Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone have a guide for the labrynth? Do I need to get the cogs and silver keys every time or can I just zoom through and forget about that shit? I've only made it to the third boss once - get trap fucked almost everytime after getting passed the second iteration

edit: nm here it is if anyones interested -Path of Exile Ascendancy: LABYRINTH GUIDE - Everything You Need to Know! - YouTube

I guess its all just really random

Ryanz

<Banned>
The lab boss changes each week, so we are just seeing 3 variations of however many he has.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Playing HC Perandus RF Totem. I beat A4N then went back and crushed the normal Lab. I'll likely do the same for Cruel.

Caliane

found a hidden chest in the lab, which was on a path, ONLY reachable with blink arrow. And presumably leapslame or lit warp. whirling blades, etc woudl not have worked.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I'm liking this league so far...got this for 24 coins at around level 10 on my ranger.

rrr_img_127815.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I played only a couple of hours and only thing I saw that was nice was 10alt orbs at like lvl 5, sadly. But I do like the league stuff, it's simple and you can get good leveling items while leveling, which is pretty nice since most of the time leveling items are for alts since there's no way to afford them on the first char.

Still not sure what to do, started toward a necro summoner but tempted to just do a caster instead so I don't have to deal with summoning stuff and just pew pew around.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I played only a couple of hours and only thing I saw that was nice was 10alt orbs at like lvl 5, sadly. But I do like the league stuff, it's simple and you can get good leveling items while leveling, which is pretty nice since most of the time leveling items are for alts since there's no way to afford them on the first char.

Still not sure what to do, started toward a necro summoner but tempted to just do a caster instead so I don't have to deal with summoning stuff and just pew pew around.
That's the interesting thing with this league, that helm I got from the NPC that spawns randomly in maps and sells things for perandus coins. It was only 24 coins, so like 3 or 4 perandus chests, and it will likely last me till maps due to the ele resists and I've seen similar things, then also some really OP stuff for like 4k coins from him but it is one way to gear up on a first character without having to worry too much about other currencies you might actually want to be using.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got offered Bino's for 1657, shame I was like 600 short
Is Bino still worth anything now that poison shit was nerfed a ton, including Bino itself? I mean it's still good for dagger melee builds I assume but before the poison patch they were only a couple of chaos.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like the league so far. It's going to be interesting watching how the economy plays out - GGG are hinting that Cadiro will sell us something we likely haven't seen yet. I got up to level 80 and I can tell you all that elementalist is amazing if you want to go for damage. I am doing the same firestorm build I did in Talisman except now I get to add the perma status ailments on everything - I deal zero damage besides fire yet all the mobs I hit get shocked and it's so sweet.

I am already planning on making a summoner though! I've started thinking about interesting interactions and am going to try to do a Necromancer with the new life reg / flasks goes to pets belt, 2x essence worm (for 2 'free' fat auras), bones of ullr (given), rathpith and likely the necklace which grants spell block to max it.

Since pets would get flasks I'm thinking they should have vessel of vinktar, the karui flask (full hp after 2 seconds or so) and then I'm not sure. Maybe run grace aura and give them the 100% evasion flask or things like taste of hate?

I'll keep tinkering and probably try it out in standard before I make it in perandus

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The official forums are such a cesspool of salt and whining right now. Holy hell I did not realize how fucking terrible the unwashed masses (of the forums) are at this game. Apparently the Labyrinth is just impossibly hard for anyone but elitistson all difficulties.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Not really shocking, considering they are essentially forcing platformer type puzzle solving on an action RPG crowd.

Elementalist is just crazy dps. Makes me want to try out other ascendancy classes though. There has been a huge jump in powerlvls from this, more than I realized from just looking at the trees.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I think they should definitely look into removing the tedium for the people who hate it and always will hate it. Some people just want to zone out and smash maps for hours on end and that's fine, not all content should be for everyone. I want to see the Trials be account-flagged like Scion unlock is, and probably let people skip normal/cruel and just do Merc for all six points.

That being said, given how powerful the six points are I'm staunchly adverse to nerfing anything of the Lab right now -- I'll report back further when I've ran a few chars through merc lab. I honestly do not care if half the playerbase's theorycrafted builds get smashed by traps and Izaro; group or pay for help or some shit -- glass cannon for clear speed meta is old and is trivializing the game.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don't think glass cannon builds play into it though, as once you start running maps any glass cannon build will smash the boss anyway. It is only ever a problem for builds where you are leveling. Also, having tons of hitpoints doesn't even help with the traps at all (in fact could hurt you, right?), as the loss is percent based and it isn't like your potions get better the more hitpoints you have. Do things like fortify work on the traps?

Caliane

yeah, the biggest issue people have with traps is the hp scaling. It is an odd choice and means you can't overlevel, or just hp tank them, and glass cannon builds aren't actually weaker. there needs to be some sort of scaling mechanic. %hp with a cap or something.

I ended up deciding on Pathfinder for my TS ranger.
very happy with it.

Even on normal with just t1 natures adrenaline. so good. (15% movespeed while using a flask, 20% inc attack speed) 8% flask duration/5% effect minor node.
atm have healing, healing, silver flask, stibnite flask, jade flask. +duration on stibnite and jade as well. Stibnite is 30 charges, 10 per charge, making it refill very fast. And a 5s default duration. it lasts 8s for me. so, pretty much always active.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
yeah, the biggest issue people have with traps is the hp scaling. It is an odd choice and means you can't overlevel, or just hp tank them, and glass cannon builds aren't actually weaker. there needs to be some sort of scaling mechanic. %hp with a cap or something.
I haven't done merciless lab yet but I did my cruel one for my asc class and the traps were hitting me for virtually nothing. I think I was level 68? Even the spike impaler trap was doing like 10% my HP.