Path of Exile

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Not sure why games like this insist on leveling again when playing hardcore. It would have a lot more appeal if when you die in hardcore you just respawn naked in town at your current level or maybe there's an XP penalty or something. The point is to not have to level again after each death (which can come from many sources outside a player's control).

Who do I bug for a guild invite ? still Harfle ?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure why games like this insist on leveling again when playing hardcore. It would have a lot more appeal if when you die in hardcore you just respawn naked in town at your current level or maybe there's an XP penalty or something. The point is to not have to level again after each death (which can come from many sources outside a player's control).

Who do I bug for a guild invite ? still Harfle ?
Well softcore already gives you an XP loss on death. I wouldn't mind some middle ground where each time you die a randomly equipped item is destroyed. But as it stands a death in hardcore is effectively 6 real life hours of my time to go back and re-level and that isn't a penalty I'm willing to swallow.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just started playing this game like two weeks ago, was playing an Arc witch and enjoying it but apparently I picked the absolute worst time to try the game out in Talisman league haha. Guess I'll be starting over in the new league, maybe try one of those dual totem builds you guys were talking about. Sucks cause I was enjoying my Arc witch but not sure I want to start all the way over on it. Oh well!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just started playing this game like two weeks ago, was playing an Arc witch and enjoying it but apparently I picked the absolute worst time to try the game out in Talisman league haha. Guess I'll be starting over in the new league, maybe try one of those dual totem builds you guys were talking about. Sucks cause I was enjoying my Arc witch but not sure I want to start all the way over on it. Oh well!
The more you level, the faster it goes, so you wouldn't take very long to go, but you might as well change it up some. You could also in theory just keep playing your arc witch in standard, but it's gonna be pretty dead there for the next few weeks. Chars aren't deleted, they're just moved to the permanent leagues.

Tenks

Issue with Ascendency is the trials force you to go into some side areas you'd otherwise just skip while leveling. So I'll be interested to see even with the power creep if it is much quicker.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I probably won't start til tomorrow, but I did have a question about acquiring skill gems not available to your class. Could I just get the gems from a rerolled bro that can buy them from a vendor, or are those not tradeable somehow? I looked and didn't see any obvious "no trade" markings on them but wasn't sure.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Issue with Ascendency is the trials force you to go into some side areas you'd otherwise just skip while leveling. So I'll be interested to see even with the power creep if it is much quicker.
I don't think leveling will be, but like the endgame farming certainly will. Considering leveling is like 1-10% of the experience depending on where you stop, even if it's slower, it'll still be faster to reach 80-90.

I probably won't start til tomorrow, but I did have a question about acquiring skill gems not available to your class. Could I just get the gems from a rerolled bro that can buy them from a vendor, or are those not tradeable somehow? I looked and didn't see any obvious "no trade" markings on them but wasn't sure.
You can absolutely get other class gems that way, actually you can just go to the right vendor(can look it up on the wiki) and ask in town and generally someone will just buy you the gem and trade it for the currency he used at no cost cause it literally takes 10secs.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Well shit, I was 4000th in the queue then I accidentally hit my auto hotkey macro and it logged me out. Now I'm at 10800th in queue. Whoops!

Tenks

Heads up they added AFK detection right now. Got booted as I ate dinner. Queue to log back in.

Venijk

There wasn't a queue but I had trouble creating a character. Now it's ~5000 but going down quickly. Only a couple minutes.

Edit: The DC server at least is getting crushed. Can't seem to log in.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3550479e06.jpg