Path of Exile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Easier ways to see item level and mana/health bars over your character are another couple of big ones

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Easier ways to see item level and mana/health bars over your character are another couple of big ones
Yeah the health/mana bar over your head is really nice as I sometimes lose track of my health, especially when doing maps with poison clouds(hard to tell when you're right on the edge or out so you have to check your life going down) or like shooting offscreen into a nemesis corrupted blood boss and getting a retarded amount of stacks without paying attention.

Item level I was using the AHK script that gives you a detailed rundown of the item affixes, since with the addition of masters I find it pretty useful to figure out what mod I can add to the item to make it possibly usable. Though after doing it for a bit I've more or less relearned all the affixes so it's not as useful anymore but eh.

All the announced QoL changes are:

Party Leader on the map has a different color
Names are shown for players on the map
Optional clock on the UI
Experience bar shows xp/hour
Guild Stash supports item highlighting(similar to normal stash)
Life/Energy/Mana bars over your character's head
Resizable chat and font size option
Item level shown when holding alt

And obviously the item filter.

There might be more, but atm that's all the announced. It's still a good amount of stuff.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm doing some budget arc templar build, kinda fun in how braindead the gameplay is, but I need to get over trying to yolo every single sticky situation, the leveling would go a lot faster if I didn't die to random shit all the time and I don't have much time left in the 1M league. Although opening boxes needs some fixing, I can notice every time some new asset needs to be loaded because the game flat out freezes for a second or two, which is an eternity. IGN Senroythc, if someone needs some shitty uniques or gems.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm doing some budget arc templar build, kinda fun in how braindead the gameplay is, but I need to get over trying to yolo every single sticky situation, the leveling would go a lot faster if I didn't die to random shit all the time and I don't have much time left in the 1M league. Although opening boxes needs some fixing, I can notice every time some new asset needs to be loaded because the game flat out freezes for a second or two, which is an eternity. IGN Senroythc, if someone needs some shitty uniques or gems.
Need a SSD, I never have loading issues with boxes. That said, you also want to "safely" open them, by using skills to move you the fuck out of the area. Smoke mine is a pretty easy to use skill for that, drop a mine away from the box, run to the box and open, press the detonate button(doesn't have to be on your bars, you can bind it directly in the options) and you're out of there, plus you get movespeed buff and mobs are blinded. Using Blink Arrow or Lightning Warp is fine too when you have those skills(and as an arc char, you probably should have lightning warp+reduced duration on a link somewhere for normal use anyway), you can cast them before opening, click quickly, and they'll resolve while you're lagging out from the spawns. Blink Arrow even leaves a clone for the mobs to target, shit's such a great addition to archers, loved it.

Arc's very good nowadays and if you build tanky enough, it's super safe, even though gameplay is pretty braindead most of the time. My buddy I played the 1MHC with was Arc, he was demolishing shit so fast on maps we did together, most of the time I wouldn't hit anything besides bosses(which he kinda sucked at killing, and that's where my 8zombies+SRS came in and melted that shit in like 3seconds). The no travel time and fast casting along with autotargetting makes it king at interupting shit like leapers/chargers mid animation and stunning them due to damage(or outright killing them), which is generally the downfall of ranged chars. Also does pretty well against reflect since it doesn't like go crazy damage in large packs, it always hits a set amount of targets even if you cast into a pack of 30 spiders/sirens.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Was doing a Zana map, just got Belly of the Beast to drop. Congealed Blood spawns, and I die in a split second. 5k hp, and 1.5k ES, and died in half a sec. Not sure what it did to me, looked like the ground slam, but god damn, didn't know it hit THAT hard. :-/ Oh I was lvl 78 (almost 79) so I was close to my HC challenge. Ugh, dunno if I wanna try and make another run for it :-/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was doing a Zana map, just got Belly of the Beast to drop. Congealed Blood spawns, and I die in a split second. 5k hp, and 1.5k ES, and died in half a sec. Not sure what it did to me, looked like the ground slam, but god damn, didn't know it hit THAT hard. :-/ Oh I was lvl 78 (almost 79) so I was close to my HC challenge. Ugh, dunno if I wanna try and make another run for it :-/
What mods on the map? I generally skipped Zana maps cause most of the time they had shit mods and there was no reason to bother. Like I didn't do a single map with vuln, ele weakness, any of the 3 increase damage mods and I only did a couple of the boss increase ones on the easier bosses. The maps I rolled were mostly either reducing my damage(which wasn't an issue since I had more than necessary), bigger packs and ground stuff(not shocking though) and everything else I rerolled. So Zana was generally zone in, hit tab, read the mods, zone out.

The Ground Slam Blood is pretty strong, but generally it's not the slam that kills you, it's the fact it also has a "puncture support" so it bleeds you for like 3k/s if you move after getting hit, shit's crazy scary. You want to hit the staunching flask basically right as you see the ground slam. In general I was flasking on pretty much anything that hit me regardless of the damage it did, though I played ranged chars so I wasn't getting hit often. Wasn't much of an issue on my archer though, I think I literally never actually got hit by it, Acrobatics dodged every single ground slam I got "hit" by. My summoner on the other hand almost ripped like 3times to ground slam, though it became less of an issue once I started being high enough level for good SRS levels since the Blood would basically instantly die as it spawned and wouldn't even get to use a single skill.

If you're going again(though not sure how much time there is), I have some uniques and what not you can have, not sure if you need something.

Northerner

N00b
Love the game first off. Breaking the game is also fun though.

Team Fansy (all Chanters, all GOOD TEAM of course) is kinda fun but also too effective I suppose. Kiting to summons works almost everywhere and even where it doesn't, chanters are all fine in full plate. I'll see if it is viable in worst mode before dropping the hammer but it is a bit silly in 'Hard', which is, of course, not hard at all. Unlocks await!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Wrong PoE thread ...

Corrupting blood is so annoying mod to play against, when it's on magic packs, you are capped on the stacks so it's usually no big deal, but on bosses I see the stacks go up, start running away and then my hearld of thunder decides it should start working, effectively sealing my fate ><

Vitality

HUSTLE
Wrong PoE thread ...

Corrupting blood is so annoying mod to play against, when it's on magic packs, you are capped on the stacks so it's usually no big deal, but on bosses I see the stacks go up, start running away and then my hearld of thunder decides it should start working, effectively sealing my fate ><
All it takes is one remove bleed flask on your bar my man.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wrong PoE thread ...

Basically by the end of act 3 normal you should have a Staunching flask and always have one forever from then on. Corrupted Blood is deadly if you don't have one and the few mobs with Punctures will also wreck you if you don't play a melee who can tank them to begin with.

The flask mods you absolutely need are Warding(removing curses, preferably on a long duration flask that's not tied to regen so like granite/jade or quicksilver, so you also get immunity and don't get recursed right away), Staunching for Dominus/Corrupted blood/Puncture/Living Blood, Heat for boxes with freeze and voidspawn of Abaxoth/Merveil in maps though this is of lesser importance imo. Shock/Burning removal are alright but not necessary I find.

I roll a quicksilver with Warding fairly early on, and I roll a staunching flask every flask tier on mana or health.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, for some reason I thought it's like undispellable status that does chaos damage
biggrin.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reddit discovered some hidden info shit from the promotional content, lots of pictures, some might be spoilery, but really that's gonna be everywhere so unless you don't want to see anything, you might as well look. It was accompanied by a May 28th release date, however Chris hopped in the thread to say that date was "misleading" and confirmed we're getting more info on that matter tomorrow(he technically said in 20hours, which would make the NDA drop for the Act4 info at 6PM UTC, that's around noon for eastern US and evening for euro).

PoE Awakening - Album on Imgur

There's so much shit in there that's hype. Socketted skill tree, new skills, lava area, katanas. Cool shit.

Caliane

Reddit discovered some hidden info shit from the promotional content, lots of pictures, some might be spoilery, but really that's gonna be everywhere so unless you don't want to see anything, you might as well look. It was accompanied by a May 28th release date, however Chris hopped in the thread to say that date was "misleading" and confirmed we're getting more info on that matter tomorrow(he technically said in 20hours, which would make the NDA drop for the Act4 info at 6PM UTC, that's around noon for eastern US and evening for euro).

PoE Awakening - Album on Imgur

There's so much shit in there that's hype. Socketted skill tree, new skills, lava area, katanas. Cool shit.
theres nothing in the ui for "socketed" skill tree or anything. no "add socket" or "remove socket". I don't know what that is, but I think it something else.

dimstar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wow, been ages(years) since I looked at a screenshot of POE, they greatly improved the graphics!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
theres nothing in the ui for "socketed" skill tree or anything. no "add socket" or "remove socket". I don't know what that is, but I think it something else.
Yeah I guess it's not socket. It's very interesting though because it seems to generate a circle on the skill tree, which I assume will have effect on the nodes within that circle. Can the circle be expanded? What does the circle do? The obvious thing would be to make the nodes within that circle better, but it sounds like a weird concept especially due to the positionning. If it was straight in the middle of the duellist area, it could be like the Duellist node maybe and buffs all the duellist starting area which would be something most duellists would do. But then you wonder what's the point if it just makes the nodes better, I guess you have to travel less to get all your stats, but at the same time it would make people focus entirely on grabbing those nodes and nodes within it and nothing else due to efficiency. Maybe those jewels have a specific effect depending on your class, maybe they're togglable at will to generate a specific effect dynamically.

Seems very weird, looking forward to hearing about what it is.

Anyway they confirmed the NDA lifts(9AM Pacific), and they're dubbing this expansion 2.0.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yea, I read about some of that last night. It was this comment from Chris that really started my hypetrain.

rrr_img_94450.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they had mentionned some possible desync changes. There's also another post from Chris in a thread that was about some guy playing D2 for the first time and comparing systems and mechanics between the games and how D2 did a lot of stuff better, and he said in that thread that they had a bunch of unannounced new systems and rebalancing that should adress some of his concerns, which sounds well, pretty fucking big.

It's interesting because they're only teased fairly minor things, a unique, some lore, some QoL UI changes including the massive item filter, a few skills, but apparently the act4 patch is going to be a "real" expansion, which should overhaul a lot of stuff. So the more of the little tidbits I read, the more I'm excited for the big reveal.

Caliane

Yeah I guess it's not socket. It's very interesting though because it seems to generate a circle on the skill tree, which I assume will have effect on the nodes within that circle. Can the circle be expanded? What does the circle do? The obvious thing would be to make the nodes within that circle better, but it sounds like a weird concept especially due to the positionning. If it was straight in the middle of the duellist area, it could be like the Duellist node maybe and buffs all the duellist starting area which would be something most duellists would do. But then you wonder what's the point if it just makes the nodes better, I guess you have to travel less to get all your stats, but at the same time it would make people focus entirely on grabbing those nodes and nodes within it and nothing else due to efficiency. Maybe those jewels have a specific effect depending on your class, maybe they're togglable at will to generate a specific effect dynamically.

Seems very weird, looking forward to hearing about what it is.

Anyway they confirmed the NDA lifts(9AM Pacific), and they're dubbing this expansion 2.0.
yeah, I have no good ideas on what it could be.
I also considered the "buffs the nodes in its circle or something". but that too doesnt work, imho. some nodes are half in/out, are those being buffed? and of real note, again no visual effect on those nodes being highlighted, to show just that. if that circle was doing something to those nodes, there would be a visual representation of it. And I would expect some kind of UI element up with the "5 points letf, 40 refund points, etc.