50ish iirc) mana unreserved. I thought this was fine--and it is when I just use Cyclone and Leap Slam--but when I use Vortex my mana still only regens what Cyclone is using. Just using Cyclone my mana constantly bounces between full and full-5. Then I use Vortex (32 mana) and it bounces between full-37 and full-32. Unless I stop spinning for a few seconds it won't regen to full so I can use Vortex multiple times. I've never played a build that reserved so much mana before, or really anything that had mana regen issues at all beyond the leveling phase so I'm not sure what the reason is. I currently have no mana on hit/kill, and no mana leech, but I do use L7 Arcane Surge linked with Vortex for a total of about 60 mana/sec regen while the buff is active. Doesn't actually work in practice though.

Would replacing my elder ring with a new one that has +3 mana on hit fix it? Or maybe a Warlord's Mark one, though I'd really prefer to avoid that... Last option would be to take the shadow area's mana leech node at 92, but I was planning to grab either a jewel or a couple 6% life nodes.

Should any of those non ED/Contagion builds be able to reasonably pop most of the legion?
I don't think anything is going to do it with the braindead ease of ED/C. CoC is fine for T2 Glacier, no idea about an elder version but my damage is so much overkill I'd be really surprised if it was much different in amount cleared. I certainly wouldn't want to do a few hundred maps in a row though, I have enough wrist problems as it is.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm using Hatred+Discipline+Herald of Ice+L1 Precision. It leaves me with 4% (50ish iirc) mana unreserved. I thought this was fine--and it is when I just use Cyclone and Leap Slam--but when I use Vortex my mana still only regens what Cyclone is using. Just using Cyclone my mana constantly bounces between full and full-5. Then I use Vortex (32 mana) and it bounces between full-37 and full-32. Unless I stop spinning for a few seconds it won't regen to full so I can use Vortex multiple times. I've never played a build that reserved so much mana before, or really anything that had mana regen issues at all beyond the leveling phase so I'm not sure what the reason is. I currently have no mana on hit/kill, and no mana leech, but I do use L7 Arcane Surge linked with Vortex for a total of about 60 mana/sec regen while the buff is active. Doesn't actually work in practice though.

Would replacing my elder ring with a new one that has +3 mana on hit fix it? Or maybe a Warlord's Mark one, though I'd really prefer to avoid that... Last option would be to take the shadow area's mana leech node at 92, but I was planning to grab either a jewel or a couple 6% life nodes.

I don't think anything is going to do it with the braindead ease of ED/C. CoC is fine for T2 Glacier, no idea about an elder version but my damage is so much overkill I'd be really surprised if it was much different in amount cleared. I certainly wouldn't want to do a few hundred maps in a row though, I have enough wrist problems as it is.

Can't you just craft the - total mana cost on ring or amulet, its what most people do. Fossil crafted chests can also get - total mana cost. This way you will still regen mana while cycloning.

And just cause i havent seen anything like this before.

Vorph

Can't you just craft the - total mana cost on ring or amulet, its what most people do.
I could but would it actually help? The issue is that I have ~50 mana and want to cast Vortex every ~4 seconds for Arcane Surge buff. Even if Cyclone was free and Vortex cost 27 mana it doesn't seem as though it would work without adding mana on hit or leech. I should be able to sustain it just fine right now with the mana regen I have, but for some reason it doesn't work that way.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could but would it actually help? The issue is that I have ~50 mana and want to cast Vortex every ~4 seconds for Arcane Surge buff. Even if Cyclone was free and Vortex cost 27 mana it doesn't seem as though it would work without adding mana on hit or leech.

It should work. Its easy to just try it out next time you play by casting just vortex every 4 seconds and see if you get all your mana back in that time.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What is the actual playstyle on scourge arrow like? That's the big charge up skill isn't it? I'm looking at making a deadeye next once I get sick of my gladiator thing and am kinda torn on which main skill to run. Tornado shot is obviously good at map clear, but I already ran ED/contagion and tornado sounds like it'd be pretty similar to that, so looking at other options.
Did you play Winter Orb at all? It's a lot like WO but with a tad bit of aiming. Every pack you channel ~2 pods at the pack, which for me is 0.333 seconds, and then move through them while the pods bloom and kill them. Glowy boi cleans up stragglers. Sometimes you have to flick a pod back behind you, but not often.

Now that I'm thinking of it, maybe my issue is my movement skill. I bet flame dash would be better than blink arrow for this playstyle. I want a quick burst of movement MUCH more often than blink arrow's cooldown.

The clearing is better than the skill's mechanics imply at face value. The game reads and looks slow. But if you get gud at how many pods you need for each pack and how reliable your glowy boi is, it's a quite good clear skill. As long as it's outside, close quarters still fuck with spore pod generation. To give some sort of comparison, while still in leveling gear, I did 60-68 in Blood Aqueduct and got just over 300M/hr. If you could fork or chain the secondary projectiles, it might compete with tornado shot.

Vorph Vorph I agree with Thregin, -mana cost sounds like the solution. Why are you using Discipline? Just to utilize watcher's eye?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Trying to get the ahk flask macro to have a suspend function.

Want to be able to hit Num Lock, " - " or some other key and fully suspend it.

*-::
Suspend
Pause,,1
return

*Space::
SendInput, 2
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 3
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 4
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 5
return

Wtf am I doing wrong?

Vorph

Vorph Vorph I agree with Thregin, -mana cost sounds like the solution. Why are you using Discipline? Just to utilize watcher's eye?

Yeah, I'll try that when I get home. I'd still like to know why I can regen the mana Cyclone uses but not the mana Vortex uses, with just plain old mana/sec regen. Shit's just weird. Since -mana cost is a prefix and there's literally no elder rings for sale on or offline with that mod, it could end up being a lot more expensive than a mana-on-hit ring. It's fairly cheap to get a ring with everything I want and just ~55 crafted life on it. Price goes up drastically when you demand a good non-crafted life roll and an open prefix.

And yeah, my Watcher's Eye is Disc/ES on hit and Hatred/Cold Pen. I use Enlighten 3 and a helm enchant just to get it to 4% unreserved mana.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Trying to get the ahk flask macro to have a suspend function.

Want to be able to hit Num Lock, " - " or some other key and fully suspend it.

*-::
Suspend
Pause,,1
return

*Space::
SendInput, 2
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 3
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 4
Random, sleepTime, 4, 8
Sleep, %sleepTime%
SendInput, 5
return

Wtf am I doing wrong?

Replace f12 with whatever you want to toggle the script.

f12::

Pause

Suspend

return

Vorph

Vorph Vorph I agree with Thregin, -mana cost sounds like the solution.
Tried it out and now it makes even less sense to me.

I have 46 mana. My Cyclone costs 5 and Vortex costs 32.
I can hold down Cyclone or spam Vortex on cooldown forever with my mana regen.
If I hold down Cyclone, mana bounces constantly between 39 (why isn't this 41? or even 36 if Cyclone manages to tick twice before mana regen does) and 46.
If I hold down Cyclone and then cast Vortex, mana bounces between something like 11 and 18. It rarely refills to the point where I can cast a second Vortex, but after that it will never go above 18 until I shut off cyclone.
(37.7 mana/sec without Arcane Surge, 48.3 with. No leech, no mana on hit.)

Is there some weird mechanic (bug?) with channeled skills that's preventing the mana regen?

Still not sure if a -5 ring would fix it, as anything that meets my reqs starts at 3ex, and I don't have the Elreon craft to do it anyway. At some point I'll probably grab a couple shitty rings that have nothing useful besides mana cost reduction or mana on hit on them to see if either of those fix the problem.

Edit: Took a chance on a nice mana on hit ring and it does fix the problem. Maybe not as well as the Elreon one, but it'll do. Still don't have a clue what the actual problem is though.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
HH, to me, has been a pointless luxury item. It's an item for tryhards to tryharder. It would take me a full league to farm the currency for one and I'm usually done with a league far before that, include putzing around on a few builds after getting 37 challenges.

It doesn't help you defeat any endgame content...until now. In principle, the item should have been removed from the game for the restrictions it puts on design space. The problem is they didn't go into that restricted design space until this league. So, you can say they haven't changed HH yet, why would they now? It's now impacting normal players. The glut of loot you can get from 5 emblem encounters will affect the value of items found by people not playing with HH.

No, it won't be nerfed mid league, but I wouldn't be surprised to have it nerfed next league. It was clearly on their radar as a known issue and the rarity change did absolutely nothing except discourage those who farmed it via div cards. Largely, those are people that get a HH because it's a league goal, not because they want to farm tons of loot with it.

TBH I would expect the way it would be nerfed is to get the manastone treatment. It works for everything, but the league specific content, you cannot steal any mods from those mobs. It would also nerf inspired learning in the process.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Triple beyond.. lol... I'm sure cutedog does 10 times this, but I don't think I've ever done this much damage before. Must go stronger!

Last edited:
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users